Sign in to follow this  
Lootlovinggamer

Chance of getting 300+ upgrade trans sea horse?

Been running aquanos for awhile and have had no luck with one that high, closest was 280+ with terrible stats that rendered it unusable for me. Probably gotten somewhere between 400-500 from nightmare hardcore. Are these things like incredibly rare or just bad luck. Wanted to try and find a supreme. But quickly looking like a pipe dream with how much trouble it's taking to try and find a 20k+ sea horse. Had same issue with djinnlets being identical only one in the 280+ range with horrid hero stats.

Seahorses are not easy to find above the mythical cap on upgrades. It takes quite a while to find a good transcendent, and finding a seahorse supreme or above is phenomenally rare. Finding an Ultimate seahorse would likely make you extremely rich should you auction it.

EwkxPFo.jpg?1

the chances of getting a good seahorse are probably very low.  And anything above trans even more lower.  but they do spawn with over 300 ups.  I personally never farmed a seahorse above 22k.  Ive seen a couple of 23k ones.  The above is the best one i farmed overall.  And took THOUSANDS of runs to get it.  Hope this gives you a little hope grinding for your seahorse.  If you need a decent one, i have a spare one w decent hero stats(missing health) and 300ish ups.  

Well at least aquanos runs are super quick so I'll continue to run it whenever in the mood. But that's a little disheartening bad flash backs of running tinkerer's lab a ridiculous amount of times and not once finding a blaster around 400 upgrades out of a couple hundred or so ultimates and +'s drops. I'm probably better off running tinkerer's for another 24k+ base chicken since I occasionally find those. Do have 2 decent i'd guess seahorses. Both hitting a bit above 17k can't choose between which since one doesn't have second hero ability but  around 400 hero attack other has the ability close to 300 but over 200 less hero attack.

If you can't get an ultimate seahorse (read: you probably won't) you're better off running Tinkerer's Survival for Mega chickens instead.

Mainly bored with what to do on the game and trying to get pets I've never used, also hate tinkerer cause it runs at 5 or less fps on survival and the campaign the last couple waves.. I actually just managed to get a 300 upgrade sea horse not the most amazing hero stats negative hero 1 which isn't as bad as 2. Barely over 21k when fully upgraded. 65800_2015-06-21_00001.png~original

@Lootlovinggamer quote:

Mainly bored with what to do on the game and trying to get pets I've never used, also hate tinkerer cause it runs at 5 or less fps on survival and the campaign the last couple waves.. I actually just managed to get a 300 upgrade sea horse not the most amazing hero stats negative hero 1 which isn't as bad as 2. Barely over 21k when fully upgraded. 65800_2015-06-21_00001.png~original

run insane hc for blasters, and shrink auras alot.  helps with lag issues.  i believe nova has an interesting build with traps and wall(may be wrong, but heard its very interesting)  this may help with lag issues.  There are alot of "lag helping" builds, maybe they could help make it bearable for you.  wish i had the links/builds for you.

yeah insane has been kinder for blasters for me get far more ultimates on insane than nightmare and less negative stats except for a nasty habit of every ultimate + blaster i get has a 1 clip on it, though get far less mana on the downside. mainly run nightmare in hopes of an ultimate tinkerer's perfection as well as rare high end pets. pc isn't the best so shrinking aura's only saves me a 2-5 fps at best when things get hectic.

did u try out the public beta.  the lag has become less of an issue, so hopefully when this hits you can farm this map like any other.

No haven't tried the beta yet, mainly been doing random farm runs. But less lag is good since it hurts my upgrading tower speed the most. Normally safe once I manage to get through wave 28 without something going down. Though I do wonder how high chickens base damage can spawn. See 22-24k ones nearly every run on average, though almost always have trash hero stats as well. I do wonder if the speed you complete campaign maps in increase chances to get good gear. used to never get ult blasters on insane when i first started and barely able to beat it back then. now blaze through it in typically 22-25 minutes total and see one nearly every run.

I also belive in the speed theory, at least for me fast solid run equals better loot.

if that was the case the speed runners would be pulling nice items all the time.  Its luck, plain and simple.  

@aave quote:

I also belive in the speed theory, at least for me fast solid run equals better loot.

I do these runs in 45 minutes because I'm a lazy builder. I always get 2 24k base chickens with 6 toons in. 

If speed running meant better drops I think I'd have quited a long time ago ;) 

Blame (or worship) RNG for this :D

Seahorses lol sry I am at work and my mind will not work properly. Erase the chickens. Keep the rest of my post above :p

i feel bad for you nonbelievers :P rng is rigged. I know its bs but i like to believe in it since it works sometimes and motivates me to farm faster:)

It's definitely rng, cruel rng that likes to troll constantly, like getting two ultimate+ armor pieces within 10 lab runs, one straight up unuseable the other inferior to my supreme armor. I'm still mad about when i did the old one practice on open before i went to ranked had an ultimate++ spear drop <.<''' I never touched that mod again lol. I tend to over build on a lot of maps which causes me a few minutes, except aquanos takes like 9-10 minutes to do a run for horses.

Monkey's are probably the next thing i'll farm.. edit: gas trap clogging makes it so much easier to do 23.

@Caimen0 quote:

Seahorses are not easy to find above the mythical cap on upgrades. It takes quite a while to find a good transcendent, and finding a seahorse supreme or above is phenomenally rare. Finding an Ultimate seahorse would likely make you extremely rich should you auction it.

wow wish I had known this before. I've had three of them that I've given out.

@jpksports quote:

@Caimen0 quote:

wow wish I had known this before. I've had three of them that I've given out.

Yeah they're definitely rare above the myth cap for trans. Got close to a thousand horses off that map seen maybe a couple dozen at the most, being generous with number above the cap. And most of those were in the 250's-260's range. Seen less than a hand full past that.