Bit the bullet so you don't have to. Here's my Itsy-Betsy (I'm a builder)

I think this will change a lot with the next patch.. whenever they update pets.. hopefully SOON !!  

I actually think that it'd be good to have crap stats on all pets and then be able to upgrade pet power via food  which I think is what they said they were going to do.  If Betsy had good stats everyone would be kinda forced 2 get it for the stats.. but this way you can choose what ever one you want and upgrade it.

I think Itsy betsy will be graphically updated next patch, also we may be able to re-roll pet stats with that patch idk, may not be quite so bad

Well, it is pre alpha after all, but glad you did this so I do not have too. Gonna save for the uber spheres instead.

Pets in DD2 are just plain boring. Nothing like DD1's monkey, seahorse, donkey, cupid ... those little guys had souls and were actually useful.

@Woqini quote:

Pets in DD2 are just plain boring. Nothing like DD1's monkey, seahorse, donkey, cupid ... those little guys had souls and were actually useful.

Everyone needs to give this game some time, it's still in its very early stages. Pet evolutions aren't out yet which will make a huge difference. 

I don't think development team members enjoying the rare bit of free time they have means that they aren't motivated and/or don't care, but maybe that's just me. To think such a post was spawned by a disappointing pet... Have people forgotten about the planned updates to the pet system?

@Alhanalem quote:

I don't think development team members enjoying the rare bit of free time they have means that they aren't motivated and/or don't care, but maybe that's just me. To think such a post was spawned by a disappointing pet... Have people forgotten about the planned updates to the pet system?

“Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs.” ~ Vaclav Havel -

Well.... haven't Trendy already shown what the betsy pet looked like and that it was basically a slight re-skin of Growl (i think thats the name of the dragon pet :P).

And also announced they were working on a rework on that pet.... So this is no surprise to me xD Which is why i have avoided it all along.

My expectations for this are more in the pet abilities than that stats that come off of itsy-betsy itself. Comparing uber towers to their regular versions at this point is similar. The uber version does something different, currently not all ubers are "better" than their non-uber counterpart they just do something differently. 

Not sure exactly how they are going to implement pet abilities, but itsy-betsy is probably going to do something differently. Same philosophy as the uber towers. Itsy-betsy will still have an evolution whereas the other two dragon hatchlings don't have that confirmed. 

Basically you took a bet, see how it turns out. I'd say that you have seen about 1/3 of what you just spent your tokens on.

I opened exactly the same thread, lawl :D
AND: I got the same pet... And its a waste too. Shame :/

Sarge4206th quote:
*Snipped*
You need to chill out. Slave driving everyone in the team is a sure fire way to burn them out, and eventually just destroy the team and community around it.

Did you ever stop to think that there is more to the world than working your ass off all the time? 

Besides quoting people speaking about vacation publicly and using it as "evidence" of being lazy is just silly. Perhaps they rather not speak about the job that much publicly? Ever stop to think about that? I mean, I don't go on on social media about my job at all, but I do speak there about my off time stuff.

And a 60 hours week is nothing to brag about, it is just plain silly and a sure fire way to burn out in the long run.

Besides, in my experience a game made by people that are fairly happy tend to be a lot better than the ones that are whipped into action. Sure, it may take some more time, but who really cares? 

@Ozymandias quote:

@Sarge4206th quote:

*SNIP*

You need to chill out. Slave driving everyone in the team is a sure fire way to burn them out, and eventually just destroy the team and community around it.

Did you ever stop to think that there is more to the world than working your ass off all the time? 

Besides quoting people speaking about vacation publicly and using it as "evidence" of being lazy is just silly. Perhaps they rather not speak about the job that much publicly? Ever stop to think about that? I mean, I don't go on on social media about my job at all, but I do speak there about my off time stuff.

And a 60 hours week is nothing to brag about, it is just plain silly and a sure fire way to burn out in the long run.

Besides, in my experience a game made by people that are fairly happy tend to be a lot better than the ones that are whipped into action. Sure, it may take some more time, but who really cares?

10 to 12 hours a day is hardly slave driving, doctors, nurses, soldiers, factory workers, gas station attendants, call center employee's, are examples of people who use 10 to 12 hour shifts as part of a normal work process. AND these examples represent a good range of education.

Of course i know there is more in the world than working all the time.  I also know something that a Millennial has yet to discover.  The harder you work and the more efficiently you perform your job the more money, time and relaxation you can have on your time off.

"And a 60 hours week is nothing to brag about, it is just plain silly and a sure fire way to burn out in the long run."

Donald Trump works a standard 60 hour work week lol.  If you love what you do and have not ruined your life with a lack of education or being lazy you can get a job that makes you happy and where working 60 plus hours a week is not a chore.

"Besides, in my experience a game made by people that are fairly happy tend to be a lot better than the ones that are whipped into action. Sure, it may take some more time, but who really cares? "

You and everyone else on this planet only get a certain period of time to be here. 

The Betsy pet is one of the few pets in the game that will visually evolve. What you see isn't even its final form! We're working on pet rerolls right now. Once that goes in, you'll be able to reroll the stats if you don't like what you get.

@Sarge4206th quote:

Long post. Cut for quote length

As many veteran forum posters know, we're very open to constructive criticism. It's this criticism that helped cultivate many changes in DD2, including our decision to move away from the vision of our old leadership of turning Dungeon Defenders II into a MOBA. As gamers, we understand the constant eagerness for new content and new features. But criticizing our employees for not working 60-hour+ weeks, for taking the rare time off or for using their enthusiasm for gaming as a whole as an argument for their lack of passion/commitment for Dungeon Defenders II (which is categorically untrue) is absolutely unacceptable forum posting behavior. This forum is a safe place for both players and developers to discuss Dungeon Defenders II, and it's up to everyone in the community to ensure that everyone feels comfortable posting here. Posts of this nature from anyone will result in forum removal.

@iamisom quote:

We're working on pet rerolls right now. Once that goes in, you'll be able to reroll the stats if you don't like what you get.

Sweet!

• 2 months later...

I wish there was a DPS and the amount of projectiles displayed somewhere. I also feel there should be much heavier emphasis on pet progression. I love this game though, I am eager to see the future updates!

There was a thread with all the evolutions of Betsy pet here a few months back. And it looked pretty cool at the last evolution.

Maybe [[4370,users]] can find it :P 

Tried to search, but I guess betsy was not in the thread name.