Sign in to follow this  
NoMercy[CORSAIRS]

Best uber to buy first??

Let other people blow their points first see what the positive and negatives are before you buy.  Thus far Trendy has not disclosed the full details of the uber effects.  obviously had they told everybody that the  new elemental uber would nerf their towers below their current DPS they probably wouldn't have spent the 60 points on it. let other people explore the effects of the new traverse said that you don't have to be the one slapped in the face by the lack of forethought

Monk Uber is massively Overtuned

Huntress one is bogged down by bugs

Apprentice and Squire ones are situational.

This is based on my opinion or short info and observations:

1. Monk: It feels so unbalanced in high damage way, it can 3-4 hit an ogre, which means 30 DU in something that will simply take care of the ogre if it's inside a boost aura, let me repeat, the ogre can't leave the elec aura alive if placed correctly.
  2. Squire: Well you lose the ability to target air enemies but you get something different, haven't really heard enough of it but it didn't sound as strange as apprentice's flameburst
  3. Apprentice: Well it's not really bad but from what i saw on the devstream it really wasn't something better than the normal flameburst, however the 360 degree spinning and the low threat generation might make it better than what i think.
  4. Huntress: from what i read from on Syclic's post about his info on the uber, it's simply bad atm due to some bugs i'd guess.

So short answer: Monk so far is better, but expect balance to happen when more people start getting, the one that's best right now might not be the best later. 

@itssirtou quote:

Sounds like wait it out

Wisest thing to do >_> just... don't waste it all on lockboxes! I know it's tempting to gamble on accessories! 

@Gutu quote:

Wisest thing to do >_> just... don't waste it all on lockboxes! I know it's tempting to gamble on accessories! 

Way ahead of you, all of the base character designs are good enough for me, except the Squire (stupid shirt is stupid) but I solved that with the other skin set! Plus they sell for pretty good coin...

Haven't got to try the monk Uber, for obvious reason, but since there will be a 55% nerf to LAR + 60% nerf to boost. Monk's uber won't feel as overpower as is depicted in this thread. Maybe the other Uber just need work.

So stats on the LSA.

7.75xDP vs 0.25xDP (Upgrade rate is same as before 1x, 2x ,3x, 4x, 5x)

3.63 base attack rate vs 1.25

Basic math says that the LSA does 10.67 times more dps than the LA. That's balancing around the LA hitting on average 10.67 enemies anytime it's dealing damage.

Forgoing adding passives into the equation, LSA still does 3.4 times the damage of a Cannonball Tower at tier 1 and 5.6 times the damage at tier 5.

The only evident downside to LSA is it's small charge. Without extra DH it hits ~36 times before running out at tier 1 (not thoroughly tested for exact number). Consuming repair mana at roughly 5-6 times the rate of normal LAs.

@Syclic quote:

So stats on the LSA.

7.75xDP vs 0.25xDP (Upgrade rate is same as before 1x, 2x ,3x, 4x, 5x)

3.63 base attack rate vs 1.25

Basic math says that the LSA does 10.67 times more dps than the LA. That's balancing around the LA hitting on average 10.67 enemies anytime it's dealing damage.

Forgoing adding passives into the equation, LSA still does 3.4 times the damage of a Cannonball Tower at tier 1 and 5.6 times the damage at tier 5.

The only evident downside to LSA is it's small charge. Without extra DH it hits ~36 times before running out at tier 1 (not thoroughly tested for exact number). Consuming repair mana at roughly 5-6 times the rate of normal LAs.

The other day I watch kraith88 stream, I think he said the LSA has increase attack rate on upgrade. Might have been misheard tho.

That is correct, the aura's attack rate decreases with each upgrade.  Ontop of what ever speed you can get to via gear.

It almost seems like the lightning strikes aura is something they developed a long time ago and just dropped in when they finally had the system for it.

LSA has 3+ times the dps of any defense.

LSA costs 45 mana. the only defense that does not cost a multiple of 10.

LSA attack rate lowers as it levels. The only other defense that does is the spike blockade.