Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

In case you're not sure on what to vote for.

I don't have points left but this should be a must since DD1/2 is an extremely repetitive game when we talk about maps

Man this is insanely good, thanks the gif files it's beautiful

I have no idea why you didn't settle with just one gif or send a link to a video clip. >_< *computer catches fire*

Anywho, as I've said before, just spread your votes out over anything good looking too low. All we gotta do is make sure the things we don't really need/want in atm should be the bottom 5% while anything that should be IN needs around well.. 1500+ votes now. Preferably 2k. So anything at 3k, 3.5k, or even 4k doesn't need much voting to be slated for development.

You'll get more for your voting power if you pick the things that are being voted extra high.

Suggestions for influence (currently) would be:

Different Species Heroes: So it's at least on the table for after hero deck and ui cleanup. I feel that we're in a good place enough now with current heroes that we can add in more to liven up gameplay and combos, and we can balance them alongside the rest. They're currently in the mind set that new heroes might never even need to happen, 4 is enough. If you want summoners and such back, this is a good choice for you.

Weather and Material : Makes the game prettier, interesting, and sets up the possibility of new environmental bonuses and traits for maps. For example, a rainy day making fireballs weaker but boosting lightning. Vote for this if you want more immersive gameplay and a chance for something to make each build a little more than *spam one type of combo repeatedly if it isn't onslaught*.

Both are on the cusp, I feel, and would add a much needed kind of variety to the game. Can you even imagine the tower types a giant dragon or serpent or heck, even a little pixie fairy could bring in game? The combos? XD. Add in weather and we got ourselves a lot more depth and strategy. Especially when paired with the wider hero deck selection we've selected for ourselves.

I can't say enough good things about the weather and materials. It adds some aesthetic spice to each map, allowing maps we've played hundreds of times to have a different feel about them. Imagine if the enemies also changed on each map depending on the weather? Or the weather actually added a buff or debuff to enemies? For example, on a snow map enemies might take more damage from fire but aren't slowed from the frostbite tower, or in general have slowed movement, etc. These buffs and debuffs could also work on players and towers. In turn you might end up with several different builds on each map. I personally love this sort of addition in a game, it really adds to the world and to the play of the game. 

Of course this is only wishful thinking, though with that said, I'm just fine with it only being weather that looks great. 

The other ideas on the influence page are great, some are even a must. But this, to me, is arguably one of the best options on there. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes. Simple details like this can really shape the game into something far more interesting to play. So go vote for it, if you do I will be your friend; forever. Thanks. 

@cometmarcher2468 quote:

i have no idea why people are voting for the UI or the market hub. they don't do enough to warrant the points. now the team and super abilites, the weather, and the kobold special enemy (which i think they could repurpose the KOBOLD KING into) are worth voting for. 

I think the reasoning behind that is the description makes it basically an ogre that ignores people. A kobold king would be the boss of all kobolds, so it would need its own incursion area. Otherwise the wyvern special enemy would be betsy herself.

For the market hub there has been the general idea that a market hub = trading added. Because of the word market.

The thing with the ui is both because beginners have it a little hard, and organization atm is kinda argh. And that intro sequence which frankly looked amazing. I don't see why it needs SO many votes either though. XD

@Ninja_Kero quote:

For example, a rainy day making fireballs weaker but boosting lightning. 

I was going to suggest this. It would really add immersion to the game and make playing a lot more enjoyable. 

@ally quote:

@Ninja_Kero quote:

I was going to suggest this. It would really add immersion to the game and make playing a lot more enjoyable. 

Aye. So would having another hero or two on the roster that isn't a slightly different copy of all the others the way the first four are. I really do feel like using all humans has been restricting us creatively, both the players and the design team.

I'm actually more worried about the hero vote, the weather vote is actually way ahead of it atm and well into a safe zone for implementation.

I'd really appreciate if you guys voted a bit more on the hero's as well as the weather. They open up too many more fun options in terms of actual game play.

Cosmetics are pretty, but pretty maps get boring about 5 seconds after you look at them for the first time. What we need to be voting for, what they need to be devoting their development time to, is dynamic combat, balanced class skills, and interesting progression.

@Ninja_Kero quote:

@cometmarcher2468 quote:

i have no idea why people are voting for the UI or the market hub. they don't do enough to warrant the points. now the team and super abilites, the weather, and the kobold special enemy (which i think they could repurpose the KOBOLD KING into) are worth voting for. 

I think the reasoning behind that is the description makes it basically an ogre that ignores people. A kobold king would be the boss of all kobolds, so it would need its own incursion area. Otherwise the wyvern special enemy would be betsy herself.

For the market hub there has been the general idea that a market hub = trading added. Because of the word market.

The thing with the ui is both because beginners have it a little hard, and organization atm is kinda argh. And that intro sequence which frankly looked amazing. I don't see why it needs SO many votes either though. XD

I liked it because it reminds me of Kingdom hearts the way the hero health and mana are set up. As well as the little flinching chibi huntress head. :3

@Ninja_Kero quote:

@ally quote:

@Ninja_Kero quote:

Aye. So would having another hero or two on the roster that isn't a slightly different copy of all the others the way the first four are. I really do feel like using all humans has been restricting us creatively, both the players and the design team.

I'm actually more worried about the hero vote, the weather vote is actually way ahead of it atm and well into a safe zone for implementation.

I'd really appreciate if you guys voted a bit more on the hero's as well as the weather. They open up too many more fun options in terms of actual game play.

I put some IPs towards heroes. I think the reason people aren't voting for it is because Trendy confirmed that no new heroes are coming until after it leaves early access. The devs seemed to like the idea so they'll probably do it regardless. This influence vote most likely won't determine whether diverse heroes get in or not, but it probably WILL determine the quality

@Kiyomi quote:

@Ninja_Kero quote:

@ally quote:

@Ninja_Kero quote:

I put some IPs towards heroes. I think the reason people aren't voting for it is because Trendy confirmed that no new heroes are coming until after it leaves early access. The devs seemed to like the idea so they'll probably do it regardless. This influence vote most likely won't determine whether diverse heroes get in or not, but it probably WILL determine the quality

Aye, while I am unsure myself whether or not we can change their minds early on that, I do agree on the quality. We really don't want low quality new heroes. If anything the quality should be above the older ones, and then as we go along, the older ones get improved to match, and so forth. Not good to take a step downward on important new content, or treat it as too low priority. That's one of the ways you kill a game.

Heck, if they ran out a mostly working and beautiful animated hero/heroine in a month, without hero specific gear and just base hero stats that get better as they level for now, or just without a weapon, would still be better. They really have needed a fifth hero to round out some of the combination issues we've been having. Squire has like... nobody to synergize with. A knight and a dragon or other monster, I can easily see them having an odd synergy.

If I think about it, supahs look appealing simply because tower combos and strats are still so lackluster with what we have currently.

As an example of simple ways a new hero could address some issues, you could have a 'good' wyvern that blesses the ground, acting like a boost flag in one spot it marked. Then you don't actually 'need' a monk boost flag for everywhere, while still being a different or dps type of hero. Which would also fill out other combo gaps. Because let's be honest, it's hard to combo a spike wall or earth damage without something entirely new and separate from our human builders.

Side note, I think if we wanted truly dynamic weather, sometimes it rains skulls or fire for no reason. Erm. Maybe because they're catapulting the stuff at us. Maybe because the landscapes that epic. :D Also confetti. But if he wanted hype, SKULLS AND FIRE