Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 20

I hate to keep bringing this up, I simply feel it needs further discussion.

Can we expect to see reward for building a character around player damage, or is DD2 stepping away from that element of the game? I personally feel as though I am playing a standard tower defense game with a 3rd person camera as opposed to top down. The hero's themselves could be taken out of the game completely and we wouldn't see much difference in gameplay.

Foundation patch 2 or 1 seems to have added a delay on tower targeting (especially canon/flameburst/ballista). tower take around 0.5sec to switch target now, resulting in dropping the actual DPS dramatically and the viability of Apprentice/squire build. Was it intended?

When you gone tell as something about new characters?

Or

Just say that they are coming in this patch or another

@wizardjam2 quote:

WHEN WILL IT BE FOR MAC LIKE WHEN WILL IT BE FOR MAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other platform released will come when the actual PC release is officially 'released'. Working on several platforms at once would slow down the overall progress on the game.

Will you be increasing the amount of betsy tokens you get for daily missions so that is doesn't take months to get anything of value?

Question 1 :

Are you going to provide more incentive for the hardcore players to play the game ? Some of us wanted to play the game more , but after the first daily it just seems pretty pointless to play the game at the moment

Question 2 :

I think the perma CC like  stun ( heroes spamming the same skills over and over ) , freeze  and drench is taking away all the challenges of the new map , do you plan to address this in the higher level difficulty ?  Eg : the Lady Orc boss from the life root map ( hard ) is doing insane dmg , I know her dmg will be adjusted eventually but for now you could have a 100 dps tower but 5 geysers ahead  , the boss would be dancing permanently on the air and die a slow but painful death from a 100 dps flame burst...

The game is still in Alpha-Phase for that reason , if we are going to see anything in the future thats probably character wipes to all players. Not account bans.

@Zarx quote:

"What do you think about exploits in game? For example a lot of people used boots bug to instant kill Betsy and farm items, or exp their costume. Now it makes the whole game unbalanced. So please, can you take some actions like account ban for few days, a jail system or whatever...?"

Can we get the auto level as an option, and have the choice to apply stats how we'd like? I know some players that would rather put points into their hero upon leveling, rather than have the stats applied for them.

Also, will the DLC characters from DD1 be an eventuality? And if so, will variants, like the Amazon and Demoness, be separate characters, or skins?

1.) What is black-texted damage? I may have missed something that explains this, or it could be from DD1 which I have limited experience with. It happens every time I hit a healer-mob, and sometimes I see it randomly pop up on other mobs usually killing them outright with 100k+ damage.

2.) Will we see any other elemental combos anytime soon? I'm sure this is on your minds, but getting tired of playing Monk/Huntress every game because it flat out beats any other combination by miles.

Geyser -> Shock Aura -> Anit-air Turret. This setup is relatively cheap and nothing except ogres can get through it most of the time. If they aren't being electrocuted they are tossed into the air and peppered by the anti-air turret. Not to imply that this combo shouldn't exist, only that it's overly powerful and negates the usefulness of the other 13 defenses in the game. A poison combo would be nice to see as I love the look/animation and sound of the poison dart tower, maybe combustible with fire for an explosion? Not ignite but an AoE impact finisher or something.

Some of the question asked in this thread are quite interesting, even I would like to know the answer . Maybe the dev have something up their sleeve which they couldn't reveal yet , I can understand.

But the entire thread is basically ignored during the stream  ( beside questions that were already answered by player asking similar questions from stream or from before )

What is the point of us posting our question here earlier then ? Not every one of us are in the same time zone , when you are streaming some of us might be still sleeping or even working for that matter. The only chance for us to ask dev question is to post here before the stream starts ...

Very disappointed and I won't be bothered to post things into asking question here anymore.

So much for a defense council position

@Senorita quote:

Some of the question asked in this thread arequite interesting, even I would like to know the answer . Maybe the dev have something up their sleeve which they couldn't reveal yet , I can understand.

But the entire thread is basically ignored during the stream  ( beside questions that were already answered by player asking similar questions from stream or from before )

What is the point of us posting our question here earlier than ? Not every one of us are in the same time zone , when you are streaming some of us might be still sleeping or even working for that matter. The only chance for us to ask dev question is to post here before the stream starts

Very disappointed and I won't be bothered to post things into asking question here anymore.

I will agree, I'm a bit disappointed that many of the questions here were not addressed. Trendy could do better at managing their time to be sure to do so, but it's not the end of the world, so no need to go to such an extreme. The best thing to do is make it known your concerns over the questions so that they can try to improve for future Dev Streams.

@Senorita quote:

Some of the question asked in this thread are quite interesting, even I would like to know the answer . Maybe the dev have something up their sleeve which they couldn't reveal yet , I can understand.

What is the point of us posting our question here earlier than ? Not every one of us are in the same time zone , when you are streaming some of us might be still sleeping or even working for that matter. The only chance for us to ask dev question is to post here before the stream starts

I was about to ask that too. Every answer they gave started with "Someone in the chat asks...".

They have said in the past that questions from Twitch chat are more of a priority for them to answer.

@Syclic quote:

They have said in the past that questions from Twitch chat are more of a priority for them to answer.

@iamisom quote:

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream this Friday at 5PM EDT.

Please only post two questions per person. Also, keep in mind that we'll be focusing first on the questions being asked in the livestream chat, so be sure to tune in!

Seems a little bit off then dont you think? I was there for the entire stream. I didnt want to re-ask my question to give everyone a fair chance and to not flood the chat even further. I was glad I was active on the forums to grab a slot in first page , thinking that my question would be definitely noticed. It looks like questions from here were not even bothered to be looked after which is a shame.

By all means they did an amazing job answering TONS of questions. But why do this to us? I mean if you are not even gonna bother with the thread , why start it?

Warframe does a Dev stream each 2 weeks, and their Community Manager makes it work is by making a thread asking people for questions (a couple of days prior to the stream itself), She then makes a piece of paper with some of the most asked, mos interesting and more relevant questions, and then during the stream she asks those questions to the Devs.
In this example, mostly they ask and answer stuff from the forum, and Devs sporadically reply to questions from the chat.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the stream and the behind the scenes look, and the weekly spoilarinos, but ignoring the forum posts which the only purpose is to get questions...

There's some great feedback in this thread. We originally began this series because our chat was relatively dead when we first started up our Devstreams. For the past month or so, our stream chat has been flooded with questions. I believe there's room for both forum and chat questions. What [[63938,users]] said is interesting, so let me ask you this:

How do you feel about a weekly forum thread asking for questions, and I'll pick the 5-10 most interesting questions for the hosts?

@iamisom quote:

How do you feel about a weekly forum thread asking for questions, and I'll pick the 5-10 most interesting questions for the hosts?

Progress but I also believe that anyone on the council should have more say as promised at the start, iam not sure about others but myself and a few friends all being council members first gen are feeling a bit ignored, and I understand that the team can't get to everyone so it can be a difficult situation.

@iamisom quote:

There's some great feedback in this thread. We originally began this series because our chat was relatively dead when we first started up our Devstreams. For the past month or so, our stream chat has been flooded with questions. I believe there's room for both forum and chat questions. What TheCrimsonTea said is interesting, so let me ask you this:

Isn't that what is happening now? 

@iamisom quote:

Sounds cool to me. :-)