Sign in to follow this  
IcyOrca

Few things

First off I have made previous posts about this so feel like I should re-post here.

1: We should be able to make our own games and then open them to public or just make public general games, I am sick and tired of going in to a game to try to start one for friends and it not working, this gives us limited control over what we can do as player, and should be a simple fix as stated in a previous post I belive this should be the top priority over everything else including new content or re balance patches.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/119913/priority-making-our-own-games?scrollTo=119913&page=2[[3938,hashtags]]

for those who don't want to click it.

(((( This should be a priority above everything else, even the re-balances the new pets or ubers or anything else, we as players want to make a game and have the option for it to be public so either have it so when we go to start the game we can make a public match OR make it so when we go in to private we can open it to public. This is really aggravating not being able to do so in this sort of game. This should take all priority. ))))

2: This is something Ive recently thought about and I haven't seen anything else like this so here goes, I think it would be a good idea to have a 4th hero deck slot, but lock towers so you cant build only repair and upgrade and DPS, to many times I wanted to test a DPS with my towers as I usually tend to solo due to not being able to make games on my terms or my friends/family are not around, this would allow the players more freedom to build and dps or tank that crazy ogre when we solo(and we don't have or want to use some crazy over powered exploit, some enjoy the game with out breaking it)

3:This is something I have wanted for a long time just due to the grind aspect of these games, the game is fun and testing out builds is fun but it can be slow and can be boring to run the same thing the same way each and every time just for a minute chance at a decent rolled item, so I would like to propose a Fast forward mode or button/switch or even a tower that makes everything 2x the speed or more that way we can still do the grind in less the time and having a faster mode would be more difficult on repairs and if something went wrong so it would be challenging depending on how it would be approached, and it would be really fun to see that monsters towers and everything else at 2x the speed.

These are just a few ideas knocking around in my head, let me know what you think fellow council members if you agree or disagree.

Thanks for reading.

On the topic of messin' with time, I think a tower would be a bit of a waste. Of course, there was the Jester in DD1 that could spin a slot machine and have the chance of slowing down literally everything. It would be pretty cool to see the jester in DD2 with a similar ability, where she would have the same slot machine ability, but with added bonuses, like speeding up time.

Now, a mode(Or challenge) where everything is sped up, however, would be hilarious to watch. It would be quite challenging if the enemies are the only thing being sped up.

Just imagine watching a roller-blading Kobold zooming toward your towers going twice as fast as normally. Pure fear and panic.

@IcyOrca quote:

3:This is something I have wanted for a long time just due to the grind aspect of these games, the game is fun and testing out builds is fun but it can be slow and can be boring to run the same thing the same way each and every time just for a minute chance at a decent rolled item, so I would like to propose a Fast forward mode or button/switch or even a tower that makes everything 2x the speed or more that way we can still do the grind in less the time and having a faster mode would be more difficult on repairs and if something went wrong so it would be challenging depending on how it would be approached, and it would be really fun to see that monsters towers and everything else at 2x the speed.

Just imagine watching a roller-blading Kobold zooming toward your towers going twice as fast as normally. Pure fear and panic.

thats just mean, why would you even think of such an evil!

1. I'm sure there will be improvements to how partying and matchmaking works , they've talked about that over and over and I agree with you that it needs a revamp.

2.I dont want Trendy to see the community asking for a 4th Deck and build around it. We can do more than that. Hero Decks should (in my opinion be completely revamped) This honestly discourages players to create multiple types of heroes. Whats the point of doing this unique thing that nobody does if I cant bring it in my game? Whats the point of testing out badass combinations if im limited to it and it wont work on public? Its just a huge no to what the game has been in the past and I do get that we need to evolve , but this part would be fine if it was like in DD1/DDE.

3.I do understand where you are coming from , but I can't imagine Dungeon Defenders with a speed up mode , while its CLASSIC for Tower Defense type of games it just sounds and gets pictured in my head weirdly. Perhaps if they impliment it somehow as a tougher mode I suppose so.

@IcyOrca quote:

First off I have made previous posts about this so feel like I should re-post here.

1: We should be able to make our own games and then open them to public or just make public general games, I am sick and tired of going in to a game to try to start one for friends and it not working, this gives us limited control over what we can do as player, and should be a simple fix as stated in a previous post I belive this should be the top priority over everything else including new content or re balance patches.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/119913/priority-making-our-own-games?scrollTo=119913&page=2[[3938,hashtags]]

for those who don't want to click it.

(((( This should be a priority above everything else, even the re-balances the new pets or ubers or anything else, we as players want to make a game and have the option for it to be public so either have it so when we go to start the game we can make a public match OR make it so when we go in to private we can open it to public. This is really aggravating not being able to do so in this sort of game. This should take all priority. ))))

2: This is something Ive recently thought about and I haven't seen anything else like this so here goes, I think it would be a good idea to have a 4th hero deck slot, but lock towers so you cant build only repair and upgrade and DPS, to many times I wanted to test a DPS with my towers as I usually tend to solo due to not being able to make games on my terms or my friends/family are not around, this would allow the players more freedom to build and dps or tank that crazy ogre when we solo(and we don't have or want to use some crazy over powered exploit, some enjoy the game with out breaking it)

These are just a few ideas knocking around in my head, let me know what you think fellow council members if you agree or disagree.

Thanks for reading.

1: They've already told, that they aren't going to add server lists and server hosting. However, they have said alot of times, that they're going to update the matchmaking system. Hopfully, this will fix the problems. If it doesn't they might consider adding the server list, but for now, i think we just have to wait for them to update the matchmaking, and then we'll see if it still has problems, or if the problems are fixed.