Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 1 Beta Bug List

@ddace quote:

Actually they drop with ALL 10 stats.  You just cant see Tower Damage or Tower Range.  Spawning with all 10 stats is problably the reason you see ults so much.

Would it be a bug then? Otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of "sides" on an item, since you're guaranteed to always have them.

I feel like this thread is really off topic, this whole discussion about the ToT could honestly use it's own thread. There have been a small handful of posts actually commenting about actual bugs that are currently in the beta. I haven't played the beta yet due to my limitations of only having access to my Macbook, however, I have been reading player feedback on the beta to this point. If moonbase is pretty much as it was in open then there are many changes to it I think need to happen.

Lets try and be constructive and not butt heads, this isn't the place for that. Hopefully I can play soon so I can contribute to result of the update and not linger on the sidelines...

For the bug about F1 not showing chat history, you can get it by pressing the "tild" button the button on the left of the No. 1 key

Haven't touched the beta yet because I've received a huge ***storm talking about needed and unneeded DDE changes in the past but if the rewards from Moonbase are similar to the ones from Open then they have to be NERFED. Moonbase is a really easy map which doesn't even have a boss. The rewards should be equally to Kings Game rewards.

Although we should talk about new bugs I want to talk about a 'comeback' of the old Hero Info button at the Pause Menu. It would be much better to remove the hotkeys I and F (default settings) than the Hero Info button at the Pause Menu. That's all from me.

Eagle, lets keep what we all said about DDE out of this and try to put that behind us for a while, we have a game to save from potential ruin at the hands of very uncommunicative people, to say the least.

I am talking as much about this team from and about which we've seen and heard nothing since the accouncement and that TE'er, Dani, who pretty much wanted to blackhole (submission form) all the moonbase stuff into a googledoc, where the rest of us cant see it.

Unsurprisingly, that has left the moonbase thread dead since friday. However if they truly wanted feedback on the moonbase rewards, it would be 9000x faster to just rig up a dummy in there that give those on each hit, so we dont have to waste so much time getting a reasonable sample size, thus getting a feel for how good it gets and how rare the good are, in order to provide good feedback... instead of hundreds of submissions based on 1-2 runs and getting luck/badRNG providing wildly skewed reports.

There were the patchnotes for the first beta 'betaclient_pc', but nothing before or after. That is the entirety of what has leaked to us. Nova has tried to organize some flow the other way with the 'to do' list, but not getting any reponse on that either.

It seems as sealed as that whole 'defense council' fangroup they set up for D2. They might not like hearing this, but after DD2 and DDE, the trust has been broken thoroughly in letting closed groups (and otaku echochambers) have the whole and uncontested say in things.

I dont expect that you, TE, take everything we say as law, but we want to be able to call out stuff that needs to be stopped or changed, loudly and clearly, since the silent treatment has not worked well and is not like to do so. But we can't do that the way things stand and i geniunely fear that we are going to see a rerun of how the desire for feedback to the DD2 blogs was handled and that the updates will suffer accordingly.

If that dark suspicion is right, i'd rather you remove moonbase from the community beta and release what remains of it (as soon as the servants quarter foulup has been fixed). And drop the rest of this patching project entirely.

@Tydo quote:
-snip-

Dani is not trying to make it so that nobody knew what the drops were, It was just plainly obvious that people were unaware of the form through which to give them data. If you want to see some of the rewards yourself, and I assume from what I read that you haven't tested it much yet, given your lack of opinion on the actual rewards, look at my post last page on my farming results. I publicly linked 46 different items that I have gotten thus far after also submitting them through Trendy's form.

Also, isn't it a bit strange that most of Trendy's "echoing chamber" seem to think that the current item rewards NEED nerfs? That doesn't sound like an echo chamber, that sounds like feedback to me.  I can go through probably a double digit list of people I know who want nerfs on these things, because let's be honest, they're too strong.

@Tydo quote:

Eagle, lets keep what we all said about DDE out of this and try to put that behind us for a while, we have a game to save from potential ruin at the hands of very uncommunicative people, to say the least.

I am talking as much about this team from and about which we've seen and heard nothing since the accouncement and that TE'er, Dani, who pretty much wanted to blackhole (submission form) all the moonbase stuff into a googledoc, where the rest of us cant see it.

Unsurprisingly, that has left the moonbase thread dead since friday. However if they truly wanted feedback on the moonbase rewards, it would be 9000x faster to just rig up a dummy in there that give those on each hit, so we dont have to waste so much time getting a reasonable sample size, thus getting a feel for how good it gets and how rare the good are, in order to provide good feedback... instead of hundreds of submissions based on 1-2 runs and getting luck/badRNG providing wildly skewed reports.

There were the patchnotes for the first beta 'betaclient_pc', but nothing before or after. That is the entirety of what has leaked to us. Nova has tried to organize some flow the other way with the 'to do' list, but not getting any reponse on that either.

It seems as sealed as that whole 'defense council' fangroup they set up for D2. They might not like hearing this, but after DD2 and DDE, the trust has been broken thoroughly in letting closed groups (and otaku echochambers) have the whole and uncontested say in things.

I dont expect that you, TE, take everything we say as law, but we want to be able to call out stuff that needs to be stopped or changed, loudly and clearly, since the silent treatment has not worked well and is not like to do so. But we can't do that the way things stand and i geniunely fear that we are going to see a rerun of how the desire for feedback to the DD2 blogs was handled and that the updates will suffer accordingly.

If that dark suspicion is right, i'd rather you remove moonbase from the community beta and release what remains of it (as soon as the servants quarter foulup has been fixed). And drop the rest of this patching project entirely.

The test dummy idea is good but it is not a production level environment.  Small changes can make a big difference so testing as is would be preferable.  

I have tried to keep track of the issues that have been reported.  If you see something missing please let me know.  Trendy should be looking into them and fixing what they can for the first Update.  Whatever remains I think will likely fall to the CDT team for later updates once they get engaged.

The "To Do" list that the community is compiling on Nova's thread will be addressed by the CDT when the time comes as well.  Of course some are simple to address but others will need to be discussed by the community first before some/many of those changes are made.

I understand the desire for information but, of course, this is still not their #1 priority.  Some of us have waited over a year for this as it is so probably a few more days wont hurt.  They are doing us a huge favor after all.  

@ddace quote:

They are doing us a huge favor after all.  

Derped my quote button but just to reiterate this point, this is a free patch being given to the community

Adding these 2 bugs that I've submitted to Trendy (in addition to 10 stat bug).

"Invest All" not subtracting mana from bank when you don't have enough to upgrade.

Dynast will allow me to upgrade Tower Health from 420=>421 even though it is mythical and should cap @ 360.

@gunnerq69 quote:

Adding these 2 bugs that I've submitted to Trendy (in addition to 10 stat bug).

"Invest All" not subtracting mana from bank when you don't have enough to upgrade.

Dynast will allow me to upgrade Tower Health from 420=>421 even though it is mythical and should cap @ 360.

Thanks gunner.  I will add them to the list as well.

Alright, I'll be posting my thoughts/feedback on the most recent beta branch release in this post... since nobody else seems to do so.

First I'd like to go through some of the Bug fixes notes that have been published recently.

• Removed DungeonDefenderStore buttons

Nope - it's still there, just hidden behind Unlock All/Lock All buttons.

Lbor4I6.jpg

Moonbase rewards - it's tiresome to mention it again, they're still way too OP. I'll try to stay away from this aspect (for now) and mention some other things. Weapons tend to have no cap for tiers - meaning you can upgrade above standard caps. Also they still seem to roll with the same stats - all hero stats + tower hp&rate.
7dw1cXA.jpg
9pTjQrZ.jpg

... and I can confirm that
  • Moonbase items no longer reroll stats when dropped on the floor

is now fixed.

Now I have to mention the thorn in the eye.. not sure if something has been done (it still seems the same to me), but getting generic diamonds like this every game or every second game for this kind of "challenge" (which I'd compare as being very close to Tavern Defense campaign) is just no fun. I'm sure I mentioned my thoughts about this pet earlier in this thread, so I'm not gonna repeat myself, maybe that I still stand by my opinion.

4zIsKmG.jpg
Some may ask how long it takes to acquire this über strong and incredibly OP beast? You'd think some serious effort..... but nay - roughly 13-14 minutes of relaxed gameplay (including 3 alts for last wave). And with the odds 1/3 of being a diamond-like-treadmill, you're almost guaranteed getting one EVERY.SINGLE.GAME. Tell me more about not nerfing this, pretty please.
MT9Qu9d.jpg
....or below 12 minutes IF really try-hard-ing.
X06tFtz.jpg

Moonbase as a map is still under Challenges, even though it fits into Campaign menu. Unless there no Survival option planned, which would seem acceptable to keep it where it is.

•  Fixed an issue where F1 wasn’t bringing up the Chat History
  •  Fixed issue where players weren’t able to build towers on Servants Quarters

Can confirm both are fixed.

Not sure if someone shared this, but this is how the "new" bosses look on GTH.

# RIPGTH

vEIN6ry.jpg
Also the mob counter for bosses is complete broke.
Xj8bsuf.jpg

ddace quote:

As for the moonbase item stats, it is likely they are still spawning with all 10 stats still.  You just cant see tower damage and tower range.

Interesting... and they indeed do.
q9l0Wuf.jpg

And just a quick glance of the rewards, which, if some certain people still don't believe, really DO need to be NERFED. (note: necessary to mention that these Moonbase rewards were obtained in the very first few test runs I've done, just to see how easy it is compared to the rest of hard-won, and most of them already beaten the gear that took over 2k hours to get; and of course there were better ones later on, which made me sad even more)
* cries
TAjmvzT.jpg
lwMonoa.jpg
..and for all you ranged-monk nerds, here's one result compared with ranged dmg same as assumed "good" ranged sparus (that I have none to compare with)
viVFZ0c.jpg

FYmH6kv.jpg
The only weapon that would be more or less acceptable is Dynast (sword).
WpAwcSL.jpg

Think it would be also handy to write down the upgrade increasement numbers for each weapon to have a current overview:

Fusion rift:
  • ≥ Ult - base dmg +384.(x?); elemental dmg +312.(x?)
  • ≤ Sup - base dmg +307.(x?); elemental dmg +312.(x?)

Hyper rifle:

• ≥ Ult - base dmg +336.(x?); elemental dmg +300
  • ≤ Sup - base dmg +288.(x?); elemental dmg +300

Quietus

• ≥ Ult - base dmg +458.(x?); elemental dmg +300; ranged dmg +80
  • ≤ Sup - base dmg +392.(x?); elemental dmg +300; ranged dmg +80

Dynast

• ≥ Ult - base dmg + 339.(x?); elemental dmg +300
  • ≤ Sup - base dmg +291.(x?); elemental dmg +300

Also I seem to be getting a suspicious amount of ultimate, or higher, rewards. So far it's around 50% of all rewards that rolled for me as ultimate. Not sure if that's just RNG or intended.

So far my drop/reward rates are:

• Mythical - 15
  • Transcendent - 5
  • Supreme - 2
  • Ultimate - 14
  • Ultimate+ - 2
  • Ultimate++ - 2
    ----------------------
  • Total - 40

And I just went through my ToTs:

• Total - 32
  • Diamond-like-ToT - 11
  • Still usable tower ToT - 6
  • DPS ToT - 8
  • the rest are mix of both

And another bug, which I already mentioned in previous report, is that you tend to ascend on "ground" while going through wormhole.

KPuA9sJ.jpg
Another strange bug. If you don't have enough mana in your bank to upgrade your gear, you can keep spamming Invest All button, and it puts the amount of mana you have in your bank, but does not reduce it at all, so you can do this infinitely.
10T2MDK.png

Thanks Nova for the update.  I had previously seen that the item reroll was fixed as well as F1 chat history.  Also noticed the DD store button was still there sadly.  I hadn't been able to check GTH though.  That is sad to see only 2 turkeys.

As for the moonbase item stats, it is likely they are still spawning with all 10 stats still.  You just cant see tower damage and tower range.  This is why it seems they spawn with just hero stats, thealth and trate every time.

Something I would like to know is what everyone's success rate on getting ToT is. I got them 2/7 runs that I did, without hitting g on any of the runs to give myself more time, which made each map roughly 40 minutes.

7*40  = 280 minutes or roughly 5 hours for 8 treadmills

Mana bank number formatting. While it is nice to have 2 Trillion limit now, the numbers are displayed in a weird manner it seems. Not a game breaker for sure.

Note about this: the presentation of these numbers is due to the method by which the 2.1 billion number limit is circumvented. When the mana exceeds a certain value,  the number is stored in another variable. E.g. : you have one variable for ones/tens/hundreds/thousands. Then there's a variable for millions, a variable for billions, trillions, etc. (Similar to way the summer steam game did it). This allows you to track larger numbers in the same environment, at the cost of additional CPU cycles. In the UI, only the highest tier is shown (e.g. if you have 5,123,456,789 mana, it would show as 5.123 billion or similar), with the thought that, if you have billions and trillions of mana, the one/ten/hundreds digits aren't important.

Another unrelated reason for this, is large numbers break the UI. It looks bad when numbers extend way outside of the space reserved for them. At least the numbers take up less space this way.

@czThePROcz quote:

Also I seem to be getting a suspicious amount of ultimate, or higher, rewards. So far it's around 50% of all rewards that rolled for me as ultimate. Not sure if that's just RNG or intended.

So far my drop/reward rates are:

• Mythical - 15
  • Transcendent - 5
  • Supreme - 2
  • Ultimate - 14
  • Ultimate+ - 2
  • Ultimate++ - 2
    ----------------------
  • Total - 40

And I just went through my ToTs:

• Total - 32
  • Diamond-like-ToT - 11
  • Still usable tower ToT - 6
  • DPS ToT - 8
  • the rest are mix of both

Another strange bug. If you don't have enough mana in your bank to upgrade your gear, you can keep spamming Invest All button, and it puts the amount of mana you have in your bank, but does not reduce it at all, so you can do this infinitely.
10T2MDK.png

They items are likely to be ult most of the time because they have 2 extra stats adding to their quality.  Once that is fixed, you would likely see more of a spread on quality.

And yes the Invest All bug is known.  It is not infinite though.  It will reduce your mana once you hit the full amount needed for the next upgrade but it will only subtract the mana necessary to reach that last bit and not your full amount invested.  So you do indeed get some free mana through upgrades with this bug.

@Crazy_Peza quote:

I've done everything it says to download the beta but its not working any way to download it manually?

If you own the game it should show it as an option in steam under betas.  Right click on DD in your steam library and select Properties.  Then Community Beta Branch should be listed in the drop down.

e46b9af8ab.png

after a file validation i have Beta working, however it's not what i expected. it still seems to be connected to the main audience?

anyway, so my question is what do you need me to do as a beta? is there a guide or a thread with info

@Layarion quote:

after a file validation i have Beta working, however it's not what i expected. it still seems to be connected to the main audience?

anyway, so my question is what do you need me to do as a beta? is there a guide or a thread with info

Currently beta is pretty much the same as the new patch.  So there isnt really anything to test currently.  We will be making a new beta soon for testing though.