Sign in to follow this  
Dogs

Reset

Refrain from posting if you can only tell me to shut up as this is a serious discusion as i would like to see a reset and you can not agree with me on it but you don't need to start posting offensive stuff , this is a suggestion and a meaning so everyone can disagree with whatever they want. I am talking about a reset in a time during now and the near release and putting up a topic for it , i won't be responding anymore as i am getting to much *** for even putting this up.

*Deleted*

Re-roll the stats on affected items for monk boost, fix the stand on buff so it works correctly or remove it, but no reset.

@Dogs quote:

Fozzie everyone now already has op gear the betsy boots are in way to long to say just reroll affected items everyone has op gear right now , its to late for that

Actually you're wrong. I dont have OP gear. I would hate a wipe right now because I'm a casual player who can't even do incursion right now. So doing a wipe just to punish the bad people who exploited the glitch will punish EVERYONE who plays normally.

Let them be scrubs. Don't stress out about it. They bought the game so they can play it cheaty until it gets fixed, then they'll know they're not any good

I can understand your frustration Dogs, I too have grinded ages for my gear and it does bug me that newbie players are able to do Incursions with less play, however, once the boots are fixed I think most of them won't be able to do Betsy as they will know no other way to verse Betsy without the boots. This in turn will cause a lot to flop and fail while we, the players who aren't abusing this bug and playing properly, are still grinding Betsy with working builds and coming up with new, simpler and more sophisticated builds. With new modes like Onslaught coming out, the players who are playing properly will end up at an advantage as we are not relying on the glitches to gain anything, but working off of our own ability and in-game stats.

id like to see a gear-rollback to pre-patch, though, i wouldnt want to lose pets, wyvern tokens etc.

@Dhyn Ktonos quote:

I can understand your frustration Dogs, I too have grinded ages for my gear and it does bug me that newbie players are able to do Incursions with less play, however, once the boots are fixed I think most of them won't be able to do Betsy as they will know no other way to verse Betsy without the boots. This in turn will cause a lot to flop and fail while we, the players who aren't abusing this bug and playing properly, are still grinding Betsy with working builds and coming up with new, simpler and more sophisticated builds. With new modes like Onslaught coming out, the players who are playing properly will end up at an advantage as we are not relying on the glitches to gain anything, but working off of our own ability and in-game stats.

This^

the boots doesn't give them a chance to do 70hour farming in 2mins, dear [[78952,users]]

To catch you up they still have to complete ~about the same amount of games you have so far so the RNG hits them with the good gear.

It just boosts up the boost aura incorrectly which causes the bug. Obtaining the better gear takes a lot of time and map completion and if they go and use boots bug right now to farm it, they just hurt themselves and more than likely are not able to complete the maps without it because they don't know how at first. There is not a slightest chance for them to catch up for example my 300 hours of farming in the time boots gets fixed. Don't worry about it.

Ofc the boots may allow the lower item power geared players to farm on incursions but the builds won't just work the same way they do with the boots bug. It's just the same as joining a public game and getting carried by someone. Which has happened a lot since the beginning of time and space.

If you can clock it and show me it takes 4mins I believe you, spawn build with instant kills is the fastest way to go and in my reality on ramparts it took about 10-12minutes for those who had the best gear and built fast. Monsters died nearly instantly on the auras, took about 2s for the beefiest. The monsters spawn in a cycle that can not be shortened by any kind of dmg output. What I think basing on my experience, more monsters spawn when the previous spawn cycle is eliminated which contains other lanes too and monster's movement speed from spawner to killzone. They can't shortcut the animations on betsy, and building takes more time unless they are organized, so 1 places towers/auras 1 places boosts 1jumps on a tower and does the trick. The build part takes that 4mins. It may be faster completion if built near spawners, if not then no. If you see someone doing it like I explained they are experienced and more than likely have better gear than ur 70 hours alrdy.

I'd like to see those ppl you are talking about, telling they are best because they have the boots. Maybe I have to try public again.

[[78952,users]]

Just trying to explain to you how much faster can they not gain gear by using it. Since it bothers you so much. Maybe they can do 20 betsy runs more than you in 70hours but that requires experience of the game, not just any new guy can do it that fast.

It's just insignificant if your only point is that new guys can get gear "faster". If your point is that they get something they should not then I have no argument against that, it's completely true. But we were carrying newbies on ramparts public before, it's not that different from that. It also counted as getting something they shouldnt.

If you are bothered by experienced players farming and abusing the boots bug professionally, there is the problem, maybe a wipe is required because of that. But you are not referring to this in your posts it's only the new players.

Maybe this is a bit clearer way to say it, I apologize.

I just changed my opinion on this topic. It would suck to have everything taken away. But I think a hard reset would be great for the livelihood of this game and despite putting hundreds of hours in to-date, i would still support it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so petty and care what others do in a game where you can only play with a maximum of FOUR people at once. 

I also don't think the OP and many others who play this game understand what PRE ALPHA means. It is quite sad.

The boots need to be sorted, I imagine this will happen next patch.

As far as I know Trendy has no plans whatsoever to reset any gear in any way, I think the official statement was something along the lines of We will not do any gear resets whatsoever unless it is absolutely necessary.

So I guess we'll see.

@Dogs quote:

So let me rephrase myself before you even read this , i am getting so much hate just to mention beginners in a post its ridicilous .

What i was saying with my post was that it would give a unfair advantage towards other players that werent there in the time that these bugged/op gear was here and they will need to farm way harder whilest other players could do that stuff in a few hours that is mainly why i am suggesting to do a full reset doesn't matter when really.

You can agree or don't agree but don't go *** on me for even mentioning such a thing as this is a suggestion thread and i am making a suggestion to reset everything , if you agree with it or not.

Its a Pre-Alpha >_< not an already finished and released game. Do u cry again when the game come out f2p and u bought ist ? I think you forget in wich state of the game you play. Just calm down there will be more and more bug come until it comes to "alpha" > "beta" > "realease". And when a nearly the same bug comes after release you can be sure that they will do a rollback. but in a pre-alpha it makes no sense!

@Guggelhupf quote:

@Dogs quote:

So let me rephrase myself before you even read this , i am getting so much hate just to mention beginners in a post its ridicilous .

What i was saying with my post was that it would give a unfair advantage towards other players that werent there in the time that these bugged/op gear was here and they will need to farm way harder whilest other players could do that stuff in a few hours that is mainly why i am suggesting to do a full reset doesn't matter when really.

You can agree or don't agree but don't go *** on me for even mentioning such a thing as this is a suggestion thread and i am making a suggestion to reset everything , if you agree with it or not.

Its a Pre-Alpha >_< not an already finished and released game. Do u cry again when the game come out f2p and u bought ist ? I think you forget in wich state of the game you play. Just calm down there will be more and more bug come until it comes to "alpha" > "beta" > "realease". And when a nearly the same bug comes after release you can be sure that they will do a rollback. but in a pre-alpha it makes no sense!

i am totally calm and not crying at any point , i think you should grow up before posting okay?

I am making a suggestion to reset the game in a whole at a certain point in time i am not saying i am gonna be mad if they don't do it right now. 

It would be appriciated if you refrain from posting on this topic again as you clearly have no idea how to neither read my posts what i am saying or reacting in a normal manner without being a troll towards other players. 

Regards Dogs

I imagine when the full game is released, there will probably be an increased level cap, and thus newer better gear.  This would be almost like a reset.  The only difference would be, that people who put in time during pre-alpha will have a slightly faster time leveling to the new cap.

I personally, despite enjoying the gear that I have at endgame currently, would like a complete account reset once the game goes F2P.  That seems like the best scenario to balance the field for new players coming in to the game.  For those who are playing currently that would complain, there have been no guarantees that there wouldn't ever be a wipe so playing an alpha/beta always has its risks.

All of our loot is going to rerolled soon to go with the loot drop changes and we'll most likely see some drop in our gold when they rebalance the economy. I'm pretty sure we won't get a full reset as that would leave many players feeling sort of "cheated" (even though we all opted into that by buying an early access f2p game). They will probably just raise the level cap and we will have only a small exp edge on the newer players.

@Omamba quote:

I imagine when the full game is released, there will probably be an increased level cap, and thus newer better gear.  This would be almost like a reset.  The only difference would be, that people who put in time during pre-alpha will have a slightly faster time leveling to the new cap.

I totally agree and i think this is also fair seeing that we had to pay for the game, so why not give us a slight advantage to the people that get it free. 

But yeah, I dont think they will do a hard reset. hopefully 

The idea of a wipe prior to launch will always have the community split in what route they would like trendy to take. While there will always be a chance that a wipe will happen, there is also a chance that it won't happen. I'm personally leaning on the side that will wipe only if trendy deems it necessary. If trendy decides a wipe isn't needed but player still want a wipe then my suggestion is that those players delete their heroes and sell off everything in their inventory. Problem solved...players that want a fresh start get it and those that don't want to start with a clean slate don't have to :p

Feel free to delete your characters and have your own reset, but if they reset my characters that I've already got over 150+ hours in then I'd be fairly annoyed as they said they'd only have a reset if there's major game changes, not just due to a game launch and also said they'd try their hardest to stay away from character wipes and if needed, they would wipe an item slot or two. I have already spent some of my real money tokens on accessories from the store and leveled those up, do you want that wiped too? Also like said above, I payed to play early access and began my grind once they said "major character wipes" were over with, my benefit is being far ahead of everyone else.

P.S Not saying you're stupid at all, just my argument.

s0gh1n

@Soghin quote:

Feel free to delete your characters and have your own reset, but if they reset my characters that I've already got over 150+ hours in then I'd be fairly annoyed as they said they'd only have a reset if there's major game changes, not just due to a game launch and also said they'd try their hardest to stay away from character wipes and if needed, they would wipe an item slot or two. I have already spent some of my real money tokens on accessories from the store and leveled those up, do you want that wiped too? Also like said above, I payed to play early access and began my grind once they said "major character wipes" were over with, my benefit is being far ahead of everyone else.

P.S Not saying you're stupid at all, just my argument.

s0gh1n

As it has been said many times before; It's pre-alpha. Theres bound to be wipes. You can't expect to keep your characters if you've ever played Alpha Tests on any other game before. They always do a wipe between Alpha leading into Beta. If trendy will do that we don't know. All premium currency spent BEFORE a wipe will be refunded anyways; But only if the wipe happens.

@Pneuma quote:

As it has been said many times before; It's pre-alpha. Theres bound to be wipes. You can't expect to keep your characters if you've ever played Alpha Tests on any other game before. They always do a wipe between Alpha leading into Beta. If trendy will do that we don't know. All premium currency spent BEFORE a wipe will be refunded anyways; But only if the wipe happens.

And as it has been said many times before, Trendy does not plan on doing a full wipe unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

Rerolling stats on items to account for balance changes makes sense. But please don't wipe heroes. I'm far too attached to my heroes after the journey we've been through. 

If my account is reset I will really regret having paid good money for early access to a Free to Play game.