Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 22

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream this Friday at 5PM EDT.

Please only post two questions per person. We will select 5-10 questions to answer on the Devstream.

With the defense upgrade be balanced?
Currently some defense gain 50% based dps per upgrade, and then there are others that get 100% base dps per upgrade.

I am all out of questions. They did an amazing job covering my forum and twitch questions past DevStream.

1.Will we be able to mix parts from our skins? (Example Dragonfall Monk Head , Ninja Monk Body) That way customization goes to a whole new level and gives purpose to farming those multiple tier parts if you have a skin.

2.Other than community workshop maps implimented into the core game in the very far future. Could we possibly see community item designs too?

1: Are we going to get the option, of showing peoples name in game above their HP bar, but still with the option of not showing it, like how it works in lol.

2: can we get the option of a sorting system for our bags and the temporary item bag.

1: When do you plan to implement the ability for players to make their own games to the public? As in make a new game that is open from the start or make a private game you can later open for random people to join.

2: What are your over all plans in making the solo game more viable and fun for those who just like to do their own thing?

Since solo atm is harder to play and quite irritating sometimes. 

1. What is trendy opinion about Necessary Defenses (for example the boost aura)? Such defense that is too good that not using it is almost a sin, becomes necessary to game and end game. Is it intended that such types defenses exist or is there something planed / thought to fix this?

What is your opinion that on Incursion you can tank an Ogre without issue (heralded the big end wave bosses) using a serenity aura and a squire made for tanking but bosses on Liferoot Forest incursion (Namely the Orc and Female Orc bosses) are a 1-2 shot death?

Edit: Steiner and Sturgis are pretty fitting names for those bosses btw. Good job.

Shouldnt it be the other way around?

1. What are your thoughts on adding class specific solo challenge maps as an avenue to release skill spheres (large or uber) or maybe even new skins or effects for that class?

2. From a game play standpoint, do you like that some people can just build and AFK? Or do you want people to be required to participate during the waves?

Do you think air combos will every become a thing. Right now melee classes only have one slash which doesn't really help if a air unit gets by.

@RiZt quote:

Third time asking, will they be guilds?

it would be their 50th time answering if you bothered to watch previous devstreams :/

Thanks to the amazing [[59367,users]] I can tell you it was mentioned in DevStream 10. 

With the upcoming patch that changes loot will the huntress's flat# increase to blast radius special stat on medallions be fixed so the increase is actually notice-able, as a 1.1 increase to a 250+ blast radius is pretty pathetic.

Do you guys plan to add a transmog or reroll component to the game for the weapons? Because I already know there are weapons I like the looks of, but the specials are a lot less up to par.

@Gardndan004 quote:

I think you said in the last stream that DD2 PS4 Demo was out? How de we get it? 

They said in the stream they have it set up at Best Buy I believe it was.

1) What made you decide to go with time restriction content, i.e pets and tokens?

2) Why isn't the daily quests for tokens based on a random map rather than the same few all the time?

3) Will all the pets visually look like infants (accept for the few that evolve), I find them underwhelming? 

4) Will crit chance apply to hot spot (sweet spot) attacks?

1. Currently the Apprentices' incursion staff "Mark" enemies stuck by towers, are there plans for those mark be used by the other Apprentice in the deck? Currently the staff is underwhelming and making hybrid hero isn't as strong as pure. 

2. Some class has more mods on certain items, for example, monk has lightning aura rate on gloves, huntress and apprentice has critical damage and squire just has the general ones, are there any plans to balance out special mods, so different class has more items to farm? Right now i feel like missing out when farming items with squire.

3. Any plans on normalizing tower height? Some towers are taller and has a easier time hitting anything that is on a slope.

4. In the coming item reroll, are you guys going to reroll everything (all stat, all mods), or just Defense speed and specific mods?

5. Sometimes loots are drop in a cluster and picking up a specific one is hard, any plans on having the highest grade stack on top of item cluster for easier access?

6. Do you guys have a specific guideline on how much dps a tower would do? In one of the games i used to play, the devs set up a parameter and tag for all the skill, with different tags like "DoT", "Area", "Range", "Melee", etc, each tag give a multiplier to the skill to determine overall skill strength so nothing is out of line.  

@mktsang quote:

a lot of questions.

Please read Original Post.

[[65382,users]] this goes for you too

@iamisom quote:

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream this Friday at 5PM EDT.

Please only post two questions per person. We will select 5-10 questions to answer on the Devstream.

Some of these sound like suggestions, why not go and post a suggestion about it on the forums, the developers do read and care for the forums and suggestions on the forums.

1. For the identification of Ubers, I know you said something about not wanting to change the physical appearance of them due to the confusion of additional skins, My question is, would it be possible to add a different color to the tower range when you press the shift key?  It would make it easier to tell them apart from one another. for example, making the uber tower range indicator a light green. 

2. Can you also add a timer alerting the rest of the team that the leader has selected a map? Even if its between 10-30 seconds, i feel that would be fair if someone of your team is upgrading and was unfortunate enough to not have enough time to distribute the points on their stats. even adding "g" to ready up to rush the selection would be perfect.

1) Will you be looking into increasing the base amount of gold that drops in a map at higher levels? Currently I see no reason to ever run increase gold gain on gear or from spheres because the amount of gold that drops on a map is so small compared to what you gain from selling gear. The increased gold gain on gear currently is just seen as a dead stat.

2) Will the gear reroll/wipe happen in a hotfix before the next big patch or will it happen on the next big patch?

Will there be a way to set up Tavern Styles, for private taverns? Like an Adventurer's camp style tavern, or a desert oasis Taverns, or even a snowy mountain Tavern. Different style taverns with various environments and themes that might have limited exploration.

@Gutu quote:

@RiZt quote:

it would be their 50th time answering if you bothered to watch previous devstreams :/

Thanks to the amazing Baxter I can tell you it was mentioned in DevStream 10. 

I have watched all the recent streams and havent heard a thing but thanks for telling me it was mentioned.

@Gutu quote:

@RiZt quote:

Thanks to the amazing Baxter I can tell you it was mentioned in DevStream 10. 

Wouldn't have been so hard to answer his question since you obviously know the answer, not everyone has watched multiple/all the dev streams.

@Zent quote:

Wouldn't have been so hard to answer his question since you obviously know the answer, not everyone has watched multiple/all the dev streams.

So people are going to wait up to a week to get their question answered by a devstream when they could watch previous ones and get answers to a lot of questions they may have?