Sign in to follow this  
epicsause

Increase the speed of costume exp gain at level 25

I have been grinding for about a week (not constantly) to level up some of my costumes, and I am yet to get one level on any piece. I think that at level 25 your costumes should get like 2-4* more exp if you are at level 25, so I do not have to grind for like 10 hours per costume level per character. I feel the current system is slow.

do you guys like this idea, or do you have any other ideas? I think that there needs to be something to level up costumes much faster, it just takes to much time.

i think it would make more sense to just lower the XP requirements.  They're kind of insane.

@Isukun quote:

i think it would make more sense to just lower the XP requirements.  They're kind of insane.

well, I think the costumes should be a more late game thing to level up, but they do need to lower the total requirements.

When I bought the premium costumes, I applied them to new, level 1 characters.  After maxing their levels, I still haven't even gotten half way to unlocking the first parts.  How much later game do they need to be?  Unless they are setting the XP levels under the assumption that the level cap will at some point be raised to 99, that's kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, I invested in getting that eternia mark for my monk because its final state is just great, and it's going to be a long long grind

Some accessories are supposed to be really really rare, and i think that some should stay that way. They probably just need to make some mythical (upgradable) accessories that level up quicker as well, so there both are very rare but also easily upgradable accessories.

@jako3578 quote:

Some accessories are supposed to be really really rare, and i think that some should stay that way. They probably just need to make some mythical (upgradable) accessories that level up quicker as well, so there both are very rare but also easily upgradable accessories.

I am not saying lower the rarity, just lower the xp requirements

@epicsause quote:

@jako3578 quote:

By rare i mean hard to get/high xp requirements, sorry for the misunderstanding...

@jako3578 quote:

@epicsause quote:

@jako3578 quote:

By rare i mean hard to get/high xp requirements, sorry for the misunderstanding...

Well in about 20 hrs of game play and not getting one level on any item, I think the xp needs to be lowered a little bit

@epicsause quote:

@jako3578 quote:

@epicsause quote:

@jako3578 quote:

Well in about 20 hrs of game play and not getting one level on any item, I think the xp needs to be lowered a little bit

The thing is, the soution won't be lowering the xp requirements. If that was done, there would need to be added more items with the high requirements, because there needs to be accessories that are really hard to get. Otherwise, what would the hardcore grinding players do, if everything was accessable by less than 20 hours of gameplay?

@jako3578 quote:

The thing is, the soution won't be lowering the xp requirements. If that was done, there would need to be added more items with the high requirements, because there needs to be accessories that are really hard to get. Otherwise, what would the hardcore grinding players do, if everything was accessable by less than 20 hours of gameplay?

I don't think the requirements need to come down that far, but there are costume accessories that have multiple unlocks and you can't get the next stages until you've unlocked the first.  If I can't even get half way to the first one when I max out my character, that's A LOT of grinding needed to get the next one or two in line.  We only get six characters and I doubt anybody is going to want to stick with a character for an additional 60+ hours just for an accessory.

@jako3578 quote:

@epicsause quote:

@jako3578 quote:

@epicsause quote:

@jako3578 quote:

I'm not saying in 20 hours of game play, but for one piece out of the 20-ish levels you can get, that would be like 200 hours of game play to get all the accessories. That is not even counting for the increase in exp, and that would total like 500 hours of grinding to get, and I don't think that would help player retention, right now the end game progression is few and far between, and I think if my costume upgraded more often, it would give me more of a reason to keep playing than seeing nothing happen in over 20 hours of game play.

@Isukun quote:

I doubt anybody is going to want to stick with a character for an additional 60+ hours just for an accessory.

I am. I reached lvl 25 on 6 heroes while playing with Dragon Fall skins and now I'm playing on my monk to XP skin I got by unlocking boxes with cristals for accessories I'm not even sure I'll be able to equip in addition of my Dragon Fall skin.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458527215

@Isukun quote:

@jako3578 quote:

I don't think the requirements need to come down that far, but there are costume accessories that have multiple unlocks and you can't get the next stages until you've unlocked the first.  If I can't even get half way to the first one when I max out my character, that's A LOT of grinding needed to get the next one or two in line.  We only get six characters and I doubt anybody is going to want to stick with a character for an additional 60+ hours just for an accessory.

Some people already have them, so there are definitely some people willing to grind as much as needed right now... So my point is, we're simply going to need more accessories, or maybe we're going to have to only nerf some of them, so that all types of players are going to be able to unlock accessories with the amount of grinding they're willing to do. If we nerfed all of them, there'd be nothing to accomplish for the hardcore players, and if nothing's nerfed (or if no new accessories with low requirements are added), there'll be nothing for the not as hardcore players to unlock... There needs to be some for everyone, so i don't think nerfing all of it is the right solution, although i do agree that only having these accessories that are extremely hard to get is a problem that needs to be solved, which i'm sure it will soon :)

I finally got my monks Glowing eyes that took about a month or 2 i think..i know the last part was 10million XP and it was 7.5 before that im pretty sure i grinded out over 50 million if not a bit less for those eyes

It took me like 2 weeks and I wasn't even playing fulltime.

10 millions XP  = 40 Liferoot runs with XP spheres.