Sign in to follow this  
OtterDarkness

Can we get a DDDK forum section?

Could we possibly get a new forum category for DDDK/modding discussions? With the baton being handed over to the community for development I think a forum category for modding could help with a lot of questions and roadblocks some might have within the DDDK. (Because I know I've been using the DDDK since yesterday and it seems all I have done is come up with more and more questions)

I think it's a great idea. I'm not a DDDK user, but having a place for speaking about modding could really help and encourage modders.

That is what this whole section is about. "Community Development" is the DDDK, it's maps, its suggesting changes, its for posting WIP.. it's for asking for help, advice about anything related to development done by the community.
 Making another forum section for the DDK specifically would be unnecessary I feel, with such a section as this already here. 

I'm not the only one who has experience with the DDK, and certainly not an expert.  Some of the others who have done stuff for DD, Mischief, Alhanalem, Sanghelios... to name a few, all have experience and different ways to accomplish the goal of creating content.  So don't be shy! Ask questions here!  We're all usually happy to help, if we can.

@OtterDarkness quote:

Could we possibly get a new forum category for DDDK/modding discussions? With the baton being handed over to the community for development I think a forum category for modding could help with a lot of questions and roadblocks some might have within the DDDK. (Because I know I've been using the DDDK since yesterday and it seems all I have done is come up with more and more questions)

i agree 100%  maybe someone with some knowledge(when he/she get time) could enlighten some of us who are clueless with the dddk.  time to pester the ic'ers:)

Twitch.tv/Nexussfire  Live stream every weekend doing DDK Q&A. Times vary depending on my schedule.  I've been answering questions and showing how to accomplish some of the basics.  I'll be doing another stream tomorrow at 1 P.M PDT.   If you want to come and ask questions about the DDK, I can cover anything from placing static meshes, doing light builds, manipulating and creating materials, wave spawner setup and level completion rewards.

I will be also releasing a new level template for anyone who wants it to be able to build off of, it will include more complete kismet setup such as flying monster spawns, flight path nodes, a basic boss sequence setup as well as some missing variables from the basic level template. 

@Nexus quote:

Twitch.tv/Nexussfire  Live stream every weekend doing DDK Q&A. Times vary depending on my schedule.  I've been answering questions and showing how to accomplish some of the basics.  I'll be doing another stream tomorrow at 1 P.M PDT.   If you want to come and ask questions about the DDK, I can cover anything from placing static meshes, doing light builds, manipulating and creating materials, wave spawner setup and level completion rewards.

I will be also releasing a new level template for anyone who wants it to be able to build off of, it will include more complete kismet setup such as flying monster spawns, flight path nodes, a basic boss sequence setup as well as some missing variables from the basic level template. 

I hope some were able to attend.  I wish my schedule would have allow it.