Hi, i have some questions about Tower stats:

- Are the Formulas known ? Is the power/speed increase from the stats linear?

- is Tower speed capped by the animation duration of the tower attacks, is there a hardcap set by each towers animation duration ( my AA tower seems to fire a bit slow for example ) ?

- Monk: while the auras are % driven, does defence Health still affect them?  If it does: how ? ( Main concern: Lightning aura )

- Monk: Is the Boost aura effect dependant on the monks tower dmg stat ?

- Squire: Is defense health also increasing the dmg-resistance of barricades ?

- Squire: Is the dmg-resistance of barricades improved by a Boost aura?

@NCO quote:

Hi, i have some questions about Tower stats:

- is Tower speed capped by the animation duration of the tower attacks, is there a hardcap set by each towers animation duration ( my AA tower seems to fire a bit slow for example ) ?

- Monk: while the auras are % driven, does defence Health still affect them?  If it does: how ? ( Main concern: Lightning aura )

1) No idea if the formula is known or not.

2) Doesn't appear to be. What's your Sky Guards current "ATK Rate"? Mine is 0.54s

3) Yes. But don't worry about it unless you notice that your auras die before you're able to repair them. I've got 301 Tower Health, and even that is 'too much'. I've found Boost Auras to be more dependent on Tower Health than any other, since [I assume] it's energy is drained for every boosted tower's attack.

4) No. Only certain Relics will improve the Boost Aura... It used to be that you could get, 2 additional items that gave this boost (Head and Weapon I believe). But Trendy removed those from the lootpool, leaving some people with amazing items and any future players with mediocre stats in comparison.

5) I don't believe it does, but I'm not exactly sure. Boost Auras will reduce the damage it receives, but that's pretty much it. I'm assuming that the Health is what you've got to work with. It doesn't make sense to have resistance grouped in with a Health stacked Barricade. If anything damage resistance should be a separate stat entirely (Like with the Heroes).

6) The damage taken is reduced by #%. Meaning; A mob hitting your barricade for 10000, you'd simply remove the #% from 10000. Standard Boost Aura DMG Prot is 10%, so easy enough; the mob will hit the barricade for 9000. I assume this is how it works.. I might be completely wrong.

@Pachipachio quote:

just wanna add:

1) only "formula" out there is to maximize damage you generally want Tower Power = Tower Speed + 50

Why the "+50"? I would guess that at 1000+ in the stats the 50 extra here or there would be largely irrelevant, and that power should be roughly equal to speed due to diminishing returns? Or do I misunderstand some interaction somewhere?

I think you assumed something about the relationship between DP/DS that you have no data on when you said "diminishing returns", correct me if I'm wrong though.  Imagine a graph with DS on the X axis and DP on the Y axis, trendy could have picked any shaped curve to represent their relationship.  Any.  There's no reason they should be roughly equal (therefore a purely linear x = y) other than the fact that gear somewhat dictates they're equal (with a small bias towards there being more power out there).

Anyway, the relationship's been pretty well quantified and it's actually at 1000+ that the +50 rule is most effective.  Lower than 1000 you'd want more than a 50 difference (68 @ 1500 combined stats for example) and higher the difference diminishes like you guessed. The relationship between DP and DS seems to asymptote at +50, too.  So even if you get 3000 combined stats the best totals would be 1475 DS and 1525 DP.

Here's the thread where someone took the time to +/- his stats enough and graph the points in wolfram alpha and then had a good discussion about it all with another poster:

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/117826/logout

@NCO quote:

They are both linear. DP scales as a coefficient with each defense, no diminishing returns. Every 3 pts of DS past the base 250 increases the base attacks per second of a defense by 1%. The DP = DS + 50 can be derivated from the difference in scaling. DS increases by 100% of base every 300 pts, DP does it in 250 points, and through some calculus magic you can prove the above relationship.

@NCO quote:

Defense Speed is only capped on Ballista tower and it's assumed to be a bug/oversight. It caps at 1346 IIRC.

@NCO quote:

DH scales on all defenses as a linear coefficient. meaning that doubling your DH doubles the uses on your auras. Lightning aura's decay is based on how many enemies are in it every second instead of the number of times it attacks so it decays really slowly and there is virtually no reason you'd need DH for a lightning aura monk.

@NCO quote:

No. Only by the Passive on relics

@NCO quote:

No.

@NCO quote:

The boost aura specifically says it reduces the damage taken by defenses in the aura.