Sign in to follow this  
Zencamper0

Get Rid of the trolls. Add an easy player reporting system, and also add small rewards for not being reported.

So I just entered match making, found no other players at the time went in to the throne room to set up defenses and wait for players. After setting up  3/4 of my defenses a mage joins, this mage decides we don't need anyone els so he hits ready button starting countdown to start of game, forcing me to hurry in place the last of the defenses and prepare to lose. This player did not even cover more than one lane. mind you this map starts 6 lanes and is capable of going to 8. Not only does this mage only just cover one lane but when he sees that he messed up and can't fix his own stupid he leaves the match making me 1 person in an active 6 lane map. This player wasn't even decent enough to ride out the loss that he caused. I would like to prevent more stories like this by Putting in a system that rewards players for not getting reported by a small amount and making it easy to report players that will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Why reward players for something that should be normal?

Thats just how you force players to do the bare minimum of getting those rewards trolls also usualy don't care about rewards.

Another problem is if you make them too bad no one will care but if you make them too good it will be destructive for the gameplay too

I would love a cs:go'ish like penalty system.

If you don't do damage/up/rep fpr more then 2 waves in a round you should get a punishment.

Same for too many reports in a short time.

30/120/... min group play bann.

Of course that system is exploitable for 3 player teams that spam report everyone they see.

But you could put a cooldown on the report feature.

Come on, this type of player is very rare.

Restriction and other blabla-ban-"restriction" things is not interesting.

Just add a black-list, if a player want join a session, he cant join a session with a blacklisted player.

Like :

I'm the "B" Player, i want join a session. I'm ban in the "A" list, so, i cant join him. (and he cant join me)

Problem Solved.

I just got kicked from a match for building geysers to save time for the team. Unfortunately toxic players and trolls will always exist, just ignore them and don't let it get to you. I do think there should be a block list and a report system though. 

@Yi-shai quote:

Why reward players for something that should be normal?

Thats just how you force players to do the bare minimum of getting those rewards trolls also usualy don't care about rewards.

Another problem is if you make them too bad no one will care but if you make them too good it will be destructive for the gameplay too

I would love a cs:go'ish like penalty system.

If you don't do damage/up/rep fpr more then 2 waves in a round you should get a punishment.

Same for too many reports in a short time.

30/120/... min group play bann.

Of course that system is exploitable for 3 player teams that spam report everyone they see.

But you could put a cooldown on the report feature.

Why reward players for something that should be normal? It works with dogs and kids. Pretty much anything that you want to obey you you can win over with rewards in one hand, and punishment in the other hand. It's the same concept as giving little Jimmy 50$ every month he gets A's in school. If a person see's no reward for their work then they will stop working.

@Zencamper0 quote:

Why reward players for something that should be normal? It works with dogs and kids. Pretty much anything that you want to obey you you can win over with rewards in one hand, and punishment in the other hand. It's the same concept as giving little Jimmy 50$ every month he gets A's in school. If a person see's no reward for their work then they will stop working.

Thats not how you get trolls to stop being trolls.

They're trolls they only care about frustration and anger in others that is their reward.

being nice and non destructiv is no work,

You wouldn't give an child 20$ for every day it didn't insult you would you?

@Kadiak quote:

Come on, this type of player is very rare.

Restriction and other blabla-ban-"restriction" things is not interesting.

Just add a black-list, if a player want join a session, he cant join a session with a blacklisted player.

Like :

I'm the "B" Player, i want join a session. I'm ban in the "A" list, so, i cant join him. (and he cant join me)

Problem Solved.

This would nice easy fix.

I was in a game vs Betsy on Incursion where we had to kick the same mage 4-5 times because he kept refusing to listen to what we were telling him. He kept coming back so we just abandon the game and had to make it private and go with just 2 people. This of course hurt our loot chances. This whole Matchmaking system where anyone comes and goes won't work in the long term.

@Yi-shai quote:

@Zencamper0 quote:

Thats not how you get trolls to stop being trolls.

They're trolls they only care about frustration and anger in others that is their reward.

being nice and non destructiv is no work,

You wouldn't give an child 20$ for every day it didn't insult you would you?

You're arguing ethics over effectiveness. If I did pay said child 20$ a day to not insult me, where I grew up, you can bet that child would keep his mouth shut and enjoy his or her 20$ a day. But i'm not talking about actually paying players. Talking about raising shop gold prices 10% and adding a system that you can earn up to 10% more gold by being a nice person.