Just a few of my problems with groups. There are more, but these are the most glaring so far.

1. I join a game, see that they're about to fail, so I leave. I try to join another game, but it keeps putting me into the same game over and over, which is really frustrating.

2. I start a game, someone joins and instantly G's, causing the game to start before I can build any defenses.

3. A person joins a game and starts building random stuff all over, I can't sell it, I can't kick him (because you need 3 to kick? Who thought that was a good idea?)

4. Kicking is completely broken, I can't kick any trolls or people that won't follow rules, or generally unsociable people should I want to be interacting with people who actually talk and have fun together, etc, without a kick vote.

5. Can I drop more than 10 mana at a time? Shift+M for 100 drop maybe?

6. I can't sell something someone placed randomly that wastes the DU needed for a working build. This has happened many times and about half the time they ignore me when I ask them to sell it.

7. It would be nice to have the option to open your private game to other people to join publicly after you've set it up the way you want it.

@Zen00 quote:

I join a game, see that they're about to fail, so I leave. I try to join another game, but it keeps putting me into the same game over and over, which is really frustrating.

They've mentioned on the last Dev stream that this is being addressed.

Can I drop more than 10 mana at a time? Shift+M for 100 drop maybe?

You do have ctrl+m for all mana.  Or I still use the old trick of binding drop mana to your mouse wheel.  Lets you drop much quicker.

The game's not perfect but it's kinda hard to make people agree to a build in a co-op building game.  Especially when you have new people that have no clue what they're doing but still want to "help".

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

facepalm buddy - control + m, FTW

point 1. is on the money though cheers nekrin for pointing out dev stream response to that

For whatever reason, ctrl+m doesn't work for me.

@Zen00 quote:

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

facepalm buddy - control + m, FTW

point 1. is on the money though cheers nekrin for pointing out dev stream response to that

For whatever reason, ctrl+m doesn't work for me.

This issue has been addressed in another thread and the way they explained to fix it is by clicking " Defaults " in the Options Menu. Then your CTRL + M should work again.

=====

I agree with many of your points and at the same time, the negative issues trolls used in DD1/DDE  are slowly being addressed I believe.

Points (3) and (4)

The kicking system does need work and I believe they have been working on this since the beginning. What solutions would you think of to address this concern?

Point (6)

The restriction of selling another player's defenses (unless they leave the game) was a great addition to the game to prevent trolls from bringing down your defenses and failing at the hard work everyone put into the build.

I've struggled with this idea on a personal level and basically came to the actualization that everyone just want's to play the game just as much as everyone else. To force someone unwilling "not" to build is a form of control and nobody likes to be controlled. Unless everyone in the party agrees to a builder, it's a happy world, otherwise we all have to be happy with the hand we're dealt or just leave the current game. 

Imho: -- Expectations, when joining a public game, are always best left at the door before walking in.

IDEA: 

If the was a game mode designed to designate a lane for everyone to take control and responsibility for by clicking on a flag or item. If they fail to control the lane, then they lose out on the greater rewards they could have received and does not impact anyone else. This way everyone can choose to build what they want and take full responsibility for their actions. If everyone fails their lane control then the game ends. Just a thought ...

Point (7)

Agreed. Bring back the option to open to Public.

Cheers!

If I'm going through the trouble of Hosting a game, it's me saying that I'm going to be the most active person (usually meaning I'll be building everything) that's the way I've always viewed hosting, and the way it seems to generally work. As such I like to think that I should have Admin powers over my game, which includes who can stay/kick and who can build/not.

Generally if I'm hosting I get very disgruntled when other people start building because I know how to build the map that I'm hosting (hopefully) and have a specific build that I want to use that has been tried and tested in a private match beforehand. Other people trying to build harsh my groove so to speak. :P