Sign in to follow this  
Bunniecake

Tiny bit of information about incursions and farming legendaries/experience.

Alright! I did some testing out on incursions to see how much exp are we getting on incursion maps and compared them a bit.

Why did I do so? Well because the experience we gain is = the experience needed to lvl up costumes and everyone might have something they want to unlock, for example the avatar head that I just unlocked.

So basically I did all the maps on hardmode and had 1-3 friends to help me out with building fast. The builds were pure monk build or monk with a geyser from huntress. All the Lightning auras were built by me. 

The clocked time is from the moment the round/building phase begins to the very moment when the timer to the tavern or replay ends. The exp gain is based on before round and after round experience progress on costumes.

I used the 2 20% exp spheres and my legendary experience gear that has 5 lvl 20 legendary parts with bonus experience when killed by defenses. All the 5 parts have about 12% bonus to it. So my total exp bonus was bout 100%. But the fact that which one gives more exp and which is faster is accurate for everyone, even without an experience bonus.

So we have 5 incursion maps, 2 old ones and 3 new ones.

Forest Crossroads

I did 2 runs and the fastest time we managed was 14 minutes 15 seconds, The exp gained ~325k / run

Liferoot Forest

I did 2 runs and the fastest time we managed was 13 minutes 22 seconds, The exp gained ~285k / run (Quab alive). This map has a subcore so I had to test it without it as well, 14minutes 13 seconds, The exp gained ~254k / run (Quab dead)

The Wyvern Den

I did only one run because it was significantly less and took more time to build, about 20 minutes for 1 run and several minutes to build to have it all ready at wawe 1 as monk only, The exp gained ~120k / run

The Ramparts

I did 2 runs, 12 minutes 12 seconds, The exp gained ~320k / run (Sub core alive)

Tested without the subcore! 12 minutes 32 seconds, the exp gained ~362k / run (Sub core dead)

Forgotten Ruins

I did one run, 13 minutes 40 seconds, The exp gained ~284k / run (Sub cores alive)

Tested also without the 2 sub cores, 15 minutes 25 seconds, The exp gained ~304k / run (Sub cores dead)

After all this testing, what I know now is that. The Ramparts.. the bloody ramparts is the fastest and gives us the most exp at the same time. So most legendaries and experience in the shortest time is gained by farming ramparts. 

(/( x___x )\)

The worst map to gain experience is Betsy map and it's also the slowest to get legendaries, however it's the only map that can give us the betsy exclusive weapons.

Ramparts has 4 bosses, Liferoot forest has also 4 bosses, so those 2 are both quite fast in terms of getting legendaries fast. Liferoot forest is easier to farm because the bosses can be stun locked by cannons or geyser+lightning combo. Monk uber is also so strong that you can now afk the ogres and you need only 1 of the auras to kill the ogre without kiting or tanking.

Also I've been wondering what gives us more exp, should we save the subcore or not. Well with these tests, on ruins and ramparts by letting the subcore die and having 100% exp boost we got more exp. But on liferoot forest we get less exp by letting the Quab die! So save the Quab!

I felt like sharing this with everyone so I didn't test for nothing :)

Maybe ramparts is so fast because you played it so much (last patch man, blame last patch) and you can build so much faster.

Also i guess some maps have more mobs by letting sub fall, which results in more exp by killing those many mobs than the exp you'd get form the boost of the exp of keeping core

@Gutu quote:

Maybe ramparts is so fast because you played it so much (last patch man, blame last patch) and you can build so much faster.

We did all we could to build as fast as we can and the base idea of the build was exactly the same every time, LAs + boost as close to spawns as possible, or in a place that is required to kill flyers. Ogres were handled by single LA uber aura. That wasn't near the spawn. All the builds we used were 100% afk proof after first wawe and like I said they shared the base idea so the speed was all about the monsters dying and how they come out in the maps. Including the boss spawn ratio. The building time wasnt so different in them, ruins without sub cores took about 1minute when the others were all around 50s +/- 1-2s so it wasnt the building time. The maps have different type of spawners and all :)

*EDIT* also in ramparts I had to swap between uber and no uber at forge. That cost some more time compared to others so.. :)

With fast building phases my lowest times were right around 12mins for ramparts before the patch (so much less tower dps then), currently liferoot with a fast build (me and at least 1 other person helping build) my clear time was between 11 and 11.5mins (la at entrances w/ geysers and saving the quab).

Just some extra times for though...

EDIT - I did not count the results screen duration in my overall time

@BallsOut quote:

With fast building phases my lowest times were right around 12mins for ramparts before the patch (so much less tower dps then), currently liferoot with a fast build (me and at least 1 other person helping build) my clear time was between 11 and 11.5mins (la at entrances w/ geysers and saving the quab).

Just some extra times for though...

I hope you were clocking them the same way, from when u finish the loading screen to the moment u leave to tavern or replay the map as the 30s timer in the end finishes. Those are in the times I mentioned here. But ofc some seconds can be squashed away :P

Ya, I was throwing in that edit as you were posting that probably...

The takeaway I had from my times is that liferoot is faster (even accounting for increased tower dps on ramparts).  Note that I did not do this for xp and instead did it for clear times and likely average drops.

As always ymmv

@keona quote:

How much difference is the xp between builder and leecher?

Usually you'll only note difference through the challenges, since there are many more tower achievements than combat achievements and the builder can still get both. (feats may also contribute). But it's the same, all players get xp from all mobs killed by towers and by heroes.