Special Delivery Achievement

Steam text: Defeat 1,000 special enemies.

Since my count for this in-game was still pretty low, I was wondering what exactly counts for this achievement.

Which enemies count as "special"?

Do you have to kill them with your hero?

Does it count if your defenses kill them?

Does it count if another players hero/defenses kill them?

@Aurao quote:

Steam text: Defeat 1,000 special enemies.

Since my count for this in-game was still pretty low, I was wondering what exactly counts for this achievement.

Which enemies count as "special"?

Do you have to kill them with your hero?

Does it count if your defenses kill them?

Does it count if another players hero/defenses kill them?

Special enemies are all the ones that give an "!" before the start of the wave.  This includes ogres and any named enemies.  They tend to have a TON of hit points and walk straight through most basic defenses and smash barricades.  Also, some have special defenses that allow them to soak a ton of hit points worth of a specific type of damage.  For example, there is a skull helmet wearing orc on the Liferoot Forest map that has insane physical damage resistance.  With over 600,000 hit points, he's a nightmare for squires.

Generally, special enemies only show up on "Hard" difficulty or late game maps such as Ramparts, Throne Room, and the new wyvern maps.

You should be able to kill them with anything, defenses or heroes.

It should count if your defense or another player's defenses kill them.

@Wicked001 quote:

Special enemies are all the ones that give an "!" before the start of the wave.  This includes ogres and any named enemies.  

Ogres do not count for achievement. *tested, verified and achieved*

[[62097,users]]  no no. Special enemy are the one that spawn during the wave with the notification of "?" Ogers/all the bosses in Liferoot/ Betsy aren't consider special enemy. The only special enemy in incursion is Malthius. If you want to finish these quick I suggest throne room on 25++, I believe there are 2-3 special enemies there. Forgot their name.

@MrCrave quote:

Wicked001  no no. Special enemy are the one that spawn during the wave with the notification of "?" Ogers/all the bosses in Liferoot/ Betsy aren't consider special enemy. The only special enemy in incursion is Malthius. If you want to finish these quick I suggest throne room on 25++, I believe there are 2-3 special enemies there. Forgot their name.

In those incursions, yes the only special enemy would be malthius, but in liferoot forest the special enemies are special, simply put, ogre counts as a major threat but he is not a special enemy.

The "!" signs for big threat usually special enemy, but it doesn't mean it is a special enemy, liferoot forest does have 4 special enemies, if it counts for achievement or not im not sure as i have not tested.

There's a challenge on special enemies, to verify it simply check how many you have killed, go do it and check if the number changed.

Gutu Of course I already checked. It doesn't count. I've been at 66% special enemy since before release. Feel free to verify for yourself.

@MrCrave quote:

Gutu Of course I already checked. It doesn't count. I've been at 66% special enemy since before release. Feel free to verify for yourself.

Interesting, that may be a bug, i'll def do. thanks!

@Gutu quote:

There's a challenge on special enemies, to verify it simply check how many you have killed, go do it and check if the number changed.

I know, but there are so many enemies in a game you can't say for sure which of them counted.

Life root does not count, ogres in crossroad don't count either.

Betsy isn't one of them. Don't seem to me that any of the special enemies in the 3 new incursion are actually special.

My count has stop at 22% since this patch comes out.

If I have to go back and farm 25++ throne room, I would leave this achievement undone lol.

Just confirmed 25++ free play and Mathias Incursion (Rampart) count as special enemy. Nothing else from the 3 new map, and nothing in chrome incursion.

We are pretty much screwed on this achievement. 

If you are still reading this, make sure to report it using the tavern keep, more people reporting it, the quicker they will fix it (i hope).

[[75540,users]] I have already done an in game report via tavern keep.

As with a friend of mine said, bug forum isn't really that useful.

[[64025,users]] will tell you to file an in game report anyways.

[[68068,users]] I forgot to type game feedback subforum. Its where they ask players their opinion on newly release content.

@Gutu quote:

*tested, verified and achieved*

Just tell them which map/playlist to accomplish the achievement Gutu and be done with it...lol!

@Junbao quote:

Just tell them which map/playlist to accomplish the achievement Gutu and be done with it...lol!

I ain't givin them dat for free D: ^^ but you may if you want Master Junbao!

@Junbao quote:

@Gutu quote:

So... Junbao? =p

@classic22 quote:

@Junbao quote:

@Gutu quote:

So... Junbao? =p

Oh my god too much awesomeness in a single thread... First Junbao and now Classic22... What a thread... 

• 2 weeks later...

New maps still don't count for special enemies (I just checked)

I'm at 6 / 1000 QQ

EDIT: Remparts still count (because of the Big Mage I guess)

I think I'll have to farm it ...