Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 21

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream this Friday at 5PM EDT.

Please only post two questions per person. We will select 5-10 questions to answer on the Devstream.

- Are there still key elements from DD1 you are looking to bring into DD2? (Maps specific loot, achievement items, time challenges etc). I'm especiially hoping for the uber game mode! (fighting hoardes of monsters without a defense objective)

- Is the next boss going to get the players more involved with its mechanics?

DEMAND: APPRENTICE LARGE SPHERE FOR ABILITY BUILD!!! D:<

• Many streams ago was asked something about a new tier above legendary items, to which "lendary sets" were mentioned, but without much explaining, is this idea still standing, is it possible to elaborate? 
  • With the current sphere system a lot of people who use to love and combo what are now 2 large specs were left in need of creating a new character just to apply a sphere (not mentioning the numbers reduced), is there something going to be addressed like allowing a player to have more than one large sphere at a certain cost or is it just intentional balance?

• Will it later be possible to have a 'preview' on skin evolutions before buying them? Currently I can only get a preview of costumes I have already bought.
  • Do you intend to add dyes to your cosmetic shop's range at some time? (I'd really love to paint my characters and play my green-skinned monk again ^^)

We have a item revamp coming soon, will a defense revamp be the next big focus?

Can we get an updated roadmap after each patch so we know what to look forward to and can see unexpected changes possibly prior to release.

1.  Can we get a first person view option like was available in DDE?

2.  Can you please give us a better random number generator for eggs?  At this point it appears that some pet types are unobtainable.

1. With the game being pre-alpha, which part of the development process do you see the majority of game balancing to be done? (e.g. Defence and enemy balancing, Equipment/sphere etc. etc.)

2. Can you give us a little more insight into how the Fullscreen Tactical Map will work?

1. Will the next patch feature more uber skill spheres?

2. In the future will you share player models/allow workshop integration for community content?

1. Is the current amount of sphere slots per hero set in stone? Although I really like the skill sphere system, I feel that we don't have enough slots to impact the playstyle of our heroes in a meaningful way. (for example any DPS Builder chooses 3 Tower Spheres, 2 Range Spheres and the 1 final Sphere specific to that tower, so there is only 1 slot for diversity (excluding Uber))

2. I like the colorful world of DD a lot and I felt that you did a great job on the Summoner in DD1, giving him a somewhat dark and sinister vibe in a cartoonish setting. Do you have a hero with that sort of feeling in work aswell?

1. Will the "3 Heroes per map" limitation be changed in the future? Restrictions like these discourage trying multiple builds and approaching the game in a different way other than following the meta of the month, each month.

2.Will the visuals of the titles be changed? Right now they are un-noticible as they are thrown into before or after your name. Which not only confuses people with finding other player's names , but also downgrade the value of hard-earned titles.

(I've made posts and points about both of these , can't stress it enough :P)

Will elements similar to DD1 come back in some way such as:

1. Pure Strategy Mode?

2. Challenges for certain maps, like moving core and such?

3. Will there eventually be more stats for weapons such as firing speed, number of projectiles and other things?

4. Is there a chance that unique weapon statistics native to only some certain weapons of higher tier that can only be obtained through challenges?

Here are mine:

1. Which characters from Dungeon Defenders 1 can we expect to see return in DD2?

2. Any plans for new playable character races like centaurs, mermaids, etc.?

3. Will guns be in DD2?

Any plans to be able to pop the balloons in the tavern with monk secondary attacks, huntress and apprentice attacks (and then re-inflate after a few seconds maybe)?

1,. When will we see Onslaught

2. When will we see DP and DS on legendary items again it seems this has disappeared.

1. Will there be bunny's in the future?

2. Will we be able to buy drinks in the Tavern that will give a one mission buff?

1. when (approximate time?) are you going to increase the level cap?

2. Is there any plans to implement a shift in map difficulties on a per player basis? (more players means greater difficulty)

Trendyent, are you going to address the problem of boost monk? Monk right now is the only class that is needed in every map and provide utility that no class can provide. Unlike squire/apprentice that these two's towers are almost interchangeable. Do you plan to add a "MONK" slot on our hero deck to make sure we bring our boost monk?

1: Are we going to get the option, of showing peoples name in game above their HP bar, so we know who is who in game, without have to press escape, and still not know who is who of the 3 or 4 monks in game. ^^

2: can we get the option of a sorting system in our bags and the temporary item bag.