Sign in to follow this  
curtisgk

Fixing Incorrect Player Data

Hello fellow Defenders!

Since the beta has gone live, quite a few people have realized that it uses our open data to play on. Some of us don't have up to date data or may want to borrow gear from others, and you'll realize that the data isn't updated. I have found a simple fix that involves copying and later pasting the open data into binaries to overwrite the beta data with your most recent export.

I recommend using Acen's Sandbox guide tutorial here as it makes switching between beta and ranked much easier

Disclaimer: this involves changing open player data and you may experience issues. back up all player data. the only two files you should change are dundefheroes.dun and Dundefheroes.dun.beta. At this point, i have transferred data successfully with no issues. i am not responsible for character data issues.

You can find these files in this directory (assuming you use default install location).

197149d5bd.png

Here is the step by step tutorial assuming you have installed beta on a Sandbox

1. In the original steam version of the game where you should not have beta installed, open the game and sign into ranked
  2. Export your ranked data to open
  3. Make any alterations to the data you want such as getting event items from other players or better gear
  4. Close the game and open the file directory above
  5. Make a back up of all DunDefHeroes files in an easily accesible file (if you have never installed the DDDK, you most likely won't have the .dev files which is okay)
  6. Copy and paste the original (non-sandboxxed files from the /program filesx86/steam/Steamapps/common/Dungeon Defenders/Binaries/Win32 directory) DunDefHeroes.dun into another folder and rename to DunDefHeroes.dun.beta
  7. In the sandbox folder, copy and paste the new DunDefHeroes.dun.beta you copied and pasted over the one in the sandbox folder.
  8. Open the game and you should have your new data

For those that do not have a Sandbox folder set up but have already installed beta:

1. Back up all your hero files and opt out of beta to redownload the original copy with your ranked heroes
  2. Open the original game and sign into ranked
  3. Export your ranked data to open
  4. Make any alterations to the data you want such as getting event items from other players or better gear
  5. Close the game and open the file directory above
  6. Make a back up of all DunDefHeroes files in an easily accesible file (if you have never installed the DDDK, you most likely won't have the .dev files which is okay)
  7. Copy and past DunDefHeroes.dun into another folder and rename to DunDefHeroes.dun.beta
  8. I suggest at this point to make a folder for sandbox for convenience. If you do, follow the above steps and install beta into the sandbox folder, back up the files that appear after downloading beta, copy over DunDefHeroes.dun.beta with the new file
  9. If you don't make a folder for sandbox, redownload the beta and copy over DunDefHeroes.dun.beta with the new file

If I need to clarify anything, feel free to ask me for help. 

Best of luck, have fun, and thank you Trendy for updating this amazing game

Best,

Curtisgk

Thanks for the guide Curtis, really helped me when I was updating my open characters to beta, will spread the word of this guide 

Thanks.