Oil Flask Targeting Freezes Controls

Tried to submit this in-game, but the report bug app on the tavern-keeper didn't open...

ISSUE:

If you activate Oil Flask and attempt to throw at a location/target that is out of range or untargetable, instead of canceling, the ability stays active and prevents you from firing your bow or doing other specials until you've successfully thrown it.  For builds that rely upon heal-on-hit to survive, it is often fatal to have an ability effectively jamming your input.  By the time you've realized what's happening it's likely too late.

DESIRED:

Upon trying to throw at an invalid target/location, it would be better if Oil Flask was simply canceled.

SUGGESTION:

I myself would prefer it if the oil flask was simply lobbed along the trajectory I'm looking in (i.e. like a grenade in most games) rather than requiring the extra key-press.  While the ability may seem intuitive when the map is clear and calm, when the screen is full of geysers and explosions, it's impossible to see the targeting arrow anyway, so I might as well just be able to chuck the thing blindly if I want.

I think a quickcasting is also a viable option. Quickcasting, as seen in mobas, means when holding the key, the display range is shown and on release of the key is essentially left clicking.

Having the Oil activate at the furthest point instead of cancel would remove the frustration of aiming too far multiple times.

Well like the defenses have this option:

UGubNod.png

I guess it wouldn't hurt to have one for abilities? Ability use Cancel on fail?

Also this may be intentional so it's probably not a bug, so this kinda belongs to the suggestion sub forum and not to the tech support as it's probably intended 

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Larathiel, this is a great bug report. However, Gutu is correct: this is a feature that is working as intended.

Our apologies for the in tavern bug report future not working. This is a link to the onling form. 

We appreciate your feedback! 

Gotta love that onling form butter :3 anyway it's awesome to see you working so fast butter thanks for all your work man