Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Trendy, The Team and You

First off, many thanks to Trendy for this exciting news of the up coming patches.  Since the announcement there have been some questions about how this will all work. So hopefully this will clarify some of the common questions I have received about the announcement and how things will work going forward.

What is The Community Team?

The Community Team is a group of interested individuals with the required talents to fix issues the community requests and to create future content (ie maps, weapons, accs). The team is not a council which decides which changes will be implemeneted other than saying what may be impossible for them to implement. The team is currently being formed and will be working with Trendy on the second update to begin the transition of releasing fixes and content to Ranked in the future.

If this interests you and you have the skills to help out with this, please contact me.  I will post a list of the team members soon so you know who will be serving you the community.

What is Trendy's Role?

Trendy is providing the first update to DD1 which will include Moonbase and some quality of life fixes as mentioned in the announcement. The second update will be handled by Trendy along with the Community Team and will likely contain another map or two as well as other fixes. After which, the Community Team will takeover development and Trendy will continue to provide a little oversight into the changes that are being implemented and make suggestions as to whether it is a good idea or not. Ultimately it is the the community that will decide what changes are made.

What is My Role as a Member of the Community?

As a member of the community you have a very important role. While you may not be creating the content or coding the fixes, you will be providing suggestions on what should actually be implemented. More importantly your job, along with Trendy and the Community Team, will be to test the changes before they are pushed to Ranked. You will be able to test out the changes on a beta branch and provide feedback on those changes before they go live.  This will be open for everyone.

I really want to help out testing maps for ranked release 

I have no skills in dddk,but if I have to I'd try to learn just for this game XD