Sign in to follow this  
CAPTAIN FABULOUS

Huntress (still is) terrible at hero dps.

When I first played after release, I maxed out a huntress and got her her class specific legendary and almost all other slots were legendaries (all focused on hero dps and ability power). I realised at one point that my brothers Tower Squire was actually doing as much dps as me and was much more effective at taking on a full lane of enemies. So I started to level my own, by the time that I was level 20 on my squire i was much more effective myself at killing than on my huntress. I've started playing again and my squire is now lvl24 (based in dps). Heres some stats at current, Huntress lvl25 Hero Dmg 1,943.6   Ability Power 482  Squire lvl24 Hero Dmg 790.6   ability power 420.  I would also state that i dont even have spheres on my huntress at the moment but i do on my squire (just the small ones for dps and power). 

So my question is, what on earth makes the huntress worth playing as a dps character. Please dont give me this stack geysers and shoot wet creatures crap but, i dont have to do anything like that on my squire, im talking about raw hero dps here. She is a single target with weak dps. Squire is multiple target with amazing dps. 

Or am i just missing something?

Thanks.

The crits make the huntress a "monster" I'd say. The hero attack speed should be around the same. A squire can't crit. I do play with two Critical III runes and a Long Range Sphere I rune. My huntress has 2112,6 damage according to the hero sheet. My bow does additional 116,43% crit. Reading in the froum a guy posted that the critical damage from items does not stack. So right now I got 176,43% more damage when critting and when shooting from far I get a full 35% damage bonus as well. Just some math, I like math: 2112,6*1,35*2,17643 = 6205,44. So a huntress shoots around two times in a second. 6205,44/0,5=12410. I don't think any other class has optimal dps of around 12k......

U just feel like it's really difficult to always hit the monsters at the head. Sometimes I get a crit, another time I don't. Feel bugged but I'm sure it's another thing.

Edit: A squire can't crit, I've not seen mine do a critical hit so far!

No you are spot on it used to be people were aiming for 15k cannons and about that for huntress then she got mauled.

It's a known Trendyism make things fun then nuke them.

I think the Marquis De Sade is CEO.

[[59804,users]]  I have some questions then since you are a calculator. What is the the chance for you to crit and is it viable for killing off trash mobs at a fast pace. I know you have to aim for the head but ive just been testing out my damage on the dummies in the tavern and it doesnt show head shot criticals apparently. And so I take it i should be aiming for very high crit % on all my gear along side hero dmg? 

[[52650,users]]  Nice reference too French history, Im not sure many will pick up on it haha. 

I still think that huntress is (when you average things out) a worse dps character than the squire. 

The problem with the huntress right now is that we all got used to having all her talents where as now we can only have one.

To give her a boost in DPS it'd be nice to have some of the old talent effects moved to the medium slot but we don't know what plans Trendy has in store for her.

Bring us more dmg! Change out the boots to another bow.

''Boots doesn't give you more dmg'' - BRNA quote 

@CAPTAIN FABULOUS quote:

Mybrainisanut  I have some questions then since you are a calculator. What is the the chance for you to crit and is it viable for killing off trash mobs at a fast pace. I know you have to aim for the head but ive just been testing out my damage on the dummies in the tavern and it doesnt show head shot criticals apparently. And so I take it i should be aiming for very high crit % on all my gear along side hero dmg?

Yes you aim for the head to get criticals. The critical damage bonus from items does not stack according to other forum posts. So one item with a high crit damage bonus is fine. The dummies do not have those spots, sadly and so does Betsy. I absolute understand concerns about the damage on Betsy and hope they will implement a weak spot for her. Trash mobs? When I get to hit ogres in the head I crit for 16k damage. Don't ask me how or why, maybe there are some things I did not calculte as well, like my bow also reducing the resistances on hit. It definitly is viable to kill trash. On Wyvern Den I can oneshot the small wyvern, goblins and kobolds. And speaking of that I remember, the multiplier for crits should've been 3,17643 for me. Forgot the crit itself deals double the amount and is not only based off my gear and spheres. So a huntress can have 18k dps, wow.

I do play DD2 for about two weeks now and can't compare things that happened before. I don't feel like the huntress itself needs a boost but how her damage is actually distributed among the enemies. One big point for example is that the huntress does not really shoot at the point you are aiming. It's either a little bit left or right of the crosshair and especially when you use the Long Range Sphere I it's pretty dump because you either need to come a bit closer and loose damage or get further away and loose damage, too because you will most likely not crit often. So the 35% damage boost is not really effective this way and a ranged hero becomes a close range hero, again. It's a bit weird but for such stuff there is an alpha :D

This!!!! Or you know, integrate specs to be mixed in with the spheres...

@Argick quote:

The problem with the huntress right now is that we all got used to having all her talents where as now we can only have one.

To give her a boost in DPS it'd be nice to have some of the old talent effects moved to the medium slot but we don't know what plans Trendy has in store for her.