Sign in to follow this  
Mr Waffles

Influence Week

OMG put it all in the game!!! Add everything!!  I was surprised with how much they got done in just a week!

[Edit] Now that we can vote, what do you guys think about the choices?  The voting thing said "When Influence Week ends, we will figure out a path to execute on your favorite ideas." so maybe they'll do more than one.    My top 3 are Hub. UI and weather system. 

I think this influence week thing is plain garbage. The game itself isn't fully functioning with few bugs, and the basic outline and development of the game is still ambiguous. I wonder why Trendy even bother releasing onslaught before the item reroll. Why in the world would a developer release an end game farming map before a item reroll is beyond me. Does that bother anyone that a future release is going to destroy all your progress in onslaught? I know other Online Games has power creep, which somehow is another form of destroying progress, but you will still be able to do current content. With items reroll, are we still going to be able to do any incursion map? Or do we have to go back to free play and start our grinding all over?  Don't give me the "ITS ONLY ALPHA!!!!111!", the game has no direction as future end game and developer is still very shaky on their own opinion. Developer also doesn't understand why DD1 is so successful, and therefore removing all the in game progression, incentives, and features. I am getting more disappointed to Trendy on every "Update" and "hotfix".

Do we know that they'll save the wipe/reroll until the patch after onslaught?  I was under the impression that the next patch would include onslaught and get our gear wiped or rerolled (depending on what they've decided).  I was sure I read we're getting our gear wiped or rerolled the next big patch...

It seems like they've been doing a lot behind the scenes btw, unless the last devstream was just photoshopped UIs instead of pics taken from the game. 

And of course, it's no secret that the game has no direction atm.  A lot of what they're working at, by their own admission, is theorycrafting an effective stance on progression, tower interaction, and most of all (?) fun

@Pachipachio quote:

Do we know that they'll save the wipe/reroll until the patch after onslaught?  I was under the impression that the next patch would include onslaught and get our gear wiped or rerolled (depending on what they've decided).  I was sure I read we're getting our gear wiped or rerolled the next big patch...

It seems like they've been doing a lot behind the scenes btw, unless the last devstream was just photoshopped UIs instead of pics taken from the game. 

And of course, it's no secret that the game has no direction atm.  A lot of what they're working at, by their own admission, is theorycrafting an effective stance on progression, tower interaction, and most of all (?) fun

I beleive he was talking about their planned "End of Alpha" wipe. Not the wipe that comes with the removal of Defense Speed.

It was kinda a big rant though. Could mean anything

@mktsang quote:

Does that bother anyone that a future release is going to destroy all your progress in onslaught? 

If you don't want your progress erased don't buy early access games.   I mean we are basically play testing the game while they are developing it.  

And they have still not stated whether or not they are actually wiping at the end of alpha as far as i know. They have stated repeatedly that unless we seriously want them to wipe all our items, or they have no other choice, they are going to try to avoid wiping items. So unless i missed a post or dev stream where they said yes we are so totally wiping all your stuff, they have not made that final in anyway.

Yeah i agree with OP I would love to have all of them in game, however i understand each was worked individually and you probably couldn't easily just add all of them in a quality trendy wants to add it. So, probably, due to them being unable to decide what to focus on first, they decided to ask what the community wants to see first in-game which is why the influence vote will be here i guess.

i touch myself seeing the DD2 Planner. the web page we all knew and loved for DD1 was amazingly helpful for planning and sharing strategies. Seeing an official one makes me wetter than the weather system.

Being a solo player mostly, i couldn't care less for a DD2 planner. I'm going all in for the marketplace hub.

Knowing how terrible people are I wouldn't be surprised if the emote crap won. Rather than seeing important features like the hero deck going through I simply ain't getting my hopes up. I bet some people will actually vote crap stuff rather than things we actually need in game to make it better. This whole influence thing and selecting only 1 idea is so dumb to me really. There is just so many that would improve the quality of life of this game but just sounds like they don't want to do all these things and get lazy on one idea only. I agree with the poster above that said its dumb to see an end game map potentially being released before an item reroll. 

I don't know I am starting to care less and the direction they want to take is just confusing me. Depending on this vote and how it turns out will determine whether I even bother playing during alpha... I rather just wait till a full official release. 

@Woqini quote:

The "I for inventory" how many seconds doest that function take to program ?

The fact this is even something that needs to be voted into a game is just plain sad.

Some of the ideas were good, the ones that improved on the core of the game such as the AI and special monsters and super power etc.  Other stuff like mini games shouldn't even thought of at this stage of development, they haven't even got the core of the game figured out so why waste time on side projects.

orc.png <<< angry face!

Only thing worth voting for is the hero deck system, whats a market place without sales i dont want to jump into an empty au server walking around in a large market place changing songs on a juke box throwing darts well the weather changes.

Pvp was something I used to be excited for but meh tornados and huntress's will rule it, could be interesting for 5 rounds.

The map planner was ment to be part of the roadmap, why must we vote for this? i'd add more but when i go back to see what else is on the list I get Uh Oh this post has been removed.

Whens next patch?

@Nialad quote:

Knowing how terrible people are I wouldn't be surprised if the emote crap won. Rather than seeing important features like the hero deck going through I simply ain't getting my hopes up. I bet some people will actually vote crap stuff rather than things we actually need in game to make it better. This whole influence thing and selecting only 1 idea is so dumb to me really. There is just so many that would improve the quality of life of this game but just sounds like they don't want to do all these things and get lazy on one idea only. I agree with the poster above that said its dumb to see an end game map potentially being released before an item reroll. 

I don't know I am starting to care less and the direction they want to take is just confusing me. Depending on this vote and how it turns out will determine whether I even bother playing during alpha... I rather just wait till a full official release. 

We're looking at all of the votes collectively. We're not going to choose only one idea, but the realities of game development stop us from being able to put everything into the game. Your votes help us to understand which elements of the game you'd like us to improve upon.

It's also important to understand that these projects are the result of a Dungeon Defenders II game jam where we worked on projects/ideas that we're passionate about. There are lots of Quality of Life and core changes to the game that we're working on in our regular development schedule, so if there's something that you're passionate about us changing that isn't on the Influence Week page, don't worry. My inbox is always open if you want to chat about something you feel needs to be changed in the game.

Hmm ...   like the little box at the top of the influence page says "Your votes will guide us to determine which ideas make it into the game!" and it sounds kinda like if UI improvements doesn't get voted high enough it won't be in the game.  UI improvements is on the Dev Roadmap so I would think they are planning on doing it eventually.  

I don't mind that they took a week to have fun and come up with new ideas.  Although you guys have a point It seems like they should have just excluded some ideas if they were too basic.   

[Edit]  I guess they are working on core game stuff at the same time as everything else.  I have faith in team Trendy.  They have enough employees that I'm sure someone will still be fixing bugs and implementing usability features even if they decided to do a big project like PVP.

Most of the ideas are just plain stupid and lame, weather? mini game? seriously? If the Dev haven't figure out the core game yet, why bother with insignificant side project. 

I honestly like most of the ideas they pitched and while there are some ideas that "need" to be implemented there are others that I see as could make it into the game after the official release. Basically they need to focus on the stuff that effects core gameplay and stuff like the jukebox or the mingames could come much later down the road.

@mktsang quote:

Most of the ideas are just plain stupid and lame, weather? mini game? seriously? If the Dev haven't figure out the core game yet, why bother with insignificant side project. 

Try and read Isoms reply one more time.

@Mr Waffles quote:

OMG put it all in the game!!! Add everything!!  I was surprised with how much they got done in just a week!

[Edit] Now that we can vote, what do you guys think about the choices?  The voting thing said "When Influence Week ends, we will figure out a path to execute on your favorite ideas." so maybe they'll do more than one.    My top 3 are Hub. UI and weather system. 

@Woqini quote:

@mktsang quote:

Try and read Isoms reply one more time.

Two things: They look at everything with a high vote count, so if you see anything cool below 1k votes, vote it the frick up because you think it's cool. That's why I voted for non human heroes. Betsy looks like barbarian as a dragon. Come on. Plus it opens up the path to some very different kinds of dps and towers. And summoners obv. I'm worried that the 500+ it's at will still be too low.

Weather sounds cool to me mostly because I was thinking they'd add environmental traits to go with said weather. Same as with areas possibly getting them. I.E. Sewer areas affecting geysers in some ways, windy areas air units and possibly aa towers, rainy weather doing stuff to lsa. That kinda thing.

In conclusion, vote for non human heroes imo. It's one of the few left worthy of an upvote that could use some love.

@Kiyomi quote:

I like the weather changes personally. The current maps are getting SO incredibly stale. :/

Yeah if we go that route, they should add traits to them so that you don't mindlessly plop down fireball tower spam on every level. Is that rain? Oh dear. Time for some lsa. Muhahahaha. Ew fog, now all my projectile towers have shorter range/miss targets, but this positive thing happens. Etc.

Side note, vote for more unique heroes down the line everyone :D One of the things at bottom of influence page.

First of all i want to say: I really like the idea of the Influence Week and I take my hat to the persons who thought of this and allowed it to happen. Developers can throw their idea on the wall and the players decide what sticks, you could say, Early Access games are made for things like this.

2nd: To the players who are not satisfied with this week: You bought an EARLY ACCESS GAME, that means, you play the game while it is in development and help to shape it into the final product. That is not an excuse for not doing their work like some developers do, but what I see, I dont think we can accuse Trendy of not working on the product with their whole heart. Influence Week is the best example for their dedication to this game. So play the game, improve it in the forums with your feedback and constructive criticism or buy it to support the developer and only play it when its finished. But dont buy it and then complain about not having a complete game to play. Furthermore: Wipes are pretty standard in loot based games in Alpha or Beta status.

Now to the actual projects: For me they are all good to great ideas. The "problem" is: some ideas are whole new concepts, which enthuse players more then small things like the Jukebox or the Inventory Button. The Influence points are to "precious" to "waste" them on this small products for some (since I want everything I voted the smaller projects)

The projects I want to see most made into the game are the Comboabilities (best combined with the SUPAAH meter) since it will most likely strengthen the Team Play and as a bonus it helps Builder Heroes, because they could use their Charge for stronger Tower attacks, so they have a useful part in Combat Mode too.

Deck Improvements...why isn't there an option to vote for the opposite of what they propose? I want smaller decks so we don't have one person doing everything. 2-slot hero decks, with one slot getting a bonus to building, the other slot getting a bonus to hero damage.

Supah Meter. Would be a good idea, except that they can't even balance the abilities we have now. After multiple balance passes, half of the existing abilities are still 100% useless, so why do you want to add more?

Tag Team Abilities. The jumping off eachother's heads thing is pretty stupid. I do like the idea of players working together to empower their abilities, but again balance becomes an issue, and one that Trendy has not inspired confidence in their ability to handle effectively. So yeah, first balance the basic skills and the uber towers, then maybe combine the supah meter and tag team abilities into one thing.

Minigames. How did this make it past 1000 influence? Gods I hate people sometimes...if you're actually considering voting for this, go play games for windows or some crap instead.

Arena. I was initially vehemently against this until I watched the video and saw it would be more like a moba with players spawning orcs to attack the enemy base, and building defenses to stop enemy orcs. I actually think this could be a lot of fun. My biggest concern is dividing the already limited playerbase...without a lot of people queuing up, this mode is likely to go completely unused.

Marketplace Hub. The current tavern is nice. I really don't see any need for this. But it seems to be mostly built already, so whatever.

DD2 planner. I'd use it.

More Special Enemies. Good idea, though once again, the existing enemies need to be balanced so they are challenging yet fun before Trendy bothers adding more enemies.

Different Species Heroes. What? I don't even...just how the hell...what?!