Sign in to follow this  
MerksMariya

Are modded items a thing or is this somehow legit

@keona quote:

how many accounts do you have? well I guess you did have a slight token advantage so it is possible for you to have 2 ubers already.  whats exactly are your stats? I would personally like to try this for myself.

I have 1 account, I got the Lightning Strikes Aura Uber 2 days ago. My monk has relatively bad stats at 1210/1160/256 and it's extremely easy to do. I was lying to a slight degree, 1 boost aura on the malthius incursion hits 50% health sometimes

@Syclic quote:

@keona quote:

okay lets not talk about the spec. at T5 the difference between the two towers with 256 DH is between 2 and 3 attacks. Difference still being one is aoe and one is single target.

But that's exactly the point. Explosive Trap has just as small a charge count but doesn't gain absurd amounts of damage for it. Why should Lightning Strikes Aura?

lets say traps do 2k damage. Any mob within the radius of the trap will take the same amount of damage. So while it may be bad against a single mob it excels against groups.

edit: don't get me wrong LSA could be toned down in damage but it would need a buff for health. However, compared to traps the LSA should be better in everyway. Just not as good as it is now.

@keona quote:

lets say traps do 2k damage. Any mob within the radius of the trap will take the same amount of damage. So while it may be bad against a single mob it excels against groups.

the further from the trap's center, the less damage is dealt, as far as i know unless you're able to stack mobs they won't all take the damage from the trap.

thats a fairly weak lsa  with my stats of 1290 dp and 1300 ds   with 4 bits of la atack rate  ( yea i no its cheesy but till i find  dp ds stuff to replace the gear ima use it)  u can watch an oger  enter count to 3 and its gone

@Gutu quote:

@keona quote:

the further from the trap's center, the less damage is dealt, as far as i know unless you're able to stack mobs they won't all take the damage from the trap.

true the damage isn't the same but its still extra damage. This still doesn't change the damage potential against groups. My trap dps at T2 is 613 but managed to do over 3500 between 5 mobs on one explosion.

edit: I also want to mention that with the next patch this will make LSA even less useful given that the atk rate will get worst.

stats: 1498 dp, 732 ds, and 14.98 LA spd

T1 - atk rate 1.22  // dps 9232

T2- atk rate 1.18 //dps 19035

T3- atk rate 1.14 // dps 29464

T4- atk rate 1.11 // dps 40580

T5- atk rate 1.07 // dps 52455

Players will likely use spheres for defense spd and will have to make a choice between DP, DH, CC, and CD for gear. Every time they choose another stat over dp the LSA becomes less effective. The only way this wouldn't be true is if players can get high crit chance and crit damage. Even going this route an LSA would be wasted on trash mobs since it's a single target defense that scales bad with health in its current form.  

@Gutu quote:

That's absolutely not true, Traps do consistent damage to everything in the damage radius.

@Syclic quote:

@Gutu quote:

That's absolutely not true, Traps do consistent damage to everything in the damage radius.

well as the huntress expert i trust your word but i remember sometime ago seeing difference in the damage, but now that i think of it, it might of have been related to physical resistance. 

@Syclic quote:

@Gutu quote:

Hmm what about this picture? You can see small number difference based on teh distance

hKxLamO.png

I noticed the same thing as well when I was running my tests. One damage was always really high in comparison to the other numbers.

@Gutu quote:

@Syclic quote:

@Gutu quote:

Hmm what about this picture? You can see small number difference based on teh distance

hKxLamO.png

That picture proves nothing. It does show different numbers but there is no way to know if it's due to distance, resistances, sphere proc, weather, time of day, smell of early breakfast etc... :) if I had to guess though, it was the secondary explosion from the sphere

@ChilledFrench quote:

That picture proves nothing. It does show different numbers but there is no way to know if it's due to distance, resistances, sphere proc, weather, time of day, smell of early breakfast etc... :) if I had to guess though, it was the secondary explosion from the sphere

Not a single mob in that lane has more resistance than the other, that is a screenshot, so at that moment no many how many explosions it all hit at the same time, I just couldn't be bothered to make a video. Also the small number difference can actually tell you it's not a upgrade damage difference nor a sphere proc. The image does prove indeed that the damage changes with distance.

even if there was a second explosion that really doesn't disprove anything. I've run into similar results so it does seem like a fair assumption that as mobs are further away from the trap their damage does decrease.

@Gutu quote:

hKxLamO.png

No, you're right. I had misinterpreted things I thought I saw from looking for other things. Both the Explosive Trap and the Elemental chaos do reduced damage in their extremities, but the initial radius for enemies taking full damage is fairly large. They also appear to have an inherent crit chance as shown in your screenshot. Multiple times I observed them doing double the tooltip damage.

@MerksMariya quote:

I've noticed a few players having insane amounts of dmg on towers and aura's and it was funny to watch Betsy die almost instantly, I wanted to know if they're going to have the ranked/unranked mode like the first or just not allow modded items,  Lightning_Aura.png

DdEMfdm.png

Granted this *is* with legacy gear, but regardless, the thing's flat out OP.

Two electric auras, 2 geysers in every lane guarantees all non-ogre enemies don't make it to the crystal. Plop a LSA just behind your geysers when you see an ogre coming, and you have a guaranteed ticket to victory no matter the difficulty.

Monk stats:

1328 DP

704 DS

444 DH

42.77% increase lightning atk spd

Huntress stats:

1536 DP

829 DS

256 DH

no special stat that affects mines

no lg skill sphere

This test was done on normal incursion and I was not able to upgrade the boost on the LSA to T5 because I ran out of mana. The huntress does have higher stats but the gear is legit and the trap spd will only be slightly lower once DS is removed from gear. The monk on the other hand has some legacy gear in order to bring his LSA atk spd under 1 atk per second which will be impossible in the next patch without special stats.

edit: LSA is powerful but it's short comings make it more for leak control and killing bosses rather than the standard defenses currently available. I do want to note that it can be used as primary defense for the time being since you can subtitute DS for DH on gear and use spheres to make up the difference or vice versa. This will not likely be possible after the next patch.

edit 2: the other lanes were being covered by two T2 LSA with boost.

@WarNeck quote:

"Anti Air Towers" can reach that exact same damage, ive noticed in games.

Sky Guard Towers have a bugged tooltip that multiplies the "DPS" number by 4 for no reason. The top end of Sky Guard Tower bugged DPS numbers is still substantially less than Lightning Strikes aura's legitimate DPS numbers.

@Syclic quote:

@WarNeck quote:

Sky Guard Towers have a bugged tooltip that multiplies the "DPS" number by 4 for no reason. The top end of Sky Guard Tower bugged DPS numbers is still substantially less than Lightning Strikes aura's legitimate DPS numbers.

Not true at all. Last night a guy had 8 aniti air towers placed VS Betsy and he killed her insanely fast. And I mean she got to fly maybe 2-3 times then dead. And even though I cant remember it right now, but at the time I calculated that the AA towers damage where correct according to her life.

If there also is a tooltip bug, it didnt add to this guys towers. 

@WarNeck quote:

@Syclic quote:

@WarNeck quote:

Not true at all. Last night a guy had 8 aniti air towers placed VS Betsy and he killed her insanely fast. And I mean she got to fly maybe 2-3 times then dead. And even though I cant remember it right now, but at the time I calculated that the AA towers damage where correct according to her life.

The dps value is correct. What makes it a little confusing is that the anti-air can shoot like 3-4 projectiles which will hit a single target or multiple targets depending on the situation.

I'm pretty sure that skyguards only shoot 1 projectile when 1 airborne enemy is in range. Can anyone validate this?

k6z8EIU.png?1

@WarNeck quote:

So if you divide the attack damage by the attack rate you get 14984, which is 4.03 times less than the DPS shown at 60439. If I placed 8 of these and they were actually doing 60k DPS each Betsy would die before she took off once(would be the same as placing 4 LSAs at Betsy).

@keona quote:

The dps value is correct. What makes it a little confusing is that the anti-air can shoot like 3-4 projectiles which will hit a single target or multiple targets depending on the situation. 

It can only ever shoot a max of 3 enemies at a time and each enemy can only be hit by 1 "bolt" per volley, so 4 doesn't play any roll in determining the damage. This would also be the only defense in the game that took the maximum number of enemies into consideration when calculating tooltip dps

@gigazelle quote:

I'm pretty sure that skyguards only shoot 1 projectile when 1 airborne enemy is in range. Can anyone validate this?

Yea was taking note last night and if there's only 1 target available to them only 1 bolt comes out.

Could of swore they can each target up to 4 mobs per volley have to check into that, and see if I can try to get the damage done in a screeny.

@EviLGreeNPenguiN quote:

Yea was taking note last night and if there's only 1 target available to them only 1 bolt comes out.

Could of swore they can each target up to 4 mobs per volley have to check into that, and see if I can try to get the damage done in a screeny.

I believe they target 4 as well, which is kinda funny since skyguards only have 3 barrels.

So if you divide the attack damage by the attack rate you get 14984, which is 4.03 times less than the DPS shown at 60439

So then yea the skyguard DPS number is showing it's "potential" max dps. If it can get 4 separate targets then it'll do 60k dps. Else it'll only do 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 the DPS number depending how many targets it does have.

unrelated topic, never understood why they called it attack rate for a lightning aura, but recharge for a geyser. I'd think the recharge would be more suiting a name for the LA and vice versa the rate to geyser.