Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Essence

Why do incursion HARD still drop gear below lvl 25?

Recently, I've noticed that when I do hardmode incursions, all the legendaries that drop are either level 24 or 25.  It's been awhile since I've seen lower.  

@Omamba quote:

Recently, I've noticed that when I do hardmode incursions, all the legendaries that drop are either level 24 or 25.  It's been awhile since I've seen lower.  

lucky!

@Bunniecake quote:

Fozzie there hasn't been any changes to the drop rates in this patch or foundation 2 patch. Foundation 1 was the update that changed the rates and they have been the same since then. I haven't noticed any difference in the rates, there is nothing in patch notes about changing the rates, there is no difference in the rates. Play more to nullify the RNG.

The topic isn't drop rates its drop stats.  There is a lack of drops with combined DP/DS stats.  These two stats are most commonly found on level 25 items in the past.  Ergo the question why are we subjected to drop stats that are lower in the maximum difficulty possible?

@PTSFP Paul quote:

@Bunniecake quote:

Fozzie there hasn't been any changes to the drop rates in this patch or foundation 2 patch. Foundation 1 was the update that changed the rates and they have been the same since then. I haven't noticed any difference in the rates, there is nothing in patch notes about changing the rates, there is no difference in the rates. Play more to nullify the RNG.

The topic isn't drop rates its drop stats.  There is a lack of drops with combined DP/DS stats.  These two stats are most commonly found on level 25 items in the past.  Ergo the question why are we subjected to drop stats that are lower in the maximum difficulty possible?

There isn't any changes to the drop rates of specific stat combinations either.. And most of the parts with DP DS that I've got before this patch were in the 22-24 items since they were dropping more.

The difference between 22-24 lvl items and 25 items is marginal, the stat value difference in those parts is all about min/max. Any of the maps can be completed with full 22-24 legendaries, the lvl 25 parts are all about getting the perfect maximized gear.

I don't think the drop rates or stat combination rates should be adjusted around that.

Whether or not we are talking about BiS, the entire point is: Level 25 required maps, not dropping gear of the intended level requirement.

By this logic, I should theoretically be able to see BiS max level gear drop while I'm still leveling. Doesn't make sense, does it?

I know incursions are not meant to be the end game grind, and I know things are still being worked on - but regardless of level - if a mode requires you to be X level, it should drop at least that quality of gear.

They have item power, to keep you from seeing max item power gear all the time. Level requirements, and item power are two different things, let's not mix them up. 

@Tristaris quote:

Whether or not we are talking about BiS, the entire point is: Level 25 required maps, not dropping gear of the intended level requirement.

By this logic, I should theoretically be able to see BiS max level gear drop while I'm still leveling. Doesn't make sense, does it?

I know incursions are not meant to be the end game grind, and I know things are still being worked on - but regardless of level - if a mode requires you to be X level, it should drop at least that quality of gear.

They have item power, to keep you from seeing max item power gear all the time. Level requirements, and item power are two different things, let's not mix them up. 

Don't forget that at lower levels, the game always drops gear of higher rarities w/ lower level requirements than gear w/ lower rarities.  (i.e. back when I was in the 15 - 20 bracket in particular I remember how all my green drops were for level 16 - 19, my blue drops were for level 14 - 17, my purple drops were for level 12 - 15, and heaven forbid I get a leg drop, but the two leg drops I did get in that bracket were for level 11 and 13, so I'll just project, given the other numbers, that legs would be 11 - 13.)

The net result of this being that it doesn't matter how lucky or unlucky you get--the gear you find is always the same quality.  Either it's for higher level and bad rarity, or low level with good rarity.  Didn't matter if you got lucky and found a leg amulet--there's a good chance that unless the extra white text makes it worth it, that the blue amulet you get in the same bracket is just as good or better than the leg because it's for a notably higher level requirement.  There is no sense of enjoyment in getting "rare" drops until max level because of this.  I don't know about you, but I still remember how bad it felt realizing that fact--that even if I got lucky and got a "rare" drop that my gear was still going to be the same power level until I advanced to the next level bracket.  You lose the drive to keep playing because the only thing to look forward to is what happens and/or what you can get once you level up more.  At that point, you might as well just be powerfarming in WoW or some !@#%...