Uber Flamethrower Sphere!

Just bought the uber flamethrower sphere, and the dps is 2k roughly, fully maxed upgrade with my armour im wearing,  the range is pretty small, but the 360 degree radius is a plus, the aggro they take is very little unless you place it on the lanes they walk, but thats all.

apparently the flamethrower is single target dps which results it being an average of 2k per target when it says 22k

Flamethrower Tower: DPS - 22150.    Max Health - 6344,     ATK DMG - 859,     ATK Range - 1795,      ATK Rate - 0.04s
e0pyyd.jpg

Flameburst Tower: DPS - 9229,     Max Health - 4148,     ATK DMG - 5374      ATK Range - 3918      ATK Rate - 0.58s
rjfi9t.jpg

The Max Upgraded Range Difference.
ofdq8k.jpg

So it only does ~2.2k dps per target?  Does it have a 10 target cap or something then?  It seems to be using the (buggy) skyguard dps readout (basically single target dps * target cap).  That's honestly really terrible compared to the regular flameburst.

@SeanPoe quote:

So it only does ~2.2k dps per target?  Does it have a 10 target cap or something then?  It seems to be using the (buggy) skyguard dps readout (basically single target dps * target cap).  That's honestly really terrible compared to the regular flameburst.

apparently so, thats the dps per target, and i dont know if it has a limit to the number of targets it has, which i would hope it doesnt, because a flamethrower attacks anything that comes into range of its flames.

and yes it is pretty terrible, but its still fun using it in some maps, but overall the normal flames beat this,

That's really disappointing. After hearing about how bad the elemental chaos uber was, I was looking forward to being able to afford the flamethrower. I mean, it now looks like the only uber even worth grabbing is the LA one, and even the balance on that is waaay off.

Honestly, I don't know what devs are thinking when they put something like this out. Like, how could they miss this? Oh, my normal flameburst does 10k+ dps at over 4k range. Lets just add this here uber and, whoops, it's doing a 5th of that now, at shorter range, yet erroneously displays a massive dps value due to an attack rate it clearly isn't living up to. Oh well, I guess it's fine. 

I mean come on, they have internal play-testing for new stuff, even before we get it. They played with these in the devstreams. I saw that the flamethrower used in this latest devstream was terrible, but reasoned it was because it was summoned by a "full ability power apprentice" as stated in the video. There is literally no way they don't know about how terribly balanced these ubers are, unless they were just thrown in last minute, and somebody slapped random numbers on them and thought, "yeah that sounds about right," with no testing at all.

they need to rebalance every uber sphere, of course it cant be perfect 1st go, but the stats and dps on them all is pretty farfetched i must say.

I just can't believe how bad this tower is compared to the standard flame tower.....................

@Bonzai101 quote:

I just can't believe how bad this tower is compared to the standard flame tower.....................

the speed is fine, its just the range and power is ridiculously low

@Kaden quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

Although, it has a less crowd-control right?

@Crocozilla quote:

@Kaden quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

mmmmm why would flame towers cc?

@Kaden quote:

@Crocozilla quote:

@Kaden quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

They may mean how it builds less threat than the standard tower. (I could be wrong, though.)

I'm glad I haven't bothered with the tokens too much. Not that I would buy them at the ridiculous price they are at right now, anyway, but after looking at them, completely crap. The lightning aura, sure, it's nice, but that's going to be toned wayyyyy down, so I'm going to wait to buy it, because it could be nerfed into oblivion when people start in with the whining about it. Huntress trap sucks hardcore. The flamethrower looks like it's mediocre at best, and I'm not sure how the squire one is, but I'm going to venture to say that it's either good, or just bland as well.

I for one, will be sitting on tokens and waiting for balance changes to roll around.

Flamethrower DPS in the tooltip isn't working at all after the hotfix at least for me.

kmGjDYL.png

Tested on training dummy single target

Flamethrower:

• Tier 1 - DPS: 890
  • Tier 5 - DPS: 2500 

Flameburst:

• Tier 1 - DPS: 3900
  • Tier 5 - DPS: 12000

Apprentice defense range spheres do not apply to the flamethrower tower which is counter intuitive as the range tooltip states "Increases range of all apprentice defenses". The "increase in all projectile tower range" that you find on gear also has no effect. 

I'm no doubt close to best in slot gear 1223 defense power, 1200 defense speed, 40% increased flameburst damage (Don't think this is even possible any more after the pet update) and the tower performance is just awful. In my opinion a lower ranged tower that has to be placed danger close in order to function should do significantly more damage than its longer ranged counterpart sitting safely in the back lines.

Sad to say but Ambiguous hit the nail on the head here. Really disappointing.

@Tristaris quote:

@Kaden quote:

@Crocozilla quote:

@Kaden quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

They may mean how it builds less threat than the standard tower. (I could be wrong, though.)

I'm glad I haven't bothered with the tokens too much. Not that I would buy them at the ridiculous price they are at right now, anyway, but after looking at them, completely crap. The lightning aura, sure, it's nice, but that's going to be toned wayyyyy down, so I'm going to wait to buy it, because it could be nerfed into oblivion when people start in with the whining about it. Huntress trap sucks hardcore. The flamethrower looks like it's mediocre at best, and I'm not sure how the squire one is, but I'm going to venture to say that it's either good, or just bland as well.

I for one, will be sitting on tokens and waiting for balance changes to roll aro

thats what i thought, yeah you might wanna save your tokens, but im still happy mine were spent, they might get refunded or most likely the ubers themselves will get reworked again, and be better than the standard turrets because we used so many tokens for them.

@Chris the ranger quote:

Am i the only one who noticed that the flamethrower tower in OP's first picture is firing at a much slower rate than what the stats imply?

its firing at a pretty fast pace, just the screen shot didnt get as many damage numbers in thats all.

@Yuwee quote:

Flamethrower DPS in the tooltip isn't working at all after the hotfix at least for me.

kmGjDYL.png

Tested on training dummy single target

Flamethrower:

• Tier 1 - DPS: 890
  • Tier 5 - DPS: 2500 

Flameburst:

• Tier 1 - DPS: 3900
  • Tier 5 - DPS: 12000

Apprentice defense range spheres do not apply to the flamethrower tower which is counter intuitive as the range tooltip states "Increases range of all apprentice defenses". The "increase in all projectile tower range" that you find on gear also has no effect. 

I'm no doubt close to best in slot gear 1223 defense power, 1200 defense speed, 40% increased flameburst damage (Don't think this is even possible any more after the pet update) and the tower performance is just awful. In my opinion a lower ranged tower that has to be placed danger close in order to function should do significantly more damage than its longer ranged counterpart sitting safely in the back lines.

Sad to say but Ambiguous hit the nail on the head here. Really disappointing.

yeah after that hotfix, i got the same  tooltip, i was like huh.. doesnt apply the boost and show the dps, but the damage and dps are the same, just it doesnt show it on the graph, where my other flameburst shows fine.

i dont know if its possible anymore, i didnt gear myself fully before pet patch, but i wouldnt be surprised if they brought in another item wipe.

it does have to be very close to danger, but thankfully they allowed that turret's aggro very low, which is surprising, they made that correct, but yes that damage does fall dramatically in this, and i feel like its just a blaze balloon but in a turret form, and i feel like it should leave an over time burn on it aswell.

The reason why uber is so expensive, is because they wanted more time before needing to fix it, I am sure.

If it is really cheap, Trendy would have to see all these legitimate concerns and start fixing stuff already. Now it is 60 tokens, Trendy successfully delay the need to push out this fix by almost 3 weeks. I personally think this is very smart move for their resource management team.

@SorakaPlz quote:

The reason why uber is so expensive, is because they wanted more time before needing to fix it, I am sure.

If it is really cheap, Trendy would have to see all these legitimate concerns and start fixing stuff already. Now it is 60 tokens, Trendy successfully delay the need to push out this fix by almost 3 weeks. I personally think this is very smart move for their resource management team.

i think you are very right lmfao....

cannon uber looks like a grey booger with no shading now. isnstead of the bouncing ball from a disney sing along.

it simply slides out the front of cannons and booger slides across the floor doing a very horizontal splash damage.

BOOGER SPLASHES FOR EVERYONE. Jester_Forum_icon2.png "its so funny to look at" Jester_Forum_icon2.png

@Chris the ranger quote:

Am i the only one who noticed that the flamethrower tower in OP's first picture is firing at a much slower rate than what the stats imply?

its firing at a pretty fast pace, just the screen shot didnt get as many damage numbers in thats all.

In the screenshot it's clearly firing at 2.5 shots per second yet according to the stats it should be firing at 25 shots per second. The DPS that's shown in the stats is correct if it actually fired 25 shots per second.

with this uber sphere mine flame towers became zero dmg towers they deal less dmg than tier 1 ele aura with less tower stats it feels like it deal even less dmg than my huntress ballon with tower hp / tower speed stats mage.png

@Spirit Essence quote:

Im not getting any of the ubers. They are so disappointing to me. 

i wouldnt say disappointing, they just need some major tweaking, but the concept is their and i use the flamethrower randomly in maps to have some fun, but i doubt a whole map build with the ubers can be successful.

@Kaden quote:

@Spirit Essence quote:

i wouldnt say disappointing, they just need some major tweaking, but the concept is their and i use the flamethrower randomly in maps to have some fun, but i doubt a whole map build with the ubers can be successful.

They are disappointing to ME. basically the only uber I can currently have for app, completely change my entire build a certain way that I dont like. I dont have options. It's not like the sphere is viable in many ways, it's such a narrow minded concept if you ask me. At least for now. Yey flamethrowers (5 spear casters and a grenade mini boss screws you over).

@Spirit Essence quote:

@Kaden quote:

@Spirit Essence quote:

They are disappointing to ME. basically the only uber I can currently have for app, completely change my entire build a certain way that I dont like. I dont have options. It's not like the sphere is viable in many ways, it's such a narrow minded concept if you ask me. At least for now. Yey flamethrowers (5 spear casters and a grenade mini boss screws you over).

have you tried taking the sphere off and still work with flameBURST towers? then tried incorporating the flameTHROWERS into the build.

@Kaden quote:

@Spirit Essence quote:

@Kaden quote:

@Spirit Essence quote:

have you tried taking the sphere off and still work with flameBURST towers? then tried incorporating the flameTHROWERS into the build.

Nope, my opinion is based 100% of ignorant speculation and assumption :P

Increase turret rotation speed (a lot!), raise the dps, and have flames apply a temporary debuff (lower resistance?).