Sign in to follow this  
demonickilr

HERO LINE WARS

I heard it's gonna be influence week and devs are going to try out w/e they want.

I have an idea of putting the ol Hero Line Wars from Warcraft 3 and implementing it into DD2. 

So basically, teams of 4 go up against each other. 

Each team has an area they have to defend(usually it's a line with monsters spawning on one end).

There's a 30 second (or more) timer for each wave of monsters that spawn from the end.

Each team spawns monsters by having players use their own mana to spawn a specific monster they want. The monsters each have their own price of mana.

For each monster a player sends they increase their income by a specific amount depending on the monster.

After 30 seconds the monsters the players pick will be sent to the other side and the monsters will move to the other end of the line. Also, the players will get mana equal to their income.

I'm too lazy to type up anymore but you get the gist. If people on the dev team have played Hero Line Wars before in WC3 then I'm sure they'll get it.

I like the base concept of adding in a gameplay mode inspired by the Hero Line Wars of past days. But there is a lot of work that this game mode would involve.

One of the big things about Hero Line Wars was that they needed 40+ tiers of enemies to send at the opponent, otherwise there becomes a point in which either side can just stabilize and never lose.

Currently there is not really any Hero progression during maps, so you'd have to include placing defenses, which wasn't part of the original Hero Line Wars.

Without going into too many more specifics, this idea would have to be tailored to the DD genre with a fairly lengthy proposal, with steps taken to forward the concept past where it was 10+ years ago when it first got onto WC3.

@Syclic quote:

I like the base concept of adding in a gameplay mode inspired by the Hero Line Wars of past days. But there is a lot of work that this game mode would involve.

One of the big things about Hero Line Wars was that they needed 40+ tiers of enemies to send at the opponent, otherwise there becomes a point in which either side can just stabilize and never lose.

Currently there is not really any Hero progression during maps, so you'd have to include placing defenses, which wasn't part of the original Hero Line Wars.

Without going into too many more specifics, this idea would have to be tailored to the DD genre with a fairly lengthy proposal, with steps taken to forward the concept past where it was 10+ years ago when it first got onto WC3.

Yeah your right, this is a pretty big idea to do. I think it would be a fantastic addon if this game becomes as big as League of Legends someday since this game is so unique and there's none other like it.