Sign in to follow this  
Lusitainia

Squire Taunt CD?

I have been going back and getting some of the "DO ######### Damage with _____." and whatnot in game objectives, and noticed I was having a LOT of trouble with getting my provoke numbers up.

After paying attention more, I finally realized that the provoke worked when I saw the black squiggle cloud thing over the foe's heads, however only about 1 in 4 times I used Provoke would it show up. I started waiting a long time between using Provoke and noticed it was working more times than not then. My thought then was that perhaps to prevent 100% uptime on provoke no foe can be hit by it until the effect is off, so I took off all my gear that was making the duration longer and found it worked every time.

The issue I see is if you have gear that makes the duration of Provoke really long, like 2 minutes for instance, why should you have to wait for both the built in CD AND the duration CD to be able to use the ability AND have it work instead of just changing the built in CD to the duration to actually tell us when we can use it again, or allow us to provoke again without waiting on that duration. Or even just making provoked foes immune to the same ability would be good enough, but if you have a long CD, use it on a ogre that dies, and another comes up but you can not use it again for another 90 seconds you are kinda screwed.

Whoa. I've talked to our design team and this is definitely a bug, but one that we are going to have to be careful addressing, lest we run into balance issues. 

Would you mind filling out a bug report for us? The data would help us tremendously. 

This is an awesome bug. Thank you so much for sharing it!