Sign in to follow this  
Ghost [WoRM]

AFKing

At first I wasn't going to make a thread about this, but I'm tired of seeing it so much.
I'm talking about the people who will join your game and sit there afk, then come occasionally to make sure they didn't get kicked by the game system. The main part that bothers me is that these guys sit there while other people, probably myself, do literally all the work, and have to wait every round because they don't press the ready button. By the time they get back to the computer the game is already finished, and they just earned a ton of loot for nothing, not even upgrading or giving mana like most people do.

This is a complete waste of time and mana. Every time someone goes afk and doesn't pick up their mana for that round it goes to waste. That's right, gone. If we're on Liferoot Forest this makes it harder to do the boss encounters every wave after the first. Waiting 40 seconds between rounds every round is going to waste approx 3 minutes, or 16 every 5 games, and waiting for the end timer is another 90 seconds, or 7.5 minutes every 5 games. Normally I might not be bothered so much by this, but having a medical condition that requires that I spend no more than 30 minutes at a time on the computer really limits what I can do while I'm on it.

I feel the same way. This Knight just stood in a incursion hard liferoot and did nothing, while we upgrade and stuff like that. His name had to do with iC@ntAim or something like that. But yeah, we had to wait a long time just because of that. Also, the whole wasted mana is kinda ridiculous.

Hmm... yeah. Sometimes a player will legitimately need to go afk, or other issues, but the green mana thing is a issue overall. Between trolling, missing a chest, or green gems flying off cliffs or into enemy portals, something so necessary shouldn't be vanishing in random amounts each game.

I posted a suggestion  a while ago that there's a gatherer by objective that collects unreachable or cliff dropped greens. I suppose it should be amended to include any ungathered chest mana as well.

Not sure... what to do about people who aren't paying attention though. Afking pretty much plagues every type of game. While there have been ideas for dealing with it, most of the posted ones have major flaws. I suppose a solution is missing two green chests kicks you, clean and simple. Normally you can afk most maps pretty safely, but if your team is struggling on any map, afking should be done elsewhere. I make it a rule to at least try and be partially there, even when busy, if it's betsy or something, when I'd otherwise set-it-and-forget-it my buildings. Courtesy. The very minimum has always been grabbing the chest and dumping the mana before going back to whatever business is distracting you, because of how important it is.

Should I bump it up and amend it to save forum space, btw?

afking was ONLY resolved in the first game by giving the host full kick power.  Mostly the people who moan about this are trolls or so wrapped up in themselves that nobody can stand to play with them.

Yeah the kick system isn't really reliable in it's current state. I don't know if bumping would actually do anything because there will always be some guy that doesn't care. I doubt a majority of the people that need to read this thread actually will.