Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 20

@iamisom quote:

There's some great feedback in this thread. We originally began this series because our chat was relatively dead when we first started up our Devstreams. For the past month or so, our stream chat has been flooded with questions. I believe there's room for both forum and chat questions. What TheCrimsonTea said is interesting, so let me ask you this:

How do you feel about a weekly forum thread asking for questions, and I'll pick the 5-10 most interesting questions for the hosts?

@IcyOrca quote:

@iamisom quote:

How do you feel about a weekly forum thread asking for questions, and I'll pick the 5-10 most interesting questions for the hosts?

Progress but I also believe that anyone on the council should have more say as promised at the start, iam not sure about others but myself and a few friends all being council members first gen are feeling a bit ignored, and I understand that the team can't get to everyone so it can be a difficult situation.

Warframe has a design council sub forum exclusive for council members. In that forum, the council will get sneak peaks on future content, exclusive polls for deciding content or helping developers choose, as well as posting ideas to a subject the developers provide.

I don't think that council members opinion are more important than the regular user. Both have valid thing's to contribute with. However, I do believe from what I have heard, that council members do not have the benefit suited for their title. 

Here is what I suggest:

- Make a council sub forum

- Make a "Question for dev stream" thread on both the council forum and regular forum

- pick 7 or 8 council questions and 2-3 questions from regular members

- Make a "Question for dev stream" thread on both the council forum and regular forum

We do have a Council only forum its not much different though 

The idea to have a few questions chosen from both pools works.

@IcyOrca quote:

Ah okay, I wasn't aware

@Spirit Essence quote:

@IcyOrca quote:

Ah okay, I wasn't aware

you can google the council and there is an article on the wiki what we are if you are curious.

@iamisom quote:

It's better than getting repeated questions. I would guess to avoid people wasting time with non "interesting" questions you could set up some bases of what would be of interest. Like i don't think that ETAs are usually of much interest because the answer is mostly Soon™

@iamisom quote:

That would be very nice indeed. And if you wished you could also provide us with a stream theme so we can try to ask questions more related to that theme.

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

@iamisom quote:

That would be very nice indeed. And if you wished you could also provide us with a stream theme so we can try to ask questions more related to that theme.

Very good idea. I don't think I could provide this every time, but when I can, I'll include it.

Also [[13671,users]], I host a chat with Councillors every Monday. Check the Defense Council subforum for more details.