Sign in to follow this  
Yanted

[New Player] Solo player need advice with Hunt / Squire / App setup

Hi everyone,

I was a DD1 player (almost finished all content) and i bought DD2 last week. I read all guides, trying to understand the differences with DD1.

I am a solo player, and i picked Hunt ./ Squire / Apprentice for heroes. I am level 18 with each char and i need some advices.

What build should i use with these chars in order to aply solo (which towers are best combos) ?

What stats should i take on the hunt ? the squire ? the app ? (for example i don t know if tower speed is better  than tower power or not)

Should i go Squire & App for towers, and huntress for hero DPS ?

What kind of tips could help me to complete all the maps in solo mode ?

Thank you by advance for helping me.

Yanted

Welcome to DD2

First and foremost you need to level up a Monk. In DD1 you had the Series EV here you have Monk for boost and it's a must have.

Welcome to DD2 :)  I am still under a month of playing DD2  but here is what I've found out in difference to DD1.

Hero DPS isn't that great now, but that could be buffed soon.

Would recommend a app/huntress/monk or a squire/huntress/monk build.  The reason for this is the electric + geyser combo is very powerful and can stun lock enemies acting like a wall.  I would go defense power/defense speed on everything but huntress where I would go defense speed, defense health 

Thx for your fast replys !

So i have to create a monk, according to you.

The main DPS comes from tower ? so i should always choice item with better towers stats than better hero stats ?

Since we're only allowed to have 3 heroes in the deck, i have a hybrid huntress. For pure tower stats i use monk and apprentice.

Monk is essential.

I would for now.  There will probably be a time when hero stats are viable.  Physical resist and hero hp are nice for late game blocking but for now I would focus on towers.  

Yes right now the main DPS comes from the towers/auras.  

Some quick tips

Geysers+ electric

Geysers + sky guard tower

Get a monk. Really! Boost Auras are too good to pass up, Lightning Auras are also really good, even if you just use them to clear random minions! Skyguard tower is one of the best at dealing with air units (if not the best).

A very safe bet is lightning aura + geyser trap and then you add some towers to support them, personally I use Skyguards mixed with some cannon towers while some people go full fireburst or cannonball towers.

The core part is really, get a monk because he fits well in every character combination!

PS: The Hero dpser part is not required atm, so you can just pick heroes based on their towers and abilities.

The main stats for your Squire and Apprentice would be defence power and defence speed. There are handy passive stats too but worth concentrating on DP and DS initially.

Either Squire or Apprentice, and the Huntress/Monk combo

Geyser>Aura>Geyser stunlocks most big enemies until they are dead.

Squire has better walls and physical damage, Apprentice has better AoE and the frost tower, which can combo with the Geyser for Crush combos.

As for stats I use Def health, def power and personal health on Squire, with a lifesteal chestpiece at all times. He is a wall.

Def Power and Def health on Monk, boost aura charm is essential. Lightning Aura is your builds main source of damage, Def Power is most important. Aside from boost aura buffs, always get the best of those you can.

Huntress towers are more for utility than damage in my build so I go for Hero Damage (with crits) and a bit of Defense speed. The speed helps Geysers keep enemies stunlocked (I need to find out the best amount) and it works better with Dart Towers when you use them to whittle down bosses.

Keep in mind that certain passives are worth missing stats in general. Obviously you don't want to give up a strong Def Power piece for a Lightning aura buff, just use your head you will be fine. :)

Wow thanx for all these replys !!!

Really nice community here ;)

I gonna test it and may be back here with new questions if i need answers !

Yanted

There is a Wiki too and lots of streamers have dropped stuff for you to watch to get some tips.

Enjoy and good hunting for those DP/DS items, incubate and hatch those pets too, it all helps. 

For those suggest huntress item, remember stunlocking enemies require quite alot of Defense Speed. If you want safety, DS is better than DH