And with 7.07 Apprentices go back to being useless again.

I think that people should only be flipping out and declaring that it's back to warming the bench as the apprentice if they've only just been narrowly beating maps/challenges. Otherwise a 10% nerf to attack rate ramp up should't be anything to concern yourselves over.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys we always appreciate your feedback!

We plan to continue balancing until we do a collective high five... then we balance more.

I agree. It's not the end, it's just a nerf that was never required. They were so close to a balanced apprentice.

Speaking of, anyone noticing that the kobolds are battering the squire blockades now? Even with the HP buff, the kobolds just beat the living daylights out of my blockades in a few hits. I think they need another HP buff, or a nerf on kobolds, or something to balance this nightmare. It's frustrating because you get 6-7 kobolds coming at once to the same blockade, you can't repair because they are exploding in your face, so the blockade just goes down while you're standing there.

Use Magic Missile Towers. Kobolds have low health and die to around one Magic Missile shot.

Magic Missile Towers shoot VERY fast. They can take care of all your Kobold Troubles.

where did you get your Numbers / percents from? ^^ look above at King, at least he is backing up his statement with "theorycrafting"/numbers.

P.S. also if you are getting kicked or whatever, try hosting your own game.

The numbers i gave were from in game now. i just do the math to find what a 10% change in attack speed would be and thus i get the new numbers. math solves problems.

... get it.. math.. solves... hahaha.

*cough*

We plan to continue balancing until we do a collective high five... then we balance more.

HIGH FIVE!

P.S. This post is useless.

Actually it would be more appropriate to say they are 40% worse than app towers.

(2800/1700)-1= 64.7% higher dps.

or alternatively:

1-(1700/2800)= 39.28% lower dps.

And range is relivant if you can attack them sooner, they die faster and thus never get close to the walls. yeah knockback helps keep em back but them dieing quicker to the supioror damage of fireballs outweighs the trivial knockbal on bowling balls.

I've never understood why people say range is irrelevant, its obviously not.

The numbers i gave were from in game now. i just do the math to find what a 10% change in attack speed would be and thus i get the new numbers. math solves problems.

... get it.. math.. solves... hahaha.

*cough*

hahaha yah I was asking umm whats his face to back up his percents like you where trying to do. A little number crunching will make people realize the "nerf" is minimal or even noticeable.

Use Magic Missile Towers. Kobolds have low health and die to around one Magic Missile shot.

Magic Missile Towers shoot VERY fast. They can take care of all your Kobold Troubles.

problem is, they are useless against most other enemies, especially on insane.

Actually it would be more appropriate to say they are 40% worse than app towers.

(2800/1700)-1= 64.7% higher dps.

or alternatively:

1-(1700/2800)= 39.28% lower dps.

Worse is such a negitive term.

Im not saying they are worse, just better suited for alternitive situations.

=]

this is the only game where ive seen such drastic changes between patches. keep it up "trendy" (lol @ the name now)

And we appreciate your hard work.

Now BRB while I fix the problem with my shoes being 3 sizes too big by buying shoes 4 sizes too small.

If anything you guys should complain a little bit about lightning towers seeing as they are the only APP tower that ISNT overpowered, infact they are only good for pairing with fireball towers so they don't fail. Even then fireballs probably get more kills from the mob hitting the wall and then killing them than lightning towers themselves.

we do complain about it a lot.
lol @ 700 dps lightning tower with 100 ish speed / attack stat.

they are useless, any mage in the groupe will outheal it.

we do complain about it a lot.
lol @ 700 dps lightning tower with 100 ish speed / attack stat.

they are useless, any mage in the groupe will outheal it.

Lightning towers need buffed /thread

I just always Opt out for lightning auras since they are quite a bit better at lightning damage than the towers are, then you just put some fireballs and the rest is GG.

Lightning towers hold the enemies in place for other things to shoot it. If it starts doing heavy damage as well, it will be OP.

If anything you guys should complain a little bit about lightning towers seeing as they are the only APP tower that ISNT overpowered, infact they are only good for pairing with fireball towers so they don't fail. Even then fireballs probably get more kills from the mob hitting the wall and then killing them than lightning towers themselves.

They're not just "not overpowered."

They're just plain garbage outside of medium. Use the monk aura.

Thankyou for another Exciting Lesson of Math with King.

What a cute attempt at saving yourself.

First of all, let's just get this out of the way - you said:

will be replaced by squires whose towers do about 30% the damage Apprentice towers do

So going by your numbers you were actually off by a factor of two, and not 10%.

But you're of course using the Apprentice's best DPS tower against one of the Squire's lesser DPS tower.
Slice n' Dice, for example, does 5,600 DPS on my level 58 Squire. Constantly. In an AOE. And it has over 6k HP. And he doesn't even have good gear.

Also Squire towers don't have to worry about elemental monsters, so about 1/4th of the Fireball Tower's Damage comes to 0. And god forbid it focus on a Fire immune monster for a while, which they sometimes do.

Our Lightning Towers are practically worthless, Magic Missile towers do single-target DPS, and our Deadly Strike towers don't even focus flying monsters, which your Harpoons soon will.

Oh, and this is all pre-nerf, remember.

We're getting a 10% Attack Speed nerf and you're getting a 10% damage buff and an unknown Attack Speed fix/buff, which will bring Fireball and Harpoon DPS much close together. Also you're getting a Harpoon projectile speed buff.

where did you get your Numbers / percents from? ^^ look above at King, at least he is backing up his statement with "theorycrafting"/numbers.

P.S. also if you are getting kicked or whatever, try hosting your own game.

Yeah, he's giving raw numbers and nothing else, and selectively choosing the best two towers to compare DPS against.

Look at my post above, please.

And hosting my own game is not a solution, it's just avoidance. Apprentices will still be bad compared to Squires after the patch regardless of whether we get kicked from groups or not.

Lightning towers are just fine Stats wise it is the targeting system that sucks it keeps sometimes firing at dead monsters it should have a a second fire meaning when it shoots the first one it should already be somewhat recharging the next one the attack rate stat should increase that recharge rate or make the lightning independent of the tower in a sense make it have a "projectile" feel like the FB towers meaning it shoots and "lets it loose" arcing between enemies while charging the next shoot.

Ya know SnD towers are melee right? and they can be outranged by Ogres right? also they cost just a feww more DP than a fireball tower.

I really think they gotta let their live server simmer a bit before they make balancing passes. Its going to start making peoples heads spin. I really hope they have amazing tools in place for analytics/metrics and data mining from live games and are not making most of their decisions off of forum temperature alone, because people here are crazy.

Also Squire towers don't have to worry about elemental monsters, so about 1/4th of the Fireball Tower's Damage comes to 0. And god forbid it focus on a Fire immune monster for a while, which they sometimes do.

Turrets don't attack enemies that have immunity to them anymore bro.

What a cute attempt at saving yourself.

First of all, let's just get this out of the way - you said:

So going by your numbers you were actually off by a factor of two, and not 10%.

But you're of course using the Apprentice's best DPS tower against one of the Squire's lesser DPS tower.
Slice n' Dice, for example, does 5,600 DPS on my level 58 Squire. Constantly. In an AOE. And it has over 6k HP. And he doesn't even have good gear.

Our Lightning Towers are practically worthless, Magic Missile towers do single-target DPS, and our Deadly Strike towers don't even focus flying monsters, which your Harpoons soon will.

Oh, and this is all pre-nerf, remember.

We're getting a 10% Attack Speed nerf and you're getting a 10% damage buff and an unknown Attack Speed fix/buff, which will bring Fireball and Harpoon DPS much close together. Also you're getting a Harpoon projectile speed buff.

They fixxed elemental towers last patch so they no longer attack enemies with that resistance. Fireball towers no longer attack fire resistant enemies.

Whats more, the SND towers seem good on paper, but in practice, they are just bad. They work in certain situations, but not all the time unlike the apprentice towers. You can put those anywhere you want and they'll do the damage. Whats more is that archers and ogres can stand just out of range and keep attacking SND towers. If you don't have a ranged tower to go with it, it's not good for much.

MM are crap, but the squire blockade costs 3 DU points as well and you don't see that firing at anything. You get what you pay for. MM are good for the 3DU points you pay.

Lightning towers could use a slight Damage buff, but they hold enemies in place, effectively working as a snare while doing damage. No other tower in the game does that.

DTS towers don't focus flying? I think you've played some other game. They ALWAYS focus flying, even when they are in the middle of charging to fire at a ground enemy, they will change focus.