Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MerksMariya

Are modded items a thing or is this somehow legit

Recommended Posts

I've noticed a few players having insane amounts of dmg on towers and aura's and it was funny to watch Betsy die almost instantly, I wanted to know if they're going to have the ranked/unranked mode like the first or just not allow modded items,  Lightning_Aura.png


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that's just how ridiculous the lightning strikes aura is.

If you've even remotely looked at the forums in the last little bit, you should have seen complaints about the Aura in question. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. That will most certainly be changed in the future, I'd almost guarantee it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I jump from game to game so I don't really check the forums much unless there's something people can't help with in-game, But thanks for the reply ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tower has more dps than my entire map combined. GG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Gash quote:

what sorta stats do they have to have this?

Not as high as you'd think, i've seen way higher on the monk uber. It also depends on the boost and rank of the defense at this point, but if it was on betsy i imagine it being fully graded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stats on that LSA are 1008 DP, 1006 DS, ~14% LAR, 74% boost aura. The tooltip when looking at someone elses defense does not show stats gained from spheres so he likely has ~350 more combined DP/DS in reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Gash quote:

what sorta stats do they have to have this?

Well on current gear you can get well over 100k dps for sure, on legacy gear I've seen over 200k dps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Syclic quote:

The stats on that LSA are 1008 DP, 1006 DS, ~14% LAR, 74% boost aura. The tooltip when looking at someone elses defense does not show stats gained from spheres so he likely has ~350 more combined DP/DS in reality.

You forget the most important stat -3% life lost per enemy killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah they really need to fix the old Boost Gear, i bet all of the damage is coming from his boost, my urber hits nowhere near that hard because i dont have the old boost gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Death Pope quote:

yeah they really need to fix the old Boost Gear, i bet all of the damage is coming from his boost, my urber hits nowhere near that hard because i dont have the old boost gear

Not at all, the 74% T5 boost aura is obtainable with no legacy gear.

All of the stats suggest that the person that built that LSA has no legacy gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@PTSFP Paul quote:

You forget the most important stat -3% life lost per enemy killed.

So explosive traps need to do 5-6 times the damage of lightning auras since they have the same decay of life as LSAs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Syclic quote:


@PTSFP Paul quote:

You forget the most important stat -3% life lost per enemy killed.

So explosive traps need to do 5-6 times the damage of lightning auras since they have the same decay of life as LSAs?

don't forget that the trigger and aoe are smaller so make it 10x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Syclic quote:


@PTSFP Paul quote:

You forget the most important stat -3% life lost per enemy killed.

So explosive traps need to do 5-6 times the damage of lightning auras since they have the same decay of life as LSAs?

how is health scaling with traps the same as LSA? With 256 DH my traps can detonate 48 times each time doing aoe damage. With the same amount of DH my LSA can hit a single target 35 times before its over.  


edit: also with crit damage and crit chance coming in the next patch it makes traps that much more effective unless crits only can happen to single targets and not all targets caught in the aoe. Also a trap cost 20 mana and has a Lg skill sphere that gives it a 25% chance to do explode again for 75% damage and not consume a charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@keona quote:

how is health scaling with traps the same as LSA? With 256 DH my traps can detonate 48 times each time doing aoe damage. With the same amount of DH my LSA can hit a single target 35 times before its over.  

Explosive traps have 35-43% faster attack rate than LSAs, so given a constant stream of mobs(i know it doesn't happen like that) an explosive trap will run out roughly at the slightly faster than an LSA with the same stats and without legacy LAR items.

If you take into consideration the charge gained when upgrading the LSA pulls even further ahead. LSA doubles it's charge to 200% of it's starting value at T5, while Explosive trap only gains 40% more charges.


@keona quote:

edit: also with crit damage and crit chance coming in the next patch it makes traps that much more effective unless crits only can happen to single targets and not all targets caught in the aoe. Also a trap cost 20 mana and has a Lg skill sphere that gives it a 25% chance to do explode again for 75% damage and not consume a charge.

Crit damage only disfavors LSA because it already 1 shots every enemy it comes up against, so it doesn't ever need to do more damage.


@Gutu quote:

don't forget that the trigger and aoe are smaller so make it 10x

Can I just have a 1 charge trap that 1 shots anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Syclic quote:


@keona quote:

how is health scaling with traps the same as LSA? With 256 DH my traps can detonate 48 times each time doing aoe damage. With the same amount of DH my LSA can hit a single target 35 times before its over.  

Explosive traps have 35-43% faster attack rate than LSAs, so given a constant stream of mobs(i know it doesn't happen like that) an explosive trap will run out roughly at the slightly faster than an LSA with the same stats and without legacy LAR items.

If you take into consideration the charge gained when upgrading the LSA pulls even further ahead. LSA doubles it's charge to 200% of it's starting value at T5, while Explosive trap only gains 40% more charges.

at T5 the mine has 68 charges with 256 DH. This means the LSA will damage roughly 2-3 more mobs than the traps. Now if you take the large skill sphere into consideration. The traps will explode more times at any tier than the LSA will damage a mob.

@Syclic quote:


@keona quote:

edit: also with crit damage and crit chance coming in the next patch it makes traps that much more effective unless crits only can happen to single targets and not all targets caught in the aoe. Also a trap cost 20 mana and has a Lg skill sphere that gives it a 25% chance to do explode again for 75% damage and not consume a charge.

Crit damage only disfavors LSA because it already 1 shots every enemy it comes up against, so it doesn't ever need to do more damage.


the problem is it needs to hit the enemy first. Do you actually have this uber? For it to be effective a players will need to invest in DH which will effect their normal LAs. Also, because it is single target the chances for leaks are extremely high and the aura itself requires a lot of maintenance. I own the skill and don't bother with it for the most part because I can get the same results with LA. The difference being that my LA require less maintenance, allowing me to relax if I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@keona quote:

it also cost only 20 mana and has a chance to explode a second time without using up a charge. 

Missing spec is just a missing spec, you can't bring that up as a counter argument for a tower to be special, if not let's not have specs at all and just make all towers stronger by nature. Not to mention it doesn't do full damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@keona quote:

the problem is it needs to hit the enemy first. Do you actually have this uber? For it to be effective a players will need to invest in DH which will effect their normal LAs. Also, because it is single target the chances for leaks are extremely high and the aura itself requires a lot of maintenance. I own the skill and don't bother with it for the most part because I can get the same results with LA. The difference being that my LA require less maintenance, allowing me to relax if I want. 

I have the Uber and using it makes the game depressingly simple. Drop 1-2 LA, boost and LSA in a lane and it's done(Sky Guards on maps that the auras can't reach). That's all on 1 character without using any legacy gear. I have done every incursion on hard with this and none of the defenses drop below ~70% of their charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Gutu quote:


@keona quote:

it also cost only 20 mana and has a chance to explode a second time without using up a charge. 

Missing spec is just a missing spec, you can't bring that up as a counter argument for a tower to be special, if not let's not have specs at all and just make all towers stronger by nature. Not to mention it doesn't do full damage.

okay lets not talk about the spec. at T5 the difference between the two towers with 256 DH is between 2 and 3 attacks. Difference still being one is aoe and one is single target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Syclic quote:


@keona quote:

the problem is it needs to hit the enemy first. Do you actually have this uber? For it to be effective a players will need to invest in DH which will effect their normal LAs. Also, because it is single target the chances for leaks are extremely high and the aura itself requires a lot of maintenance. I own the skill and don't bother with it for the most part because I can get the same results with LA. The difference being that my LA require less maintenance, allowing me to relax if I want. 

I have the Uber and using it makes the game depressingly simple. Drop 1-2 LA, boost and LSA in a lane and it's done(Sky Guards on maps that the auras can't reach). That's all on 1 character without using any legacy gear. I have done every incursion on hard with this and none of the defenses drop below ~70% of their charge.

how many accounts do you have? well I guess you did have a slight token advantage so it is possible for you to have 2 ubers already.  whats exactly are your stats? I would personally like to try this for myself. Also, how good is your gear? Is it end game gear that would require a lot of time in order for a player to aquire to do something similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@keona quote:


@Syclic quote:


@keona quote:

the problem is it needs to hit the enemy first. Do you actually have this uber? For it to be effective a players will need to invest in DH which will effect their normal LAs. Also, because it is single target the chances for leaks are extremely high and the aura itself requires a lot of maintenance. I own the skill and don't bother with it for the most part because I can get the same results with LA. The difference being that my LA require less maintenance, allowing me to relax if I want. 

I have the Uber and using it makes the game depressingly simple. Drop 1-2 LA, boost and LSA in a lane and it's done(Sky Guards on maps that the auras can't reach). That's all on 1 character without using any legacy gear. I have done every incursion on hard with this and none of the defenses drop below ~70% of their charge.

how many accounts do you have?

i know at least 3 people that could or already have 2 ubers :p doesn't matter how many accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@keona quote:

okay lets not talk about the spec. at T5 the difference between the two towers with 256 DH is between 2 and 3 attacks. Difference still being one is aoe and one is single target.

But that's exactly the point. Explosive Trap has just as small a charge count but doesn't gain absurd amounts of damage for it. Why should Lightning Strikes Aura?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[43252,users]] yeah I edited my post because of the players that got a slight advantage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...