OtterDarkness

DDDK Tutorial: Changing the Difficulty in Play Mode

Hello again! This time we're going to go over how to change the difficulty when playing in the viewport. For those that are familiar with Unreal's Kismet this should make a whole lot of common sense. For those who aren't well that's what this tutorial is here for:D

Step 1: Open up World Properties
11a549265e.png
Go to View > World Properties

Step 2: Change Map Override Difficulty
7b0a8008a4.jpg
Type in the search bar at the top difficulty and you will see these values. Changing the entry for 'Map Override Difficulty' will change what mode you are in when playing from the editor.Don't forget to also check the box for 'Map Override Difficulty?' or else it will start at the default of medium. (Just remember that if you're doing this for testing to set it back to default otherwise when you upload your map players won't be able to select other difficulties)

Thanks for reading my tutorial guys, I hope it helped make your life a little bit easier. How do you think I did? Was it concise and easy to follow? Is this format the best for these types of tutorials or would you rather see something else like a collection of YouTube videos? Let me know in the replies!

For other great tutorials check out Cr4zy's page http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/tutorial.html

something i need to know.

can i make a target practice map loaded with dummies where one half is Normal and the other half is Nightmare without requiring the player to exit and load?

i just want to know if it can be done, i already know i could just have them leave the map and then load it in NM but that's not what i'm asking...i suppose it doesn't matter. my goal was to have a NightMare Tavern without having to leave the tavern or load a different one...but i seriously doubt that's remotely possible so i'll just make a target practice map

can i make a target practice map loaded with dummies where one half is Normal and the other half is Nightmare without requiring the player to exit and load?

It can be done if you know unrealscript to make a custom version that applies the appropriate multipliers/exponents on hit- otherwise, you're SOL because the normal dummy is based on the difficulty level and there can only be one difficulty level at any given time.