Sign in to follow this  
Sir NoVa

[PRANKED] I'm quitting DD

Heyo fellow Defenders!

Yes, you've read it right. And you may be asking "Why!?", well there are plenty of reasons, some that I'd like not to mention because they may cause unintentional diverge, and I'm not that kind of person that tends to say some unbased info in public, some certain guy that made me so mad when yoinking a cursed bloodshot that I was on the edge of really quitting this game quite some time ago - thanks, and I still hate you (but hey, not seriously... in a good way) - another one is the amount of time I've spend in here - yes, it's way too many, I've seen most of it, got most of it, and overall I've done most of it too - speaking of getting most of it, there was one thing that was still keeping me in this game (we'll get into it eventually).

Some may have noticed the recent auctions I was doing - I've been slowly getting rid of my gear. Most of it I've donated to some trusty sources where I know it will get into right hands, but keeping the necessary to complete my only task left.

The last ~400 ingame hours I was doing barely anything beside going through floor drops on Moraggo survival. And with each session taking roughly 2 hours you can do the math about how much actually I've made to fulfill the task. And just recently (it's actually roughly hour ago since posting this thread), I've finally finished it. Let's get into it and see what it consisted of:

Armor

Even though that was not my primary focus, I've still managed to get some really decent drops.

• u++ armor - 2 pieces - both of them actually very useful
  • u+ armor - 9 or 10, I don't recall exactly
  • ult armor - above 20 individual pieces that filled most spots in my in-progress sets
  • and a countless of supreme or lower tier (counting the useful ones only) - over 60 pieces that were given away/donated

Staves

As my primary focus, my goal was to get an ultimate++ Bloodshot staff of any kind, the results of my effort are following:

• 2x u++ Bone Staff - both auctioned here on forums, making me something like 150 coal pieces
  • 3x u+ Bone Staff - all nice ones, given away
  • 7 or 8 ult Bone Staves - I was actually frequently using 3 of those, rest of them were quite meh sold in afk shop of shame
  • several ultimate or higher tiers of the Genie's staves - some of them really useful, given away also as prizes during our livestream

...and finally moving on to the main focus - dem fancy Bloodshots:

• ~50 myth bloodshots - most of them personally given away or as some contest prizes (counting the really good ones)
  • ~30 trans/sup bloodshots - shared with group members or friends
  • 15 or 16 ult bloodshots - most of them I've again given away, keeping several colormatching ones for myself
  • 8 or 7 ult+ - cursing all of them for not rolling into u++, think I got rid of them all in anger

..necessary to say that I've been loudly and in excessive language cursing (in several languages actually) every single u++ drop for not rolling as bloodshot - yes even those armor pieces I've raged quite bad, and also with many other random core junk drops.... good times. Which I feel very sorry for my neighbors that probably got quite mad at me for shouting out loud.

And finally, on this fine day of Monday the 29th June 2015, the dream has come true... after ~400 hours spent in that cursed map

• 1x ult++ Bloodshot
f77rRp8.jpg

I was actually expecting it to be the biggest troll of them all, but destiny was mild and gave me this nice piece, which I'm not even mad with, actually satisfied. It was in the end worth the effort.
And I think at this point I've spend too much about writing - am not really talkative actually. This all above being said, I'd like to deeply thank to everyone I know or more got involved with in this very nice community (I was about to write you all down, but that would take waaayy too much time) and thank you for this nice period I could have the honor of spending here.
And yes I am aware of the upcoming updates, but there won't be any goals like this one above for me to work for (I'm sure).
So that's probably all I wanted to express, it's time for me to get drunk!

Farewell and regards,

NoVa

Well I am very happy you finally found what you were looking for.  However also very sad to see you go now that you have it.  I understand though.  I much appreciated playing and talking with you even though you are not 'Murican.  :)

Please keep your gear though in case you decide to come back.  Just saying that it happens.  :)

Good luck Nova.

Hey Nova.

If this is the last we'll see to each other in Dungeon Defenders, I think this is the right time to say it. I AM YOUR FATHER, NOVA!

Okay sorry. Couldn't resist. No seriously. The first memory I have of Nova was when I was desperatly looking for some map spots back when Pj left the scene. I had some but still needed more. That's when I remember meeting Nova for the first time. That probably was not but after 1.4k hours you are bound to forget a thing or two. The funny thing is that hour or so we were playing together I learned alot about Nova. "Playing together" sounds like I actually contributed with anything. I didn't. Bad choice of words but I'm no 'murican either... He would show me 1/3 or half the way to the final spot and then run around on the map doing whatever he wanted to. He would sit somewhere in the map with a cool drink and enjoy the show I made trying to reach a roof, a tree top, a rock, etc. That showed me the first thing about Nova: He is aware of the players he is playing with. He could have shown me all the spots in 16 min and I would be on my way. But would I then have the same spark for tricky spots on maps that I have today? I am not so sure.

Anyways... Been speaking for too long. I agree with Acen:

@ddace quote:

Well I am very happy you finally found what you were looking for.  However also very sad to see you go now that you have it. [...] Good luck Nova.

Best regards M3rc!_33#

Gz on the ++!
Sad to see you leave, I had a ton of fun playing and trolling silly 'muricans with you. While I do hope to see you back I understand why you're quitting, and I wish you the best on your future =D.
Thanks for all the fun we've had nova! Good luck and take care ^^

Damn nova. I still think fondly of the times in the former steam forums. Volcanic eruption.. U remember? 

U showed me the build for nm. Then went on together with Copey to deliver them presents.. Down to countless ww sessions and Akatiti runs. 

Good luck on whatever may come in your path 

Patrick 

Congrats on finally getting that last item that has been haunting you for so long. I can def relate to waiting for that last drop on the bucket list. Glad to hear that someone finally got there last bucket list item. Seems like many fall short on getting that. 

I know we didn't always see eye to eye on everything but i hope i wasn't one of the ones that pissed you off to much =/

Well anyways, have fun in life after DD, hopefully things are good once you can finally put this game behind you, and hopefully i can one day know what that is like. 

Good luck man

-Some Murican Guy

@czThePROcz quote:
@Veetoo quote:

Volcanic eruption.. U remember?

It was Tinker Lab you fool. But who can remember all them hours.

Almost 1 year ago. Could have sworn it was VE. Still don't change the fact we had some good times :) 

I'm really sad to see you leave. I hope you still pop back in from time to time. :(

April fools!!

latest?cb=20121205194057

Oh you guys.... you really do believe in everything I say/type. And you'd think you'll get rid of me that easily? Oh nonononononono! And I even caught you on the cheapest excuse I was able to come up with... what a dummy would quit now when we have all those updates coming right around the corner? <.<
And also... who would remain here to troll/piss/poke those silly 'Muricans? And someone has to stay to keep that To-Do list updated. <.<
Anyway, I was planning some "celebration" of that cursed dream drop like this on an actualy 1st April, [mumble]if this trolly rng was not such a jerk[/mumble], then it could work and would be perfect, but it sort of works as 1st June. Not good enough for you as an april fool joke? Well... deal with it. (■_■¬)
I hope that it's clear enough, and I am sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, but don't worry, am not planning leaving this behind any time soon.
But I must admit, this was quite funny. Maybe I'm being evil for doing this, I was kind of curious what would happen. And actually I was very nicely surprised, giggling on every feedback I've received regarding this thread and playing it off.
So again, I am sorry if I threw some of you off with this, but don't take this thread seriously... [mumble]maybe except the part about hating one certain guy who yoinked that cursed bloodshot[/mumble].. also non-'Muricans need to make fun/jokes from time to time.
Anyway, thank you all for this nice surprise, and don't be sad!

P.S.: I may take few days off of this game, I don't want to see it for some time. <.<

queen.pngwyvern.pngskeleton.png Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii KKKKKKKKKKIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYYYYYYYooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Good to have some good news, yeah, you had me there :)))

PS What is a PB guy? Can't figure it out....

YAY!!!  Us 'Muricans have our Nova back, unless you coming back is the joke.  Now I just dont know what to believe.  :)

* gasp * I've fallen for a 'murican trap! *runs off*
But srs, this is great news! Hope we can play again together in the future =D

RNG may not be as forgiving as we are though.  RNG thought you left it for some other game.  

NoVa!!!

You are evil!!!

*me when i first read this

(∩︵∩)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

*me after i found out it was a prank 

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . )

*that's NoVa being flipped

I have no words, other than gratz on getting your incredibly awesome Ulti ++ bloodshot!!!

<3 Jemma