Aguleb17

DDDK Script Locations

I've been looking for the coding for the game in my quest to understand how the game works, but I can't find the actual code itself. (The Kismet doesn't count.) I've seen some people posting direct code on the forums, but I don't know where to get it. Does anyone know where it is?

the best I have been able to find is programs(xx) > steam > steamapps > common > Dungeon Defenders > Development > Src

I think that is the path I have to take...but I cant find any coding outside of basic running programs for Moraggo and such.

Umm lots of places... but to try and help give you some direction... 

1. steam > steamapps > common > Dungeon Defenders > Development > Src

2. If you open up the content browser and search through maps and find information about specific items that can drop in maps there (not very helpful but...)

3. If you are in the content browser and click on actor classes on the top of the window you can right click on different categories then select view source code. (http://imgur.com/JbINk0x)

4. decompiling maps will also tell you alot about maps

not sure what you are looking for exactly but somewhere in that you should be able to find something you wanted to know

@Aguleb17 quote:

I've been looking for the coding for the game in my quest to understand how the game works, but I can't find the actual code itself. (The Kismet doesn't count.) I've seen some people posting direct code on the forums, but I don't know where to get it. Does anyone know where it is?

You probably dont want to hear this, but a lot of it is not there at all.

Most of the stuff that actually is there to see is in : development\src\udkgame\classes\*.uc

There rest is either basic stuff that comes as part of the U3DK, or emptied stubs. And lets not forget all the 'protected classes' voodoo.

Basically you get to see part of the code, not all, they are not promising the full source tree. Just enough to do a bit of mod&map testing in the shallows, on the 7.47 testbinary. Nowhere enough to locate, let alone fix, any bugs.

@Tydo quote:

@Aguleb17 quote:

You probably dont want to hear this, but a lot of it is not there at all.

Most of the stuff that actually is there to see is in : development\src\udkgame\classes\*.uc

There rest is either basic stuff that comes as part of the U3DK, or emptied stubs. And lets not forget all the 'protected classes' voodoo.

Basically you get to see part of the code, not all, they are not promising the full source tree. Just enough to do a bit of mod&map testing in the shallows, on the 7.47 testbinary. Nowhere enough to locate, let alone fix, any bugs.

You get to see all of the necessary code for the game. You just have a to look a bit deeper. Majority of it is actually not in the root directory but in fact inside the total conversion files, where pretty much everything is open for anyone to look at. I am really hoping they will fix the total conversion system.

Anyway, all the necessary code is available for any would be modder to tweak and mess with, and a lot of it can be done through the UDK, what can't be done changing/tweaking actor classes and some of the other info.