Sign in to follow this  
Tigorus

25++ and Progression

So I've done nothing but play DD2 and sleep since Thursday night (being sick has it's advantages) and I've hit a wall in regards to progression. I'm running Monk/Hunt/Apren. and I can't progress past 25++ in solo mode. Is that intended? I was farming 25+ and getting an average of 5 Legendary's per run but nothing above item level 90ish. When I play 25++ I would see 1 Legendary drop maybe once in 5 maps. I also noticed that 80% of the time wave bosses and Ogres didn't drop anything and if they did it was usually an egg or a blue. Is this typical or a bug?...please tell me it's a bug. My stats are pretty much as high as they can go based on the gear I'm able to get from 25+ since I'm not getting anything from 25++. I tried a few multiplayer matches on 25++ and when I asked none of us got anything from Ogres or other wave bosses. I know they mentioned the "no loot on wave bosses" seemed to be a bug on the dev. stream a few weeks ago. So I'm asking how I can progress? Am I supposed to be doing hard mode? Do I need to do more group stuff? My play schedule usually only allows for solo play during the day so that would suck if I can only progress multiplayer. My stats are at a point where 25++ normal is a joke but 25+++ is too much (wave mods just have too much HP). Thanks in advance.

I can confirm that your not the only person experiencing this.  Ogres drop nothing for me on 25++ but always drop things when playing 25+++.  

I would recommend soung group play as there is a higher chance for items to drop with  normal enemies.  It does suck though and I feel your pain  

You dont need legendaries to do 25+++.

lvl 25 Mythic items are ~power level 130+, with the only stronger items being lvl 24 and 25 legendaries.

The game suggests an item level above 100 to do incursions and the best players can do them in much less.

@Syclic quote:

lvl 25 Mythic items are ~power level 130+, with the only stronger items being lvl 24 and 25 legendaries.

The game suggests an item level above 100 to do incursions and the best players can do them in much less.

I know you don't "need" Legendary's to gain in power I was just stating that they weren't dropping at all on 25++. I might need to change my strat. for 25+++ solo then. I'm using the Apren. chill beam with L.A.'s with both the DP and DS over 1000 as well as Hunt water trap and I was having issues.

As an update though I wonder if today's patch/hot fix fixed this issue. I posted this topic as my client was updating. I just did a 25++ Wyvern Den and for the first time (for me) all of the wave bosses dropped loot (over 100 item level and mostly purples), including the Ogre! I'll run a few more and make sure this isn't a fluke and report my findings. 

@Syclic quote:

i used to do incursions with rare helm, legendary weapon and medallion and the rest epic and it was smooth so i'd say myth with rare is enough for it

@itssirtou quote:

How do the tiers work exactly? Epic-Legendary-Mythic?

Legendary (orange) < Mythical(purple) < Rare (blue) <Crap<Crap<Crap<Worn

O.k. so they seem to have fixed the issue with this mornings hot fix. I just ran 4 25++ solo maps and EVERY wave boss and ogre dropped loot (usually purples and blues with some oranges). This is actually fun again. Grinding 25+ over and over hoping for an upgrade was starting to suck. I've already gotten 6 upgrades this morning after not replacing a single piece after 16 hours of play yesterday....That's not just luck.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tower stats should I have for solo 25+++ (Incursions)?

Thanks for the fix devs...back to grinding.

@Tigorus quote:

O.k. so they seem to have fixed the issue with this mornings hot fix. I just ran 4 25++ solo maps and EVERY wave boss and ogre dropped loot (usually purples and blues with some oranges). This is actually fun again. Grinding 25+ over and over hoping for an upgrade was starting to suck. I've already gotten 6 upgrades this morning after not replacing a single piece after 16 hours of play yesterday....That's not just luck.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tower stats should I have for solo 25+++ (Incursions)?

Thanks for the fix devs...back to grinding.

builder i'd recommend around 900DP-900DS with related special stats, more specifics depend on the characters you're using.