Sign in to follow this  
Joshherz

Game won’t launch after I have pressed play on launcher

I press play the launcher disappears then nothing happens? I have tried all the normal fixes and they have not worked, CAN ANYONE HELP?

Hi [[79862,users]], 

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. This a known issue for us, that I thought had been figured out. Can you give us a little bit more information?

What have you tried so far? Have you verified your cache through Steam? This is usually the number one fix. 

Do you have any music or other high bandwidth applications running? If so, try closing them and restarting the game. 

Another issue may be your firewall. Is DD2 blocked in your firewall settings? If so, try unblocking it, then restarting the game. 

If all else fails, please fill out a bug report, and I'll flag our QA team. 

Thank you for the feedback!

I have the same issue, the firewall is alright, i have closed any programs/applications i had runnig and it didn't work. Now the key thing here is that i also tried to get it verified in my cache through steam, it finished at 100% but it failed to do so. The failure says: 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired. How do you fix this?

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi Joshherz

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. This a known issue for us, that I thought had been figured out. Can you give us a little bit more information?

What have you tried so far? Have you verified your cache through Steam? This is usually the number one fix. 

Do you have any music or other high bandwidth applications running? If so, try closing them and restarting the game. 

Another issue may be your firewall. Is DD2 blocked in your firewall settings? If so, try unblocking it, then restarting the game. 

If all else fails, please fill out a bug report, and I'll flag our QA team. 

Thank you for the feedback!

Having the same problem, you can work around it by joining friends that are already in a pub/private game session, but even then you can not leave that game to go back to the communal lobby (the search pop up times out and you stay in game until you quit to desktop)