Sign in to follow this  
Punatulkku

Councilor reward pet

Ok, this is really simple. I would like to have admin sitting on my shoulder going pew pew while playing with my toon.. :P

@Konshu quote:

I hate to say it... but two words for shoulder admin pet... dat frog :D

I wouldn't mind the frog...if it was purple and had the council crest somewhere on him/her but I would love a council pet.

As much as we've already recieved a bunch of goodies , a defense counchilor type of pet (or skin for reusage on our newer pets?) would be awesome.

A council pet/skin would be absolutely bomb

The downside to a DC pet is: How do you make it not fall off in use, but at the same time not overpowered early?

Actually, it'd be pretty amazing if it scaled with your IPWR.

@RaDDoX quote:

i would love an council pet like an old Animus from DD1 that would be awesome!

The pet I am most looking forward to is one like the guardians from DD1. It was so awesome to be able to buff your towers by being nearby.

I widely agree.
Though being in the defense council gave us a few rewards, I still feel like it's nothing special.
Yes, we get a title, a cape and a trophy but that's it. I wished the title would be atleast of a different color to differentiate it from every other title.
I think a defense council pet is a brilliant idea, and hopefully it'll be implemented as a re-usable pet skin of choice.

@[X5RP] The Devil's Lawyer quote:

I widely agree.
Though being in the defense council gave us a few rewards, I still feel like it's nothing special.
Yes, we get a title, a cape and a trophy but that's it. I wished the title would be atleast of a different color to differentiate it from every other title.
I think a defense council pet is a brilliant idea, and hopefully it'll be implemented as a re-usable pet skin of choice.

A different color for the title would be really cool!

@PersonaZero quote:

I widely agree.

A different color for the title would be really cool!

I know, right? Atleast it'd make us special in a way, since right now most people don't even know the council exists. Can't blame them, we got nothing that makes us different. Even the title, it's just a normal title which most people think you unlocked playing.

I know, right? Atleast it'd make us special in a way, since right now most people don't even know the council exists. Can't blame them, we got nothing that makes us different. Even the title, it's just a normal title which most people think you unlocked playing.

We aren't any different from anyone else. We're normal players just like the rest of the community and we already received most of our exclusive rewards. I don't think there should be anymore rewards for the Defense Council because that would drive people away from the game. 

I wouldn't mind Defense Council becoming a monthly subscription thing and everyone who has it now basically has lifetime membership. 

@ally quote:

We aren't any different from anyone else. We're normal players just like the rest of the community and we already received most of our exclusive rewards. I don't think there should be anymore rewards for the Defense Council because that would drive people away from the game. 

I wouldn't mind Defense Council becoming a monthly subscription thing and everyone who has it now basically has lifetime membership. 

Yuck, council being a monthly thing sounds awful, I don't even understand what kind of advantage someone would get from being a councilour considering we barely get anything different ourselves.

@ally quote:

Yuck, council being a monthly thing sounds awful, I don't even understand what kind of advantage someone would get from being a councilour considering we barely get anything different ourselves.

Special monthly items, daily gift boxes, bonus exp and gold. There's a lot of things council members could get. 

@ally quote:

@ally quote:

Special monthly items, daily gift boxes, bonus exp and gold. There's a lot of things council members could get. 

All of those things would be seen as "pay-to-win" and that is something that I'm pretty sure no-one wants.

@SoulStealer64 quote:

All of those things would be seen as "pay-to-win" and that is something that I'm pretty sure no-one wants.

Far from pay-to-win. Giving out gear, pets and things like that is pay-to-win. Cosmetics and small bonuses are compeltely fine. 

@ally quote:

@ally quote:

Far from pay-to-win. Giving out gear, pets and things like that is pay-to-win. Cosmetics and small bonuses are compeltely fine. 

Faster leveling, monthly items and other boosts are directly affecting the gameplay. Trendy specifically said that they wouldn't have anything buyable with real money that would affect the gameplay. Pay-to-win probably wasnt the right term to use, but anything that directly affects gameplay should not be a boost that can be bought with real money.

@SoulStealer64 quote: 

Faster leveling, monthly items and other boosts are directly affecting the gameplay. Trendy specifically said that they wouldn't have anything buyable with real money that would affect the gameplay. Pay-to-win probably wasnt the right term to use, but anything that directly affects gameplay should not be a boost that can be bought with real money.

They are small bonuses. Bonuses almost every MMO has for monthly-paying members and considering DD2 is becoming F2P, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It'd just make things slightly easier for paying members which is how it should be. The game needs income and income = more updates for all players.  

@ally quote:

@SoulStealer64 quote: 

They are small bonuses. Bonuses almost every MMO has for monthly-paying members and considering DD2 is becoming F2P, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It'd just make things slightly easier for paying members which is how it should be. The game needs income and income = more updates for all players.  

I suppose you are right, it just depends on how closely Trendy wants to follow their original plans of not having gameplay affected by real world transactions. Just as long as they don't do things like give extra wyvern tokens to members, and never give Defence Councillors any unique gear etc then I guess it'd be ok to have small boosts.