Sign in to follow this  
djrandyran

Who Travels?

In my near future I am going to have the opportunity to go to Japan for 2 years, and possibly more during that time. Who has had the opportunity to travel the world? I live in New York and have been to Canada/Mexico and parts of Europe.

Anybody care to share?

"Parts of Europe" (Sooooooo 'Murican... :P )

Care to elaborate on that one? :)

I live in Denmark and I've been to

2 times to London, England

Cap d'agde, France (South France)

Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Berlin, Germany

Oslo, Norway

Camping somewhere in the woods, Sweden

Washington D.C / New York / Philadelphia, 'Murica

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

In the future I'd like to go back to the US with a couple of my friends for a month and just travel around the country.

- What would you be doing in Japan?

@JoneZ B) quote:

"Parts of Europe" (Sooooooo 'Murican... :P )

Care to elaborate on that one? :)

- What would you be doing in Japan?

Haha yes very typical. I was originally born in Germany and traveled to Italy, France and England while i was there. i have since returned to Europe on one occasion last summer.

I am in the United States Air Force and my first duty assignment is to Japan for 2 years

@djrandyran quote:

I am in the United States Air Force and my first duty assignment is to Japan for 2 years

I hope you aren't tall. When I was in Japan for a bit, I was too tall for everything. :)

@curtisgk quote:

@djrandyran quote:

I hope you aren't tall. When I was in Japan for a bit, I was too tall for everything. :)

6'0"

Sweden, Norway, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece, US (Florida), England

My life has been a lot of travelling, i mostly twice a year go to Angola (Africa) where i lived for 8 years (No i didn't have a lion as pet, but i knew people with monkeys as pets!)

Tho besides angola and portugal I've been to:

• Barcelona (Spain); Beautiful! 
  • Seville (Spain); Beautiful too!
  • Paris (France) Disneyyyyyyyyy and Eiffel Towerrr :3

I expect to travel more during holidays, it's always amazing squire_small.png

I've traveled a bit in my time.  Always for pleasure though, never for business.

I live in California, but have traveled to about half of the western US, Hawaii and New York.  A few parts of Canada (Vancouver, Calgary) and Ensenada in Mexico.

Further out I've been to Paris , Florence, Rome, Venice, and Lucerne.  Wasn't a huge fan of Paris despite always wanting to visit there when I was a child, but the rest of the locations were great and people in Italy are very friendly despite the crime.

Recently I've been to London, Edinburgh, and Dublin.  Scotland was by far my favorite, but the trip overall was excellent and I recommend it strongly.

My last trip was a tour group (I'm not a fan of tour groups and do not endorse them, but this was a unique case) to Turkey and I had a fairly good time despite some poor traveling arrangements.  We drove all over the country, hitting stops such as Istanbul, Ankara, Cannakale, etc.  Great country and a pretty favorable exchange rate for the US right now.  Also before anyone asks it was completely safe.

I'm jealous of you going to Japan though.  I wanted to go last year, but the prices were too high to justify the cost.  I hope to go in the near future.

Oh I guess in retrospect I've also traveled to Manila and a number of the smaller islands (Butuan, Tagaytay).  It's funny that you tend to leave off places you've lived in as travel destinations.  Perspective is a fascinating thing.

ive been to turkey, malaysia, dubai, germany, sweden ( i dont remember much of that i was a child), indonesia, Iran and singapore. turkey is indeed a pretty cool place, i loved it. i was in kushadasi during my stay it was very beautiful

I agree.  Ephesus and Pamukkale were highlights of the trip.  I was stunned overall at how well preserved their ruins are compared to other parts of the world.  Well except Troy and the Temple of Artemis.  =(

@Walsh quote:

i travel to my fridge and back

And sometimes it's so empty it looks like North Pole... That's quite a travel imo.

I've never understood people's fascination with the simple concept of traveling. From my computer I can find pictures and videos of any sights worth seeing, as well as explore artificial worlds designed to be far more interesting than anything nature has ever produced.

That being said, if I was going to go somewhere, it would definitely be Japan. Hope you have fun.

@Folly quote:

I've never understood people's fascination with the simple concept of traveling. From my computer I can find pictures and videos of any sights worth seeing, as well as explore artificial worlds designed to be far more interesting than anything nature has ever produced.

That being said, if I was going to go somewhere, it would definitely be Japan. Hope you have fun.

It just allows you to create your own experience and expose you to different cultures and living. Pictures can only provide you with so much and it can be hard to grasp unless you actually do it. I just got to japan 3 days ago and there are already so many differences with everything here.

Traveling was one of the best experiences of my life. There is so much more to culture than what you see on the internet. Nothing on the internet will compare to what I've witnessed by visiting so many countries. 

Navy brat here. 

Born on the island of Guam, moved to San Diego, California for 4 years, then moved to the country of Panama for 4 years, back to San Diego, California for 4 years, back to the country of Panama for 4 years, and finally ended up in Burkburnett, Texas since 1985. 

United States (all but 4 states), Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Trinidad, Tobago, South Korea, Malaysia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Germany, and Equatorial Guinea.  Mostly for work.