how to use Lightning Strikes Aura

So.. i heard all those good stories about LSA, so i decided to buy one myself.

Before i got LSA, i could easily solo the second map (forest crossroads i thought)

I thought it would be even easier, because i now had the OP LSA everyone was talking about.

I actually had a lot of trouble completing the second wave. I could not even complete the third one! how is this possible? My build remained the same.

I experienced i had trouble on all the maps i tried to play. I could also complete wyvern den, but with LSA i couldn't beat wave 2. What am I doing wrong? This is the build i used on every lane on forest crossroads (i also added 4 AA monk towers near my crystal)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/32997039185774889/6606980C4C583AB102D7CA5816544B81AD283F76/ 

I hope you guys can see the image

I heard people say i need more defence speed. All my monk armour got 70 defence speed (all gotten from wyvern den hard incursion), my 3 small spheres are defence speed and i am still on 988 defence speed. is this not enough?)

Thanks in advance

Yes, you would need more speed to use them that way (4 LSAs per lane). I have seen builds like that that do work but they have more speed. Remember, the LSA will only hit one enemy at a time.

What you need to do is equip and unequip the uber during the build so you can use both types of auras. I recommend using 2 normal lightning auras and 2 geysers for the mobs at the front edge of your boost aura and one or 2 LSAs at the back of the boost to catch anything that gets through.

I use one of each aura per lane but I have legacy gear so I imagine I'll have to go to 2 of each after my gear is rerolled or wiped. Especially when they remove the defense speed stat.

EDIT: BTW, that map is Liferoot.

LSA is very powerful when used correctly.  It is single target, high damage.  If a group of mobs walk through it, it will kill a few of them but the rest will walk through untouched.

It is best used to kill ogres, Betsy and anything that gets through your regular lightning auras.  When used on Betsy, 3 upgraded LSA with a boost aura can kill her in less than a minute.

When used to take out an ogre a single LSA with a serenity aura and a tank squire can hold the ogre in place and kill it without breaking a sweat.

It can be used in a cleanup role too.  Place it behind your regular lightning auras/geyser traps.  Anything that makes it past will get finished off by the lightning auras.

I just want to add for those that don't know.  You can switch between Lightning Aura and Lightning Strikes during the build phase without your placed auras changing.  Allowing the mix that SactoDoug was talking about.

If you wanted to stick to using only LSA you can also try adding frost towers to keep enemies inside the radius longer, or geysers to halt them a few times. Mostly you don't want to use them to kill normal trash enemies. Perfect for boss killing as others mentioned.

Why is there a thread about how to use lightning overpowered auras?

It's pretty straight forward, you use them at the back of your defenses where they're most effective.