• Gear/inventory
  • Character levels

Things I would be rather distraught with being wiped:

• Cosmetic levels
  • Wyvern tokens
  • Purchased uber spheres
  • Challenge progress

Agreed! 

I'd also add pets to the things I don't mind being wiped.

I also would be okay with uber spheres being wiped if Wyvern tokens were refunded.

@gigazelle quote:

Things I don't mind being wiped:

• Gear/inventory
  • Character levels

Things I would be rather distraught with being wiped:

• Cosmetic levels
  • Wyvern tokens
  • Purchased uber spheres
  • Challenge progress

I agree.  I believe I posted a similar list earlier.  I would add pets to the list of things I don't want wiped.  It already took me forever to get a Flickerwick.  Also, move challenge progress to the things I wouldn't mind if it were wiped.

Id rather re-roll, at least that way I don't have to grind again for items.  

Maybe a user option to re-roll or wipe would suit people...

I dont have much time to play, and dont want to have to have the time ive already spent on gear thrown away :(

@Gibbz quote:

Id rather re-roll, at least that way I don't have to grind again for items.  

Maybe a user option to re-roll or wipe would suit people...

I dont have much time to play, and dont want to have to have the time ive already spent on gear thrown away :(

It's a early access, these things are sadly bond to happen and if it's for the sake of the game I don't mind. The reason behind early access is to allow the community to aid the developers to shape the game in the right direction. 

I know it sucks but maybe if these are your feelings maybe it's better if you don't invest as much on a game that's on early access, don't get me wrong, if you wanna keep your progress and have short time early access games might not be what you want to get on now.

+1 for team reroll.

I don't have legacy boost aura gear. I can't solo Betsy. I really don't want to lose all my items and in fact the idea of global item wipe has killed my motivation to play this game at all. Why play if you're just gonna lose everything you collected?

In the last dev stream they made it sound like global item wipe was likely in the next patch and that most the player base prefers wipe. So if this goes to influence vote, it will likely result in wipe rather than reroll. This was surprising to me as I would have assumed the opposite.

I'd rather keep my loot and have it all rerolled to different stats. Then I can sort through what is worth keeping and what is trash.

if you're interested in encouraging full disclosure please go and like/comment on my post regarding Trendy disclosing their intent with the item wiper or reroll..

Thanks Fozzle for bringing attention to this subject.

IMHO, it's too early to matter.  I could go either way.  I'm going to assume that as we get closer to launch the game is going to continue to progress significantly causing all the gear to have to be re-farmed anyway.

On second thought, an item re-roll would at least give us a head start instead of a wipe, no?

I dont want a item wipe :p I put 700 hours into farming haha each patch.

And actually initially they said there would be NO wipes Whatsoever, no matter what. 

It was then revised to there shouldn't be but it COULD happen. but I guess if i knew a wipe was possible i wouldnt have put in so much time. I think I'd just cut my playing time quite a bit or might take a break from it if theres a wipe.

Not a huge deal I know but yeah just feel an attachment to my stuff but ive already had it all wiped a few times but I will be grumpy pants / CAT for a few months!

I really don't want to lose all my items and in fact the idea of global item wipe has killed my motivation to play this game at all. Why play if you're just gonna lose everything you collected?

I understand this is Pre-Alpha and like I said am fine with wipes but an impending possibility of a wipe has changed my playing habit from farming for more 163s to only doing the daily and logging off.
(Still Team Re-Roll though)

I don't really understand the logic behind a wipe instead of a reroll. If you really want to start over, why not just sell your items? Go buy low level gear from the blacksmith and have at it. But some of us don't want to make that long hike again. We would like to be able to start on 25+ hard after a reroll and not struggle through 25 normal after a wipe. Why punish the players that want a reroll when the players that want a wipe can simply wipe their gear themselves

I don't understand the problems regarding wipes or rerolls. I started with DD2 after they changed the boost multipliers on several items and some other things. I had to play around 30 hours, most of the time alone, a few hours with friends, and I got most of the gear I currently use to solo nearly any map, except the Wyvern Den....

So a reroll? Wouldn't affect me that much.

A wipe? I did not spend that much time to get to 25+++ anyway.

Vote for: John Wayne.

I'm for rerolls. They will remove all legacy items anyway. No need to start from level 0 again, or with no gear. If you have some legendaries in stock before they reroll, at least you will probably be able to skip 0-25+ content.

Looking at the situation I think the best idea is to re-roll the items for a very simple reason. People who don't mind the wipes will probably be okay with re-rolls as well. Those who are against wipes are going to be disappointed if items are wiped.

I personally like the idea of rerolls, but my concern is that the system could be flawed and players may end up with some items that keep certain legacy stats. For this reason alone I don't really care which route they choose as long as they give ample notification of what will actually happen.

They just mentioned on the dev stream that they are aiming to reroll, if the engine allows it. IF it's literally not possible within the system to reroll items, they will wipe.

The answer could be pretty simple. Most concerns are about the late game content people had to grind a lot. I don't think gear would be a problem at all but betsy tokens, bred pets, gold farmed, characters leveled, accesoirs bought and spheres bought.

@BlaydeX15 quote:

They just mentioned on the dev stream that they are aiming to reroll, if the engine allows it. IF it's literally not possible within the system to reroll items, they will wipe.

If?

Who programmed the game, TrendE or some entity who is no longer present?

They have been discussing wipe or re-roll for several weeks now, perhaps they need to talk to their own programmers and get an answer instead of trolling the community.

@SGRock quote:

@BlaydeX15 quote:

If?

They have been discussing wipe or re-roll for several weeks now, perhaps they need to talk to their own programmers and get an answer instead of trolling the community.

you're talking conversions of already existing data, there's a whole S storm of things that can happen you need to plan for.

Time taken to complete, fail safes incase something happens mid run, what exactly are you going to change and how are you planning on doing it. Running them in-house is one thing doing it with live data is something very different and you only get 1 shot at it. There's no magical switch you can just flip.

@EviLGreeNPenguiN quote:

@SGRock quote:

@BlaydeX15 quote:

If?

you're talking conversions of already existing data, there's a whole S storm of things that can happen you need to plan for.

Time taken to complete, fail safes incase something happens mid run, what exactly are you going to change and how are you planning on doing it. Running them in-house is one thing doing it with live data is something very different and you only get 1 shot at it. There's no magical switch you can just flip.

Well that's not true. If it doesn't work even after testing it on a private realm, you can just restore a backup. They will obviously have taken the game offline before attempting anything.

@andyness quote:

@EviLGreeNPenguiN quote:

Well that's not true. If it doesn't work even after testing it on a private realm, you can just restore a backup. They will obviously have taken the game offline before attempting anything.

Just because things work smoothly in your testing environment doesn't mean it's 100% guaranteed that live doesn't have some type of oddity you never thought to check for. I've done quite a few updates and there's always that occasional 1 off. Older data that is corrupt but because it's no longer used you never noticed it. And going to back ups is your last resort, you don't want to do that unless absolutely needed and who knows how often they do back ups (assuming at all).

I would really like to know just one thing at the moment: is gold and wyvern tokens  included in a complete wipe ?

At the moment i see no reason to play, because i have no clue what goes and what stays.