Sign in to follow this  
PTSFP Paul

Trendy tell us what you intend to do wipe or re-roll.

From the Dev blogs it appears that as a team you have at least determined what pathway you intend to take with the next patch.

It would be honorable for you to inform us of your intent so those of us who farm gear have a heads up.  I personally don't want to be farming for gear that will be wiped.  I think all of us will still return after a wipe but, would be a little pissed if you didn't at least give us a heads up to avoid wasted time.  I see no benefit to "testing" the current drop system as it is to be eliminated and potentially all drops wiped.

You have a valid point man. I would really appreciate it if Trendy gave us ample warning if a wipe or re-roll is going to happen. Don't just bait us along on a string please guys. Tell us as soon as you decide.

Dear Trendy, as a group of professionals devoting all of your time into DD2, whom I assume have strategically discussed when and why to disclose your course of action on the topic of the item revamp, I encourage you to tell us whenever you feel like it, even if that isn't in the immediate future.

They've said it, they will try to do a re-roll if possible, but it may happen not to be. 

Once they know, they'll tell us, it's still too early.

@johnny sins quote:

So a re roll is new gear, but characters staying?

Also, if they go for a wipe do we get the crystals back?

a reroll is that they reroll the stats on the items(to get rid of the most op gear), wipe is deleting allthe items.

@Tammy quote:

@johnny sins quote:

So a re roll is new gear, but characters staying?

Also, if they go for a wipe do we get the crystals back?

a reroll is that they reroll the stats on the items(to get rid of the most op gear), wipe is deleting allthe items.

So if they wipe they only wipe the items not the characters? Hence the crystals and costumes stay the same?

I haven't played at all (except daily quests) since I found out wipe was a possibility... So please Trendy, whether you've decided to roll gear, wipe gear, wipe everything, or you don't know - please give us an update on the current situation.

The honest answer is that we don't know yet. We're still trying to decide what we're going to do.

I would be fine with a wipe as well. I know a lot of people would be upset, but to me rerolling stats on my once great equipment is equally, if not more, upsetting.

I'm kinda surprised by the amount of resistance to a wipe.  The game is in early alpha and has been advertised as such.  It was made very clear that you should only be investing yourself in the game this early if you want to help influence the development of the game.  With that, there could very well be a point where a change is so drastic that a wipe is required.

If DD2 had already been released as F2P then I could see the problem of a wipe.  Even if the game were in a beta phase I could see arguments against wipes.  But the harsh reality is that core systems of the game are still in development.  This makes it so the community feedback can be considered and implemented even if the community is asking for a change of major game mechanics.  The downside of this is that some changes may require players to lose progress from their invested hours of playtime.  If you don't like that, then don't play early access games, or at least avoid anything in alpha stages.

@johnny sins quote:So if they wipe they only wipe the items not the characters? Hence the crystals and costumes stay the same?

Even if they wipe the characters (they haven't mentioned doing that), I can't see how they could delete the costumes and gems since actual money was involved for many of the players.

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I would be fine with a wipe as well. I know a lot of people would be upset, but to me rerolling stats on my once great equipment is equally, if not more, upsetting.

Pretty much this. A re-roll on gear would just peeve me off. Some people will get lucky with solid re-rolled stats, some people will get the garbage end of the stick. 

Wipe the gear, and call it a day.

At this point I don't see any reason to keep playing until after the wipe/re-roll. I love the game but anything I have now will change or be deleted. What am I testing? I personally don't know what is taking so long. It's also discouraging when playing with a legacy geared player who's stats are slightly higher than mine (1350 DS and 1250 DS) but their L.A.'s at star level do 157,000 DPS. I also can't complete Hard Incur Wyvern Den solo even though every other Incur. on hard is trivial. If the game is going towards being multiplayer to complete or to get the best gear that will be a sour point for me going forward. I mean come on Trendy we're still testing (pre-alpha supposedly). The numbers don't need to be perfect. Give us the new system so our time means something. You can always tweak the %'s behind the scenes later. Again I love the game and want to keep playing but I don't see any reason to do so (Wyvern Token dailies being the exception).

I'm fine with either but I have to disagree with @Ubara-tutu . Rerolling my gear would at least give me a chance to start farming on a higher map/difficulty level. I might not have rng on my side and provide good rerolls that would let me handle an incursion but I'm fairly sure my gear being rerolled would provide me with enough power to handle 20-25++

Cmon guys we need to keep the game clean, go [[4108,hashtags]]

download16.jpg

@iamisom quote:

The honest answer is that we don't know yet. We're still trying to decide what we're going to do.

Probably a good time to start solidifying that answer lots of people getting upset about the delay.

Wipe it. Don't relive the mistakes of Akatiti armor in DDE again.

If it's truly OP then it trivializes the game. Easy game = boring game. You got to have a little bit of a challenge otherwise why bother?

You guys forgot about that in DDE, don't do it DD2. Yes it sucks if you farmed the gear, but if said gear is too good then it's best to get rid of it for the longevity of the game.

You can always compensate people with something else.

I personally vote for a wipe, but how about everyone getting mailed two basic sets of lvl 25 green items, after said wipe, that all current players will receive and be identical so everyone is on the same basic footing (ignoring class balances). Have one set be basic defense stats and the other basic hero stats, so people can at the very least start at 25+ if they are already at lvl 25.

I wouldn't mind a complete gear wipe as long as I get to keep the pets I have hatched, since I believe the only changes coming to them will be active abilities.  I would be a little disappointed to see my Betsy weapons go, since legendaries rarely drop from her.  Either way though, I am fine with it.  It would be helpful to know beforehand.

I really like playing this game, but it's all about grinding for new gear.  A wipe would take us longer to grind up to great gear again, compared to a reroll, so I'm all for a wipe, I want a reason to keep playing :]