Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Essence

Player Collision: Remove or stay?

Greetings!

I got a small topic to discuss, which is player collision (being able to pass through players, or collide with them).

When I kite ogres, I have to dodge every single hit, or I get killed. It's all it takes, 1 hit. I main my tower apprentice and I usually stay on him so Im sure to find the appropriate upgrades.

The biggest issue I have with kiting, is collision with other enemies, but definately also players. I will move in to activate the ogres melee attack, and back out again, but other players will be in the way, resulting in me taking the hit. 

So should player collision stay or be removed? What do you all think?

Edit: Removing collision will also make it easier to approach an NPC in the tavern if said NPC is surrounded by other players.

IMO we should keep the collision, but make it so that we can stand on other players for real! Pyramids ftw!

Also friendly fire would be nice so while we wait for the end of the wawes as our towers do the work, there would be some serious action going on! spawn killing! Killing the builder while he/she builds! Sooo much fun that can't even imagine.

Friendly fire for capture the egg or tower wars for sure but not in co-op TD.

Collisions definitely on for me.

@Fozzie quote:

Play a game with [[43252,users]] and [[67661,users]] and you know how fun would friendly fire be! :3

@Bunniecake quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Play a game with Gutu and SaraNeko and you know how fun would friendly fire be! :3

Friendly fire is very easy to avoid though. You just stop being friendly.

Friendly-fire seems like the worst idea ever. Interesting maybe, but actually implemented would be ridiculous.

And I would rather collision remained, but maybe increase the range at which you can interact with npc's to avoid crowding.

But I like somewhat crazy stuff (/( ; . ; )\) as Alice said in the movie about madness: "All the best people are."

At least the collision should be improved so we can create pyramids!

@Bunniecake quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Play a game with Gutu and SaraNeko and you know how fun would friendly fire be! :3

Indeed.

Friendly fire could be a toggle on/off

But never ever remove collision please... It's like the best thing ever...  It's so funny to stand on them.

@Gutu quote:

@Bunniecake quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Indeed.

Friendly fire could be a toggle on/off

But never ever remove collision please... It's like the best thing ever...  It's so funny to stand on them.

*shots fired* opss.. misclick 
- x10

Heheh.... ♥

@Bunniecake quote:

But I like somewhat crazy stuff (/( ; . ; )\) as Alice said in the movie about madness: "All the best people are."

At least the collision should be improved so we can create pyramids!

I would like mob collision to be better designed, right now is hard as hell to ride a wyvern.

I was once playing with isom on forgotten ruins and I jumped across one of the ravines while he tried jumping across in the opposite direction.

He ended up jumping under me, hitting my shoes, then falling to his death like a koopa paratroopa who lost their wings because Mario stomped on him. We had a good laugh about it.

On topic, I think player collision should stay. If players are interfering with the artful dodging of ogre attacks that can one-hit-kill, that tells me there's something wrong with the mechanics of ogre attack patterns and disproportionate amount of damage, not that there's something wrong with player collision. Plus I'm not a huge fan of clipping in general, and while there are plenty of places in the game where it occurs, I'd like to avoid as much of it as possible. 

It's one of the small features that balances a game properly. Tanking orgres with any class besides a squire needs decent gear. So those other three classes need to kite an ogre.

I think the main problem with kiting and the collision are the currently small(er) maps.

Remove it in the tavern.

As for kiting issues, the answer is very simple. 'Stay away from me when I'm near ogres plz...'