Why does Trendy make it so there are penalties for grouping?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to agree here. My friends and I were commenting on this the other day. It's like you're punished for playing coop. What gives? I really like playing with friends, but when the game makes it so you can level, farm mana, and actually clear the levels faster and easier solo... that's just disheartening. They need to throw a bone to people that play coop.

Maybe instead of more DU's they could just make the drop rate of good gear go up as you add more people? The boss mobs DEFINITELY need to have their tables adjust based on how many people are in. There's no way I should get a flamewarder that's WORSE than the one I got on solo medium when I beat it with 2 other friends on hard. The HP difference alone should make him drop SOMETHING extra. It's just a little extreme how much harder it gets vs the rewards for playing it that way.

Throw us a bone, Trendy. We want to play it coop, I'm assuming it was meant to be played that way. Where's the reward for the added difficulty?

P.S. I should add I'm not a "numbers chaser". I don't care about top score on the survival rounds, so I'm not really into getting higher score as a reward. I guess it's your call to make it one, but I don't really see the point in it.

The game should REWARD you for going multiplayer, not PUNISH you...

Fixit.

This.

There are some pretty good suggestions in this thread already. :)

Consider it, Trendy!

I think they should reverse it, make Solo'ing harder and grouping easier.
For example, make solo equivalant to the current 2-3player groups difficulty, and 4player groups equal to solos difficulty.

That way you can try to "challenge" yourself, and keep all the rewards for yourself by doing something harder/takes longer. (Makes sense) Or group up to make it easier.

I find that I'm shying away from groups because it makes some maps impossible or unreasonably harder with more. Like Spooktacular, adds like 4k more mobs in a group o_0 Or some Challenges...

I want to party with my cousin, but I end up wanting to kick him to make it easier. Since regardless theres the same amount of DU.

Oh this, for all that is holy! I USED to play with several friends but now we all find it easier too solo or duo. :/

Well at least they scaled the number of items on the ground with number of players.... One step in the right direction.

Before that you essentially get 1/4 the loot for 4x the time spent with 4 people on any remotely hard/long level, now I guess it's 1x the loot for 4x the time? Still not that great but better.

Oh this, for all that is holy! I USED to play with several friends but now we all find it easier too solo or duo. :/

this has been my experiences as well, very frustrating

Simple way to give people a reason to play 4 player co-op:

*Godly rated items now only drop in matches that involve 4 players.

4 player co-op has more mobs AND the toughest mobs. This is where the best gear should be earned.
note: I have played this game mostly solo thus far, and would not disagree with this change. Toughest challenge should always = best items. Always.

The problem is that what would you reward the players? As it stands now, extra monsters means more drops which translates to hitting the item limit faster. This is not a true reward. Personally I'd prefer to have a quality filter where adding players removes the lower quality items and makes each and almost every drop matter or have a higher average mana cost.

I think that increasing the DU limit with each additional player would help although this is not a true reward either.

I have to admit, it is rather odd that the game is easier overall when playing on your own. I think stellarfirefly has the right idea. While in some situations having additional players is beneficial, for the most part playing alone is far easier.

Personally I'd rather they left the DU/difficulty with 4 players alone and improved the quality of drops. Not in a "godly only drops in 4 player games" but in a "each player increases the chance at a good roll" manner.

Very much in agreement, I'd like to be able to play with my friends. (We have 6 of us that play and a lot of the time theres usually four on so we try to team up and we usually do get stuff but its just SO NOT FUN!)

100% Agree
Its really annoying when you play with some friends and the game becomes nearly impossible to beat without 4 Hunters.

Improve towers for every player so you dont need Hunter for 890k Health ogre cause no other class or tower can kill them before they rip everything apart.

When you add a second player, the difficulty essentially doubles. That means someone is always being carried (as the two players are not of equal skill/gear) so you penalize the better player in this scenario cause now he has to deal with his own lanes AND help his lesser buddies.

Additionally, you get less mana since there is an Item Cap (I think, correct me if I am wrong) so when you leave all the items till the end you clip the extra items.

A few things (probably already listed by others, but I don't mind re-iterating them)
1. Tone down the Difficulty a little. When a second, third or fourth player joins the quantity of the mobs is ridiculous and discourages group play. It should be possible to carry a person if they are new, or not as effective.
2. Add a few more DUs
3. Better Drops. To encourage grouping (so carrying said person will result in more rewards for you)
4. Take away the item limit on the ground when 2 or more people are in the match.

I am new, but so far I am discouraged by the Multiplayer in this game. I have gotten to the point where I will not causally run Multi-player anymore. I will run it with my friends... but I either get in matches where I get kicked cause I am not doing good enough (I get it.. they don't want to carry a lesser player)... or the people I am with are clueless and it is next to impossible to win.

Towers have the same strength and hp in solo and four player, that is the prob.