Sign in to follow this  
DarkkHero

Betsy Incursion - Examples

Here's a simple video showing one way to complete the Betsy Incursion, Hard.

It was done using a Squire with a few Monk aura's.

It also shows how to turn Betsy around, to avoid her targeting the Eggs.

There were mistakes made, but overall it works.

As you can see, my aura's/towers aren't the max level they could be, so anyone can do it.

----------------------------------

Do you have a video of this Incursion?

Post it here!

Here's an example using the Monk with Lightning Strikes Uber.

@DarkkHero quote:

Here's a simple video showing one way to complete the Betsy Incursion, Hard.

It also shows how to turn Betsy around, to avoid her targeting the Eggs.

There were mistakes made, but overall it works.

DD2 Betsy Solo, Hard

Do you have a video of this Incursion?
Post it here!
--------------------
Btw, is there an option to imbed Youtube on these forums?

Yes, you just copy the actual URL link (not the "share" link, that youtube can give you) and you click the youtube icon at the top of your post, and just paste it in there.

Below is my video (not boots)

@DarkkHero quote:

Thx.

Adblock was blocking the Youtube button for some reason.

I figured that may have been the case! Glad you fixed it, it'll be nice to see your vid too!

I can only facepalm myself when I see those videos. And now do it only with the suggested item power, like 115 and not 150 or above.

I'd just get on my huntress for geysers.

That'd be about the only change I'd have to make if I were lower item power.

Not rocket science.

6.6k HP!? woah. Close one with the wave 4 ogres. How did that egg not take any damage when the ogre jump? O.o bug maybe? Maybe consider some barricaid to stall 1 Ogre... a bit close there.

Hmm never noticed that before.

In the video (14:22) when he jumps it says Egg under attack, but it took no damage.

Bugs I guess. =)

@Skalli quote:

I can only facepalm myself when I see those videos. And now do it only with the suggested item power, like 115 and not 150 or above.

I figured I'd give it a shot since you're right all content should be doable within their constraints.  Using average ~95 item level characters.  NO BOOTS.  Should be doable at lower itemization too.  Key is having +range on your squire. Stripped my weapon/shield and helm off all 3 to get to ~95.  Sorry for the quality, just a quick example.

Using:
Boost Monk
Aura Monk
Tower Squire

here is wave 4 with no boots or boost for that matter :)

...where the video cut off was a mistake. I thought I had stopped it earlier prior to the cinematic and hit record again when the game resumed >.<

[[59357,users]]

I'm not sure if you continued messing around with betsy, but It's possible for her to not target your egg or towers. I managed to pull off a perfect kill (no damage to towers, egg, or myself) by doing what you were doing. One thing to note is that if you don't attack her when on the platform it is possible that she will hit your egg. It happened twice while I was testing to see if she would keep aggro on me as long as I stayed on her platform, even if I was actively hitting her.

Yeah, i'm able to do the same.
Don't let anyone stand on the towers, so she doesn't target that player, damaging the towers.
Just stand behind her and move to the side when she spins around.

If you only build on only one side of her you can stand on the other sides ramp and as long as you can spam heal you wont die since she will just keep targeting you.  If you use a healing aura you can afk the battle since she doesn't hurt the egg when your standing on her ramp and she's not hitting any of your defenses.  The video I posted previously shows this.

Extra Note: Left side works best since right side has clipping issues with cannons.

@DarkkHero quote:

Just stand behind her and move to the side when she spins around.

Thanks for sharing these videos! I learned a lot from them. Hoping to be able to solo hard betsy so I can get those 4 tokens. Way behind on getting an uber.

I'd like to know why there is such a big jump from Solo to simply 2 player Betsy Incursion.

Seems a little silly to me. I know doing it solo is a badge of honour but with the double Ogre spawn on wave 4 its almost like its not intended to be solo'd. If the Ogres where staggered then I think solo-ing it without silliness would be much easier.

Grats to all those who can btw. Im content just doing it with a buddy. Game is boring to me without friends to play it with.

@Nekrin quote:

I figured I'd give it a shot since you're right all content should be doable within their constraints.  Using average ~95 item level characters.  NO BOOTS.  Should be doable at lower itemization too.  Key is having +range on your squire. Stripped my weapon/shield and helm off all 3 to get to ~95.  Sorry for the quality, just a quick example.

Using:
Boost Monk
Aura Monk
Tower Squire

Thanks for showing your stats and spheres in the beginning of the video. Is it really necessary to have a separate boost monk that focuses on DH, or is that just for convenience? Are you using legacy aura boost items?

@oneonesix quote:

Thanks for showing your stats and spheres in the beginning of the video. Is it really necessary to have a separate boost monk that focuses on DH, or is that just for convenience? Are you using legacy aura boost items?

You're welcome, I do have legacy boost gear but i took off my Weapon and Helm for that video so I only had around +18 to boost.  I like having another boost monk with DH so i don't have to upgrade/repair it. Plus legacy boost gear was easier to find if you didn't require DS/DP to be on it...

You can probably do it with one monk as long as you watch the  health on the boost.  Not sure if all the cannons will reach Betsy if you're not using +range gear on squire.

Is there any way to beat her on incursion normal with monk and huntress? And this extreme boost aura ... i find only on relic that damage + for the boost so i asume that the other have drops that i never see or dont exist anymore.

And this second video shows incursion hard...really really....only one Ogre Spawn or is it random? when not why is it hard that makes no sense when in normal 2 ogre spawns and in hard one..i can handle only one actual and i dont even think of it to go on hard because i asume its harder not easier....

Why all talk from item power? It is a strengh of the item but dont say anything over your stats for example i can have

a item power from 120 but have no single item with defence power, defence speed or defence health so i cant do anything from this topic. It misleads people that have not much knoweledge or are new to the game.

What Stats you think i have to pile on?

So my Stats are

Huntress

Defence Power: 1071

Defence Speed: 1028

Defence Health: 532

Medium Sphere: 2x Defence Range II

Large Sphere: Drenched I

Uber: nothing

Monk + Relic with 18.79% increase in Boost Aura defence damage boost.

Defence Power: 1021

Defence Speed: 1022

Defence Health: 319

Medium Sphere: 2x Defence Range II

Large Sphere: Lightning Damage I

Uber: nothing

a Signature with the stats would awesome xD

and sry for my bad english :P

[[74116,users]]

Only basic monk\huntress solo is doable but i think you'll probably have to gear up a bit more.  Wave 4 you have to be able to kill one ogre while distracting the other with towers to kill.  Or be powerful enough that your towers can solo an ogre. I would highly suggest leveling up a 3rd character if you want to solo incursion content. 

That said if you get the new monk uber you could probably use that to kill one ogre fast while you deal with the other.

Wave 4 should always spawn 2 ogres,  it randomly glitches and only sends 1.

The high 100%+ boost you see is from old gear that doesn't drop anymore.  The developers have stated they are going to remove those stats from old gear in the next major patch.

[[74116,users]]

on normal mode I don't think there will be much of an issue.

1x lightning aura (repair) and 2 or 3 geysers(repair) to combo off lightning aura per lane

2  skyguards w/ boost  on the front two tree stumps. (upgrade)

on wave three set up LA with boost on ogre lane. Also drop serenity if it will allow you to tank if not you will need to kite. You can also use poison dart towers as to buy time.

wave 4- same concept as wave 3 except you will need to set up in 2 lanes with a heavier fortification for the lane you can't guard.

Betsy- just refer to the first video in this thread on how to turn betsy around. If done right betsy won't attack eggs or defenses.