Sign in to follow this  
Aguleb17

Creating loops

How exactly do you create a loop in the Kismet? For example, if I want to say, "every 1 second, do this," how would I do that? Still trying to figure out the DDDK...

87e4156f22.jpg
As far as I know every action has an in and an out. One way to do it is like in the picture above. You connect them to eachother's in and out then right click on the black square and click 'Set Activate Delay' in seconds so they keep looping. In this case I have it so a notfication appears every second. The yellow circles are just variables for the message to be displayed and the player spawned event starts the whole loop when I spawn in.

Alternatively, and more simply, but doesn't look very good in a picture, drag the action's 'out' around back to it's own 'in' and set an activate delay. (Hope that makes senseXD)

JfTU5R5.png

Example of a loop.  We run a check off the false flag to the entry of the "Is in Volume"  if nothing is in the volume. If there is something in the volume we upgrade the towers (which can also be determined if they're in a certain volume.). Right-clicking on the black squares, you can set a "delay" which will control how often this even occurs, specifically, we'd want to do this on the "False to Enter Is In Volume" and set a delay of 5 or 10 seconds or however long you want this event to occur. Note that seconds will equal to minutes after 60. So 120 seconds, is 2 minutes and so on.. you would input delay "120".

The pictures kinda say it all,but to make something loop, all you really have to do is link the last object to the first one.

To make that loop occur every X seconds, right click on the Out connector on the last thing in the loop, and click > Set Activate Delay... and input how fast you want it to loop.