Sign in to follow this  
SactoDoug

Lock Boxes Should Give Different Items Each Time

I spent a few of my tokens to open a few lock boxes to see what I could get.  I quickly found that it is possible to get a repeat item.  The repeat item cannot be traded to another player and sells for gold which is very easy to get.  In effect, my real money bought me next to nothing.

This is a terrible idea!  I am spending real world money for virtual items.  At the very least, I should get SOMETHING for it.

I am no longer going to bother with lock boxes.  I would rather just buy the accessories that I want rather than chance getting nothing for it.

Suggestion

When opening a lock box, the player should be guaranteed that they will receive an item that they do not already own.  If they already own all of the accessories, then the box should not open and the player told they already own everything.

Thats not how F2P works they would generate money and once the big % of players aquired all the items they would generate next to nothing(except for bag buys but people wont buy them forever too).

I am no fan of this system but they need to keep an long-term income going.

And nothing stops you from farming wyvern tokens and using those keys.

I agree that lockboxes should never repeat items, this is wro9ng deign.

If by any chance a player runs out of possible costumes to unlock, lockboxes shoudl stop spawning.

@Warmonger quote:

If by any chance a player runs out of possible costumes to unlock, lockboxes shoudl stop spawning.

i agree

@Warmonger quote:

That would be a badly designed system when compared to normal MMO standards

The current system is fine, it just needs a little tweaking (lockboxes should be cheaper, getting tokens should be easier and there should be different rewards) which will all happen throughout time. Let the game build itself, it's pre-alpha.