Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

A look at split-screen and controller support

MMOHuts played the PS4 build at E3. Keep in mind that everything you see in this video is subject to change.

@betto9000 quote:

PC too, PC too, PC too?

PC, too. :) Once the PS4 version (handled by Human Head Studios) irons everything out, it's our plan to port over the functionality to the PC/Mac/Linux versions.

I bought and loved DD1 for its Co-op Localx4, its was sad that DDE dont have it niether split-screen  u.u.

Its really nice DD2 will have it! Keep doing our amazing job, will be able to trade soon?

Looks so good, can't wait to be able to solo co-op! o/ Forever Alone ftw! 

Anyway a few quesitons:

• How is loot handled? Is it still individual?
  • How does the deck work, do both players get only to chose from the same deck? Or each can have individual decks?

I would hope it deals with each session just as if it was a different account joining, so loot would be increased and separate.

As far as the deck I guess if you started split at tavern you should have the option to select your "own" deck for player 2.

No 4 player split screen this time around eh? Bummer, the last one I rebought on ps3 just for couch co-op.

Stupidly I purchased DD2 in the steam sale purely for split screen multi-player. Sad that it's not there, but happy to hear it'll be coming soon (?). Thanks for making this a thing guys!

p.s. my girlfriend is sad (because of the lack of split-screen, not because she's my girlfriend).

Me and my friends have been waiting for any news about this, we exclusively play split screen, with controllers and whilst disappointing no 4 player, 2 is better than none! Great to get conformation on this and we can't wait!

You state that you're going to port over the functionality, however you're talking about porting over PS4 functionality over to PC, which uses Xbox controllers.  Will it even port over well?

Really hoping controller support comes very soon, as my fiance loves playing DD with a controller, but the keyboard drives her nuts and so far has only played twice alongside me.  Controller support for me means I can be more persuasive when asking her to come play DD2 with me :)

Keep up the great work Trendy!  I'm actually getting a bit used to this DD2 finally! (sooo much more enjoyable with 2 players!!!!)

@iamisom quote:

@betto9000 quote:

PC too, PC too, PC too?

PC, too. :) Once the PS4 version (handled by Human Head Studios) irons everything out, it's our plan to port over the functionality to the PC/Mac/Linux versions.

@iamisom quote:

@betto9000 quote:

PC too, PC too, PC too?

Oh yes, can't wait :)