[Strawpoll] REROLL, WIPE, or NONE?

I'd do a combination of both or just reroll.

Wipe items if necessary (reroll otherwise) but leave gold/tokens/skill spheres alone also leave pets alone if possible.

leave character levels alone and idc, I just don't wanna level all my chars again

None shouldn't even really be an option. Defense speed, a stat on most builder's gear, will be taken off of the list of rollable stats on gear. Creating Legacy items has already been a problem and thankfully Trendy does not appear to think highly of it either. The Legacy items will get removed and that will at least constitute being labeled as a reroll or wipe.

It is my opinion that the best way to handle it would be as follows:

Characters should not be wiped. The changes that have been presented do not appear to have any impact that should require characters to be wiped. The sudden loss of all the levels, Betsy tokens, and skill spheres would really turn those who have put the time into the game, especially when they really don't seem like they need to be wiped.

Items should not be wiped. They should be re-rolled completely randomly, keeping only the item type and the same item level. Even people who have been hoarding legendaries will be as much influenced by RNG as those who have only gotten a small number of legendaries. Those who have abused overpowered legacy items may have a step above those who never had access to them, but as someone who farms Betsy Incursion Hard with little effort and none of any such overpowered legacy items, I don't think that it is so very difficult as it is implied.

I think that there is little reason to completely nullify the progression of all those who have been playing for a while, when it is apparently possible to simply reroll the items. Those who have benefited from exploiting overpowered legacy items will of course have more legendaries after the reroll, allowing them a better chance at getting more good legendaries once the new stats are implemented, but that will influence the rest of the community in no way at all.

There is no trading for them to acquire an unfair advantage in currency, there is no PvP in which they will be able to trounce other players. The only way they will be better is that when you team up with them, they may be stronger than you. In a PvE game, this is really not a problem, unless you are easily butt hurt.

That's why I voted for Reroll.

Surprisingly few people choosing neither. I guess people generally aren't satisfied with the current state of itemization.

If you wipe how could you reroll at the same time? or is it like a IDC thing?

@Gutu quote:

As some players mention above, legacy items get wiped. Other items get rerolled.

@demonickilr quote:

@Gutu quote:

As some players mention above, legacy items get wiped. Other items get rerolled.

Why make a difference an item is an item, dossent mather what stats are on it.

If they are opting to change the rarity of gear, then I vote for a wipe. If they're not going to change the rarity of gear, reroll is more than ample enough to address the issues at hand.

Thanks for creating a poll about this, [[80541,users]]! It's great to see some numbers on how the community feels about this. 

@Woqini quote:

Don't touch hero levels, gold and tokens.

Do whatever with the rest.

With power level in private games i don't even care for levels naymore.

Keep gold and tokens and we're good 

@Gutu quote:

@Woqini quote:

Don't touch hero levels, gold and tokens.

Do whatever with the rest.

With power level in private games i don't even care for levels naymore.

Keep gold and tokens and we're good 

I think it would still be nice to maintain toon level and not have a character wipe.  If they are all wiped you wont have a character to power level with ;)!  It still would take a week of good grinding to get 4 - 0 level toons to 25.  That's a lot of time I'd rather be farming gear and coin.

As the devs have said re-roll or wipe will have to happen with the planned change in gear stat and secondary structure.  I think it's a cool concept and can't wait to see how it affects how we gear and spec our characters. 

A re-roll on all gear would make the most sense to me, but at this point I'm hooked on the game, so I'll roll with whatever punch lands. :D

Keep up the good work trendy.  For a game in Alpha it's pretty amazing!

@pressdelight quote:

I think it would still be nice to maintain toon level and not have a character wipe.  If they are all wiped you wont have a character to power level with ;)!  It still would take a week of good grinding to get 4 - 0 level toons to 25.  That's a lot of time I'd rather be farming gear and coin.

As the devs have said re-roll or wipe will have to happen with the planned change in gear stat and secondary structure.  I think it's a cool concept and can't wait to see how it affects how we gear and spec our characters. 

A re-roll on all gear would make the most sense to me, but at this point I'm hooked on the game, so I'll roll with whatever punch lands. :D

Keep up the good work trendy.  For a game in Alpha it's pretty amazing!

If items get wiped all we will see is crying people because their 25 characters are too weak to play content gearless, going to early levels will downlevel you and make you weaker so farming won't be so easy. 

You only need to get one to 25 with descent gear to then carry the others.

the level wipe would make everyone go through campaign. Is campaign annoying? why? That's precious feedback that the developers should hear to make the campaign enjoyable.

Also i like your enthusiasm! Go [[4174,hashtags]]

Just increase the level cap.  That is essentially a wipe, without actually wiping anything.  Should appease everyone.

@Omamba quote:

Just increase the level cap.  That is essentially a wipe, without actually wiping anything.  Should appease everyone.

^ This!  Too many people not mentioning this.  Level cap of 50 would be so much better as it stands.

@Kambien quote:

@Omamba quote:

^ This!  Too many people not mentioning this.  Level cap of 50 would be so much better as it stands.

I don't know if that would accomplish anything from a balancing perspective.  They are completely overhauling the gear stat system so things need to be redone (Either wipe or re-roll).  Also, increasing level cap will only make the current levels even more monotonous to grind because they simply get too easy.  If we were going to be getting a bunch of new levels with a much harder difficulty level then a cap increase would make sense, but I don't think onslaught is going to be so hard that you need a lvl 50 character to beat it.

The truth is, this game is about gear and not as heavily focused on hero level as the level doesn't affect a characters power as much as the gear.

True.  But the thought is the balance it brings.  It also immediately invalidates our current gear without having to do wipes or rerolls. :-)  As people level they will do nothing else but upgrade to better gear, which would be the new gear stats they are working on.

Not going to vote, but a wipe should be treated very carefully as players should be rewarded for the time already invested into the game during the pre final version.