Uber Flamethrower Sphere!

Thanks for the feedback! I've sent this to our design team. Keep up the great work, Defenders.

@iamisom quote:

Thanks for the feedback! I've sent this to our design team. Keep up the great work, Defenders.

No problem! Great playing with you the other day! Love this community.

I feel bad about spending wyvern tokens on the flametower because its nowhere near the effectiveness of the normal one :( I should've saved for Betsy..

So I got this Uber to play around with it and try to find a way to make it work, and I couldn't. It is meant for AoE dps but the fire burst does a tremendously better job, as others have explained. I also found out, however, that Flamethrowers can't angle their attacks upwards to deal with air. It will only attack units at ground level. It will still sometimes shoot in the direction of air units though, maybe tagging one of them with slight dps...

• 1 month later...

@CAPSisHARDCORE quote:

I also found out, however, that Flamethrowers can't angle their attacks upwards to deal with air. It will only attack units at ground level. It will still sometimes shoot in the direction of air units though, maybe tagging one of them with slight dps...

Yeah I found this to be a huge downside. If air enemies are in range then the flamethrowers should at least be able to attack them.

• 3 months later...

The Flamethrower is actually pretty good if you are using Oily Harpoons.

It is good at reducing Goblins, Warboars, skeleton hordes and even busted up Kobolds and Orcs to nothing if placed behind a wall.

The con is anything far enough renders it useless and splash attack enemies like Ogres or Quibly can wreck it fast without hero or other tower backup.

I use them on Physical resist lanes like all the time and have had success on many levels with their application.

• 3 weeks later...

wow, I'm amazed to read that everyone thinks flamethrower sucks... I'm liking it A LOT O_o

Altough I'm nowhere near endgame NM4 like most of the people around here, it seems... I've just got my 4th hero to 50 and am building up the iPWR now - can do iLVL 160-180 maps (beginner insane maps) pretty easily, and am loving the firethrower, actually.

I put 2 near each entrance, a full-range-upgrade freeze tower ways off from it, but still reaching the entrance, and then wrap it up with an oily ballista and squire's barrier which I forgot the name. On fully upgraded FTs, not even the exploding Kobolds get past those two tongues of flames, and not even Ogres are much of a problem - specially since the squire's barrier has a higher aggro then the FTs so it draws the attention away from them.

@proveisso quote:

wow, I'm amazed to read that everyone thinks flamethrower sucks... I'm liking it A LOT O_o

Altough I'm nowhere near endgame NM4 like most of the people around here, it seems... I've just got my 4th hero to 50 and am building up the iPWR now - can do iLVL 160-180 maps (beginner insane maps) pretty easily, and am loving the firethrower, actually.

I put 2 near each entrance, a full-range-upgrade freeze tower ways off from it, but still reaching the entrance, and then wrap it up with an oily ballista and squire's barrier which I forgot the name. On fully upgraded FTs, not even the exploding Kobolds get past those two tongues of flames, and not even Ogres are much of a problem - specially since the squire's barrier has a higher aggro then the FTs so it draws the attention away from them.

Then you sir are going to love the 70% crowd control resistance they get later on in random lanes.

@Cyrius quote:

Then you sir are going to love the 70% crowd control resistance they get later on in random lanes.

that makes no sense, what could flame have to do with cc? O.o

@proveisso quote:

that makes no sense, what could flame have to do with cc? O.o

Sigh. You were talking about the flamethrower being so good since they are in the flames for so long because you are slowing them with "a full-range-upgrade freeze tower". Sigh. I almost thought you were someone else than the person who I quoted because you probably didn't read that part. So you actually typed it out.

@Cyrius quote:

Sigh. You were talking about the flamethrower being so good since they are in the flames for so long because you are slowing them with "a full-range-upgrade freeze tower". Sigh. I almost thought you were someone else than the person who I quoted because you probably didn't read that part. So you actually typed it out.

ahhh sorry for that, my mistake, I thought you were focusing on the flamethrower, my bad!

but freeze tower don't slow/freeze in area, does it? isn't it only 1 enemy at a time?

@proveisso quote:

@Cyrius quote:

Sigh. You were talking about the flamethrower being so good since they are in the flames for so long because you are slowing them with "a full-range-upgrade freeze tower". Sigh. I almost thought you were someone else than the person who I quoted because you probably didn't read that part. So you actually typed it out.

ahhh sorry for that, my mistake, I thought you were focusing on the flamethrower, my bad!

but freeze tower don't slow/freeze in area, does it? isn't it only 1 enemy at a time?

It's ok. And it DOES slow in an area around the slowed monster as well. It only freezes the primary target though occasionally with the sphere. 

@AshaMarie quote:

*looks at topic start date*

I loled.

Yeah those necros man Emoji_Orc.png.

• 3 weeks later...

@Underlander quote:

still sucks

@McJohnson quote:

have the flamethrower uber sphere stats been changed already? thinking about getting the sphere 

What planet do you live on!? They are actually quite good if you know what you are doing with them.

@AshaMarie quote:

*looks at topic start date*

I loled.

So did i XD.

They are pretty good currently, having a big range (all range spheres, stats from hero, passivs on gear is working on them) and a really good damage output overall. I do like earth towers more tho. Bigger spikes and higher range, and ignore obstacles <3.

I love them as well, I personally have alright mage gear. My dps on a T1 Turret is 6500. I was messing around in a match and saw that when affected by a frosty they spike dramatically. My T1 Turret went from 6.5k to about 10k to about 15k. In another instance my 17k T3 spiked to 36k. And with my current range they can cover quite a bit of the lane positioned correctly. Just try to avoid getting an ogre to stomp :P

@DskDemonic quote:

I love them as well, I personally have alright mage gear. My dps on a T1 Turret is 6500. I was messing around in a match and saw that when affected by a frosty they spike dramatically. My T1 Turret went from 6.5k to about 10k to about 15k. In another instance my 17k T3 spiked to 36k. And with my current range they can cover quite a bit of the lane positioned correctly. Just try to avoid getting an ogre to stomp :P

You notice something quit alot fail to see =). The towers in general have a much much higher DP scaling then traps/auras. If you place them right, like you do, they get insane amount of a damage output. Also ogre jump can be easily avoided, don't go close to the ogre, he only jumps when a player is close ;).